A small story

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

She should know to not bet against jets preseason and to always bet against the jets in the reg season.

Nice cake!

That’s what happens when you don’t do your research!!

it’s also why I’ve been hesitant to do a bet for the Jets/Eagles regular season game we are going to haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

So my birthday was on Monday, and my fiance is an absolute wizard at cooking and baking. 

I couldn’t decide on a flavor, and told her to just run with whatever she wanted to try and do  

She’s an Eagles fan and she was kinda tired about hearing my optimism of the Jets this year, and kept saying “it’s just the Jets, they aren’t going to win anything, even in the preseason”

so she said “I will bake you a huge cake, but for every game the Jets lose in the preseason, I knock off a layer” and if they didn’t win anything, she would just make me a cupcake with a frown face and I’d just have to deal with her ridicule. 

so I agreed to the deal. 

well, especially after how she worded the bet, it came back to bite her, and, well, this was the cake I got for my birthday. 

top layer was a vanilla cake with chocolate ganache with homemade buttercream icing

second layer was a chocolate cake with toasted marshmallow and graham cracker filling, with a. Marshmallow buttercream icing with fondant footballs and chocolate molded helmets around the edges  

and the bottom layer was a cookies and crepe cake with buttercream icing

who knows if the Jets will let me down in the regular season, but for the preseason…clutch!

also, I got a pretty cool future wife haha. 

anyone wanna take a trip to Pennsylvania for some Jets talk and cake?  Plenty left!

BCA22961-5224-4D1C-B567-A339FB2840BE.jpeg

8DAE98D7-D55B-4CF0-A7A4-E1CB7EBBA50B.jpeg

Does she have a sister? ?

15 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Does she have a sister? ?

She did, unfortunately she passed away in her 20’s from a myriad of health issues. 

I never had the chance to know her, but when I proposed to my fiancé this year it was at the gala for the foundation her family set up in her honor. 

They do some amazing things for sick children with helping out with medic bills and an absolutely monstrous Christmas toy donation for the Lehigh Valley area where the past couple of years had early access to Target and spent around $15-$20,000 for toys for not only the kids who are stuck in the hospital, but also their siblings. 

if anyone is interested in knowing more, this is a link to their foundation. 
https://amberelchertfoundation.org

sorry to take a light hearted question and give a  somber response. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, chrisfaceoff said:

She did, unfortunately she passed away in her 20’s from a myriad of health issues. 

I never had the chance to know her, but when I proposed to my fiancé this year it was at the gala for the foundation her family set up in her honor. 

They do some amazing things for sick children with helping out with medic bills and an absolutely monstrous Christmas toy donation for the Lehigh Valley area where the past couple of years had early access to Target and spent around $15-$20,000 for toys for not only the kids who are stuck in the hospital, but also their siblings. 

if anyone is interested in knowing more, this is a link to their foundation. 
https://amberelchertfoundation.org

sorry to take a light hearted question and give a  somber response. 

Sorry to hear that... Sounds like you're a lucky guy... be safe & enjoy... Happy Belated Birthday. ??