Bless Released

HawkeyeJet

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I liked Bless, and I'm surprised he's gone.

Thing is Bless wasn't really all that fast, seems to me Saleh is all about speed.

Have to wonder if the broader defensive philosophy is that if the DL can generate pressure, then the more speed in the secondary the better to get passes that aren’t on the mark. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Age of current CBs

Carter II - 22

Echols - 23

Guidry - 23

Hall - 23

Hardee - 27 (old man really only plays specials)

Pinnock - 22

Dunn - 22

Can’t imagine any team in the last 10 years a has been able to beat this with a younger class of CB starting on defense. 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If this defense isn’t bottom 5 in football Saleh is a miracle worker 

They have a better chance of not being a bottom 5 defensively with Bless gone. He wasn't a sure tackler & awful in coverage. Face it, he sucked. I'm just glad the Front Office/Coaching Staff saw it the way I did.

i know it's early in the day but now we've got:

1) One TE on the roster who would be a 3rd TE on most teams, one TE/FB who would not be on any other team

2) 1 1/2 CBs with NFL experience

Honestly, there is no good way to spin this according to my very superficial understanding of things. Can the "in JD we trust" people please make sense of this for me.

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

• Sympathy 2

21 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Unlike prior gms, i have faith that douglas has a solution.  This is interesting, you’d think they could have traded him. 

I dont we have no back up qb, no real running backs and no real tight end as of now(if Joe brings in Ertz and a legit rb I will change my positon)

I am a bit shocked by this.  Not because he's a stud, but because they are so young and thin at this position.

Can still remember his first press conference after they signed him as a rookie where he said words to the effect that he expected to be one of the best ever, if not the best.  He certainly wasn't lacking in confidence.  I expect someone will pick him up.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JazzyJet said:

i know it's early in the day but now we've got:

1) One TE on the roster who would be a 3rd TE on most teams, one TE/FB who would not be on any other team

2) 1 CB with NFL experience

Honestly, there is no good way to spin this according to my very superficial understanding of things. Can the "in JD we trust" people please make sense of this for me.

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

tank GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3