Jamison Crowder not at Jets Practice

JetsFanatic

25 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Moses was signed for what? 2M with incentives to make it 5M and he takes over for Fant at RT. Hey it’s not my money so whateva but that’s a lot of gizzap that could be allocated elsewhere. Fant ain’t ain’t exactly a pro bowler. 

The Fant contract was always terrible. All that money for a guy who hasnt ever been a regular starter in the league.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Moses was signed for what? 2M with incentives to make it 5M and he takes over for Fant at RT. Hey it’s not my money so whateva but that’s a lot of gizzap that could be allocated elsewhere. Fant ain’t ain’t exactly a pro bowler. 

Gizzap? 

Is that the latest crypto like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Dogecoin? How many $ is a Gizzap worth? Lol ?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

At least one more 1st rounder on o-line this year, in my opinion. 

It can feel painfully slow but I like the idea of adding one premiere OLman each year via the Draft.  Becton in '20, AVT in '21, get a Center in '22....maybe using a 2nd round pick.  These guys all need to be re-signed at some point so staggering them a bit while filling the holes with veteran free agents isn't bad.

JD's first year or so was a painful but necessary FA binge.... Fant, McGovern, Lewis, GVR, etc.  And I'm not even counting Ryan Khalil.   I think that's the last time we see something like that from JD.

Getting a Center next year would be huge for this team and really let the Jets use FA the right way going forward on the OLine.  We started on the left with LT Becton and now we just keep moving one spot to the right each year with LG (AVT) and then a Center next IMHO.

My ideal first two days of the 2022 Draft start with a DE, TE, Center.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It can feel painfully slow but I like the idea of adding one premiere OLman each year via the Draft.  Becton in '20, AVT in '21, get a Center in '22....maybe using a 2nd round pick.  These guys all need to be re-signed at some point so staggering them a bit while filling the holes with veteran free agents isn't bad.

JD's first year or so was a painful but necessary FA binge.... Fant, McGovern, Lewis, GVR, etc.  And I'm not even counting Ryan Khalil.   I think that's the last time we see something like that from JD.

Getting a Center next year would be huge for this team and really let the Jets use FA the right way going forward on the OLine.  We started on the left with LT Becton and now we just keep moving one spot to the right each year with LG (AVT) and then a Center next IMHO.

My ideal first two days of the 2022 Draft start with a DE, TE, Center.

I'm very close to that myself, DE, C/G, CB

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Um, I'm not following you. Are you saying we were deep at CB and traded away that depth to make the team better at other spots? If so, when did that happen?

No I’m saying we didn’t get a vet at cb and are going with teenagers there. Would have been nice to get a guy like Latimore who is a seasoned vet and still young with great upside.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Gotta disagree with this one, Don.  Expensive, yes.... but affordable and necessary.  The Jets have one of the better OT situations in the NFL with Becton, Moses and Fant.  If just one of them is injured at all the other two are immediately indispensable.

I'll bet $250 to a charity that Becton misses at least one game this season.

Also I would not doubt seeing all three of them on the field in short yardage situations or in goal line situations

• Upvote 1