NFL Waiver Claims

choon328

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ward was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs as an undrafted free agent on May 3, 2019.  He tore his ACL during training camp and spent his rookie season on the non-football injury list

Chiefs general manager Brett Veach was notably high on Ward coming out of college.

“He was a guy that tore his knee, I don’t know that he’ll be ready this year, but he’s going to be a prototypical Steve Spagnuolo defensive end,” he said back in May of 2019. “[Ward is] long, athletic, started playing football late, and everyone kind of went in there to evaluate the (Oshane) Ximines kid who got drafted at Old Dominion, this was a kid that one of our scouts, Mike Davis, had mentioned, ‘Hey, they’ve got this other defensive end and he’s raw as all get-out, started playing football late.’ The late tape at Old Dominion he really started coming on, we had him in here for one of the workouts here. The NFL conducted another combine here that we had and he had come to that. Spent a lot of time with him. You may not see him this year, but we’re going to take our time with his rehab, we’re not going to rush him, and he could be a guy that could really develop and be a player in the future.”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Why what’s the point?  Are we taking a time machine to 3 years ago when Ertz was still good?

The Jets have literally nothing at the position outside of Kroft at the moment.

I have no delusions of Ertz being the player he was 2-3 years ago, but he can still be a short term security blanket capable of putting up 500 yards and 4-5 TD’s a season provided he’s healthy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I just don’t think there was a TE out there worthy of a roster spot right now.  My guess is that we should a couple on the practice squad shortly.  

They have Kenny Y. on the PS squad. If we do not pickup another TE between now and week 1 he will likely be elevated and the TEs would be Kroft, Kenny, and Wesco will be a TE and FB. we will be fine. Other positions like G we will go with our starters and Feeney at backup right now. Probably our biggest weak link is CB with Austin being cut. That starting spot now has nobody on the team with any exp. and an exp. vet coming in would take some time to pickup the system unless CB Trufant is picked up since he has time with ATL under Ulbrich I believe, so he can possibly start by week 1. We need a starter at CB that knows the system right now or we see what Echols or Dunn can do hopefully with the DLine having to get pressure on Sam to start at the Panthers and perhaps force him into some bad throws like he consistently made for us when under pressure. 

19 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Strengths

Tackle machine with 111 total and 78 solos his senior season

Ran 4.59 and carries incredible 81-inch wingspan on sub 6-foot frame

Carries thick trunk

Explosive leaping numbers at pro day

Big second-gear burst to track down ball-carriers

Aggressive acceleration through contact with thoughtful wrap-up

Has soft hands and long speed to pick it and go

Possesses blitz and special teams talent

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

29 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

We cut our best cover corner 1 week before the season might as well also cut our best slot receiver too

I get the sentiment...but Moore is by far and away our best slot receiver.  It's not even close.

He's probably the best receiver on the team.

Arguably could turn out to be the best player on the team.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

5' 11" 225 lbs

2019 Draft Results

Drafted by Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 3 ‧ Pick 98

Fast, explosive athlete who will be targeted as a run-and-hit outside linebacker with the ability to stalk from sideline to sideline. Williams is aggressive in his response to ball-carriers but can be slow to diagnose and defeat blockers during his process. His speed, aggression and explosiveness are nice traits to unleash on special teams while he is being developed as a 4-3 WILL linebacker.

Strengths

Tackle machine with 111 total and 78 solos his senior season

Ran 4.59 and carries incredible 81-inch wingspan on sub 6-foot frame

Carries thick trunk

Explosive leaping numbers at pro day

Big second-gear burst to track down ball-carriers

Aggressive acceleration through contact with thoughtful wrap-up

Has soft hands and long speed to pick it and go

Possesses blitz and special teams talent

Weaknesses

Just one season of true starter's production

Instincts are slightly below average

Can be slow to see it unfold and respond

Much better downhill than flowing laterally

Change-of-direction quickness is average

Undersized as a pro linebacker

5’11” with a 6’9” wingspan? I get why Saleh calls him long. That’s downright freakish. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Former Jets claimed: Corey Levin (Tennessee) & Elijah Campbell (Miami)

Damn! I think the Jets tried to sneak Levin through waivers by cutting him early, but the Titans know him well. A shame Feeney and Edoga are wasting a roster spot.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, vic said:

Since we are adding players- who are we cutting? Heard about Austin but no one else.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I am guessing that we will hear about a few guys moved to recallable IR today to open up roster spots.  Jarrad Davis, Edoga, McDermott, Zuniga were all on the initial 53 yesterday but are banged up.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I wonder how many TEs will be active opening day.  We could see some interesting formations with berrios and Jeff smith along with the other wrs.  

We're going to use zero TEs and zero CBs.  Completely innovative and will surprise everyone.

#CoachingWhereFootballisGoing

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am guessing that we will hear about a few guys moved to recallable IR today to open up roster spots.  Jarrad Davis, Edoga, McDermott, Zuniga were all on the initial 53 yesterday but are banged up.

Agree. I'm hoping McDermott not as bad as feared.

• Sympathy 1