Jets practice 09/01

shuler82

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Only scenario where it makes sense is if they’re making a move for someone like Ertz or O.J. Howard.

That could be part of the reason Jeff Smith made the roster. To run those sweeps out of the backfield like we heard about Crowder doing in camp.

But I wouldn’t trade Crowder for a mid-round pick next year. Only if it’s for an immediate return at TE.

Yes.  Trading him for draft picks would be a mistake - this year is about giving ZW as much support as they can.

But if they can bring in a legit weapon at a position of need - then I'm all for it.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Becton is a big boy, his shoulder is almost as tall as Foley.

He reminds me of the guy in Animal House that says "Do you mind if we dance with your dates?"

It's amazing.   You see him, and it's like, "yeah, he's bigger than the other guys, but there's lots of big guys."

Then you realize the other guys he towers over are freaking 6'3" and 300 pounds.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  Trading him for draft picks would be a mistake - this year is about giving ZW as much support as they can.

But if they can bring in a legit weapon at a position of need - then I'm all for it.  

Yes, and at this stage it would only make sense to trade for Crowder who plays the slot WR position we are 3 deep at to get a TE which we are only 1 deep at with Kroft and I am assuming he will be real productive. Probably not the best assumption.

Crowder and Maye should both be moved before the trade deadline. Neither one will be on this team beyond this year. Just a matter of when that is.

Crowder - before season, let Moore and Berrios work the slot
Maye - at the deadline once Davis is back full time.

Bad move. You can NOT count on Davis to replace Maye. In fact you can't count on Davis at all.

Plus he sucks

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Bad move. You can NOT count on Davis to replace Maye. In fact you can't count on Davis at all.

Plus he sucks emoji53.png emoji25.png

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

That may be true but allowing a valuable asset to walk free at the end of the season when you can swing him for a pick is bad business.

17 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Crowder and Maye should both be moved before the trade deadline. Neither one will be on this team beyond this year. Just a matter of when that is.

Crowder - before season, let Moore and Berrios work the slot

Maye - at the deadline once Davis is back full time.

You have to start winning games.