Jets Practice Squad Signings

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, I'm happy about this, but if he's so talented, why didn't any other team poach him?

Because in order to sign him, he needs to be placed on the active 53 , meaning the signing team would need to release someone else. If someone is going to grab him it will be in season when injuries open up spots on rosters. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kenny Yeboah Tanzel Smart Vyncint Smith Josh Johnson Jimmy Murray Isaiah Williams Josh Adams Hamilcar Rashed Ronnie Blair DJ Montgomery

It is surprising. He has a game ball and everything.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Lith said:
Reunited with Sam in Carolina

Either he was really pissed off about being cut, or else the Jets didn't want him back on the PS.

Interesting development. Oh well...not the end of the world.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jetstream said:

could see Rhule Bellicheat sign him to PS just to get intel on our offense :)

Spoke too soon...

He will move on to NE after he's cut following the Carolina game

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Because in order to sign him, he needs to be placed on the active 53 , meaning the signing team would need to release someone else. If someone is going to grab him it will be in season when injuries open up spots on rosters. 

I know that. I'm just surprised some team didn't think he was currently better than the worst RB on the roster right now.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Does Yeboah’s still get his fully guaranteed $180,000 base salary in addition to his weekly practice squad check? Or, does the practice squad money go toward the $180,000 fully guaranteed contract?

Without looking, I'm guessing he gets both. When he was released, he got the $180,000. The practice squad is a new agreement. I could be wrong. 

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, I'm happy about this, but if he's so talented, why didn't any other team poach him?

This was the #5 guy for most fans all offseason. How many players is the Jets #5 RB better than? Also think most teams are probably looking to bring their own guys back, just like the Jets are doing. There’ll be another, smaller round of signings and cuts after today’s waiver claims. It’ll be a couple days before the game of musical chairs is done. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, Jethead said:

We need another Safety.

We signed a safety from the Browns to the 53 today -- Sheldrick Redwine, plus added Neasman to the practice squad.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Montgomery a bit of a surprise.

He has good measurables - he's bigger, stronger, and faster than many good NFL receivers.  He ISN'T a good NFL WR, but he's worth keeping around in case the light goes on at some point.  He's sort of on the Jeff Smith track - good athlete who has battled injuries but too soon to give up on him

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Origen said:

What's our G situation?  Seems like all we have is Feeney behind AVT and GVR, And McGovern.  Would like to see something happen there ASAP.

Agreed.  Maybe a trade in the works.  Feeny is not a good football player and Van Roten is average at best.  

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Does Yeboah’s still get his fully guaranteed $180,000 base salary in addition to his weekly practice squad check? Or, does the practice squad money go toward the $180,000 fully guaranteed contract?

It goes to DWC 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm really surprised they were able to get Yeboah back on the PS.

nice-jacksonville-jaguars-fan.gif

lol what? Some of you folks have a wildly overrated view of where he is right now as a football player - despite all the evidence in the world telling you otherwise.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

nice-jacksonville-jaguars-fan.gif

lol what? Some of you folks have a wildly overrated view of where he is right now as a football player - despite all the evidence in the world telling you otherwise.  

Agree. My comment was based on the fact that he was a projected mid-round pick. I guess most teams didn't  see him that way and the reason he went undrafted. Just thought someone would take a flyer. Then again, when a team with no TEs waives you, that's a hint 

I am liking the look of the Practice Squad, and it makes sense.  

Also telling how few of our cuts land with other teams.

I do wonder why Corey Levin could get picked up (again) by the Titans and not be a good backup to Feeney.  

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Lith said:
  1. Kenny Yeboah
  2. Tanzel Smart
  3. Vyncint Smith
  4. Josh Johnson
  5. Jimmy Murray
  6. Isaiah Williams
  7. Josh Adams
  8. Hamilcar Rashed
  9. Ronnie Blair
  10. Sharrod Neasman
  11. DJ Montgomery

11 reported so far.  5 to go.  I will keep this post updated with the full list as the day goes on.  Subject to change as not all reports are confirmed.  Adams, Yoboah, Neasman, Mongomery, Smith and Johnson were all at practice today -- so those are pretty well confirmed.

Great to see Vyncint Smith, Yeboah, Josh Johnson, Josh Adams and Hamilcar there.

No James Morgan, huh?  Interesting.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I think we should all hold off on putting him in HOF. He wasn’t drafted and wasn’t claimed. 

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Either he was really pissed off about being cut, or else the Jets didn't want him back on the PS.

Interesting development. Oh well...not the end of the world.

Or he wants to be in Joe Barry’s O system & development