Jamison Crowder not at Jets Practice

JetsFanatic

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, not sure why the Texans would be taking on an aging vet. If anything they are likely trying to move Cooks. 

I wish we had a "no posts from unverified twitter accounts" rule. 

Even though verified twitter also doesnt mean too much either. 

• Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

I hope they don't trade Crowder.  Need all the weapons we can get, especially with what this defense is going to look like.

WR got deep all of a sudden this offseason. We have other larger needs. Trading a vet with one year left to help balance out the team with a younger longer term contributor at a position of need is a good move.

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Gotta disagree with this one, Don.  Expensive, yes.... but affordable and necessary.  The Jets have one of the better OT situations in the NFL with Becton, Moses and Fant.  If just one of them is injured at all the other two are immediately indispensable.

I'll bet $250 to a charity that Becton misses at least one game this season.

Moses was signed for what? 2M with incentives to make it 5M and he takes over for Fant at RT. Hey it’s not my money so whateva but that’s a lot of gizzap that could be allocated elsewhere. Fant ain’t ain’t exactly a pro bowler. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

I hope they don't trade Crowder.  Need all the weapons we can get, especially with what this defense is going to look like.

I'm a Crowder fan.  Been the most consistently good WR on a bad Jets team for 3 years.  He's a consummate professional and has endured a lot here.  Really a QB's best friend in the slot.

With all that said, he's on the last year of his deal and for the first time in a while the Jets have some depth at WR and have had to make some tough choices.  BOTH Moore and Berrios can play the slot.  BOTH Berrios and V. Smith deserve to be on the team.  Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, Mims... all pretty good.  I'd trade Crowder, try to get J. Smith (along with Cager) to the PS and bring back V. Smith if/when healthy.

• Upvote 2

We have 7 WRs. Crowder is not part of the future. A trade makes sense especially since Vyncent Smith made it to the practice squad. There’s not much of a difference from a talent perspective between Jeff Smith, Vyncent Smith, Jamison Crowder, and Keelan Cole. Keep 6 on the 53 and a couple of guys on the practice squad.

We need a starting caliber TE though. Two steps.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Moses was signed for what? 2M with incentives to make it 5M and he takes over for Fant at RT. Hey it’s not my money so whateva but that’s a lot of gizzap that could be allocated elsewhere. Fant ain’t ain’t exactly a pro bowler. 

I agree with that.  I don't like the money but I like the player and he's a great insurance policy.  Not sure if JD tried to renegotiate his salary but that would have been a good option IMO.  I don't know the structure but I doubt that if Fant is cut he'll be able to get the $$$ he's getting here... but he might.  And, there's no doubt he would be heavily sought by many NFL teams.

I think his cost is a bullet that JD is willing to take right now.  OL is really the only position I'm fine with seeing the Jets overspend on right now until they get more capable guys on rookie contracts like Becton and AVT.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm a Crowder fan.  Been the most consistently good WR on a bad Jets team for 3 years.  He's a consummate professional and has endured a lot here.  Really a QB's best friend in the slot.

With all that said, he's on the last year of his deal and for the first time in a while the Jets have some depth at WR and have had to make some tough choices.  BOTH Moore and Berrios can play the slot.  BOTH Berrios and V. Smith deserve to be on the team.  Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, Mims... all pretty good.  I'd trade Crowder, try to get J. Smith (along with Cager) to the PS and bring back V. Smith if/when healthy.

Jeff Smith is shifter and just as fast. And he runs the reverse much better. I’m down with J Smith. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

V Smith is already on the PS, and I think that  J Smith legitamately made the team as he offers a ton of additional versatility

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Jeff Smith is shifter and just as fast. And he runs the reverse much better. I’m down with J Smith. 

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

V Smith is already on the PS, and I think that  J Smith legitamately made the team as he offers a ton of additional versatility

I've just always been a Vyncint Smith fan and I think he'd contribute more on Special Teams.

But...you guys are selling me on Jeff Smith!

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree with that.  I don't like the money but I like the player and he's a great insurance policy.  Not sure if JD tried to renegotiate his salary but that would have been a good option IMO.  I don't know the structure but I doubt that if Fant is cut he'll be able to get the $$$ he's getting here... but he might.  And, there's no doubt he would be heavily sought by many NFL teams.

I think his cost is a bullet that JD is willing to take right now.  OL is really the only position I'm fine with seeing the Jets overspend on right now until they get more capable guys on rookie contracts like Becton and AVT.

I’d prefer to spend that cash on an upgrade at the Guard position. Van Rotten is a bum. Or slide McGovern over to G and trade for a Center. 

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Berrios is no Crowder. He’s a barely fringe guy.

I want Wilson throwing to the best possible WR group we can get. No fringe PS JAGs like Berrios.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

WR got deep all of a sudden this offseason. We have other larger needs. Trading a vet with one year left to help balance out the team with a younger longer term contributor at a position of need is a good move.

You mean like we did at CB? Righto 

5 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I’d prefer to spend that cash on an upgrade at the Guard position. Van Rotten is a bum. Or slide McGovern over to G and trade for a Center. 

I wanted to see a Center drafted this year.  Draft a young Center, find our next Mawae/Mangold.... and then move McGovern over to Guard.  Upgrades two spots with one draft pick.  I'd like to see this as the strategy next year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

I wanted to see a Center drafted this year.  Draft a young Center, find our next Mawae/Mangold.... and then move McGovern over to Guard.  Upgrades two spots with one draft pick.  I'd like to see this as the strategy next year.

At least one more 1st rounder on o-line this year, in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Berrios is no Crowder. He’s a barely fringe guy.

I want Wilson throwing to the best possible WR group we can get. No fringe PS JAGs like Berrios.

Berrios should be backing up Moore in the Slot.  I think Davis and Cole/Mims should be outside.  Guys like Jeff Smith, Berrios, V. Smith should be backups.

Agree 100% that Berrios is no Crowder.  But Crowder is here for the next 7 months and then he's gone.  If we can parlay him into a better player at a bigger position of need I'm all for it, especially if helps the O by getting a TE or OG.

• Upvote 1