Bless Released

HawkeyeJet

22 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

i know it's early in the day but now we've got:

1) One TE on the roster who would be a 3rd TE on most teams, one TE/FB who would not be on any other team

2) 1 1/2 CBs with NFL experience

Honestly, there is no good way to spin this according to my very superficial understanding of things. Can the "in JD we trust" people please make sense of this for me.

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

And we have four linebackers.  One of whom has never finished a season.  Heck, Cashman has never begun a season. 

AVT and Moore missed the entire preseason.  If AVT cannot go, Feeney and GVR are the starting Guards.  I am sorry, but EGAD!

• Upvote 1

I'm not remotely worried about our CB situation. With Q, Rankins, Shaq, Huff/jfm I'm confident we can generate consistent pressure on defense. I've said this for years. If you can generate a good pass rush you can get away with mediocre corner play. Literally look at Bradberry on the giants. Career mediocre CB who had a monster season as soon as he had Leonard Williams wreaking havoc. Honestly name me one good pass defense that has a bad pass rush. Name me one team with top 5 pressure on the QB that doesn't have an high rated corner by proxy. I'm not saying a good corner isn't helpful but people put too much stock in cornerbacks.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Like it or hate it(I’m actually indifferent on this particular move) I absolutely love that JD and Saleh have zero issue with cutting bait now with people who they don’t think are really part of the solution.  

I see this same post every time we get a new GM and he cuts the last GMs players.

But it always leaves out that the current GM holds onto to his own trash for too long.

This is nothing more than a current GM wanting his own players. Verdicts still out if his players are better and part of the solution. But his players will be given way more leniency. 

If a new GM started next year he would cut half of Joe's players right away.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

It's a work in progress. Hell, he's even now still dismantling the mess that the previous GM left. JD got a 6 year contract for a reason.

As far as the secondary goes, it seems like they’re going to use this year as a long tryout to see which guys to keep next year.  The guys who stick will be battle tested and i expect them to draft a starting caliber cb in the first 2 rounds next year along with 2 pass rushers.  

As for TE, they’ll bring one in who won’t be much of a factor unless there’s injuries.  Seems like they’re going to use that speed on offense to create space and use the rbs as extra wrs too.  Could really be a fun offense to watch.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Sounds like the macagnnan defender talking points of 4 years ago

JD has gotten a major pass from most of this fan base.   But as I said a few weeks ago, he's in for some rumblings if we put up another 11, 12, 13 loss season.  Especially if the defense looks like a clown act, the O line looks feeble, and we're constantly getting blown out.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And you watched every single practice ?

Every snap of pre season and every available practice. 

If you did, you would agree. This wouldnt even be questioned as it was widely regarded that he stunk amongst observers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

JD has gotten a major pass from most of this fan base.   But as I said a few weeks ago, he's in for some rumblings if we put up another 11, 12, 13 loss season.  Especially if the defense looks like a clown act, the O line looks feeble, and we're constantly getting blown out.

Every new GM we’ve had the past 20 years since Bradway was supposed to be the next big thing 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2