Jets roster moves 09/01 - Zuniga released

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love seeing JD not married to his pick, very refreshing.   

Didn’t say that, obviously it’s better if he hits, but I appreciate not being stubborn just because you drafted him.  

*Brown and Griffin back*

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Never liked that Zuniga pick. Always hurt in college, always hurt as a pro, zero explosion and can't get off blocks. Don't know what the Jets saw in him.

He has a cool name?

• Upvote 1

Zuniga needs a year on the PS.  The Jets have the Lawsons under contract next year.  Don't know about the others. 

This season will be about the G play.  There is no question having Feeney has the primary backup will cost the Jets at least 2 wins.   JD rolled his dice on Lewis and Clark, and I think he regrets it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, that was a bad move by JD not to have a better contingency-contingency-contingency plan when the first two guys get injured.

Not like he drafted a Guard....oh, wait.

• Upvote 3
55 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Damn Im gonna miss Zuniga - Not! - what a disappointment and waste of a pick. Joe D's picks were not good that draft but we can blame it on Gase so we will.

maybe just blame it on florida players.  first polite and now zuniga.

• Upvote 3

Well, that's obviously Joe Douglas' first major whiff drafting. Zuniga was a 3rd rounder. That's almost as bad as Jachai Polite. However, I'm not anywhere near as angry about the whiff? I mean sh*t happens, right? Mac pretty much did that with EVERY pick.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Way too early to say that. We've still got Mims, Perine, Hall (a starting corner), and Mann (I know, I know, lol). It's unfortunate about Davis and Clark's injuries.  Zuniga and Morgan are clear busts.

Hall is a starter for one of the worst CB units in the league. Becton is available for like half the games. Mims has a real Stephen Hill vibe to him. Good (and productive) WRs were on the board when we wasted a pick on Morgan. (I wanted Peoples Jones) Mann is less effective than the shakeweight guy. 

We really need to be grading on a curve to consider JDs 2020 anything other than a disaster. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Post of the Week 1
17 minutes ago, freestater said:

Hall is a starter for one of the worst CB units in the league. Becton is available for like half the games. Mims has a real Stephen Hill vibe to him. Good (and productive) WRs were on the board when we wasted a pick on Morgan. (I wanted Peoples Jones) Mann is less effective than the shakeweight guy. 

We really need to be grading on a curve to consider JDs 2020 anything other than a disaster. 

Mims I’m still holding out hope for.  I think his struggling in TC this year was due to learning a new playbook but who knows

But yeah outside of Becton that draft class is looking rough

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Zuniga needs a year on the PS.  The Jets have the Lawsons under contract next year.  Don't know about the others. 

This season will be about the G play.  There is no question having Feeney has the primary backup will cost the Jets at last 2 wins.   JD rolled his dice on Lewis and Clark, and I think he regrets it.  

Lewis and Clark.  heh.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys can we at least be a little excited about Zach Wilson, Vera Tucker, Elijah Moore, a couple of Carter’s and a bunch of late round safety turned linebackers that all made the team.  Jeez sometimes the self loathing is just too much and I’m as long suffering as suffering gets.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

If he clears waivers, then I have no problem with the Jets devoting 3 PS spots to edgerushers.

Zuniga has been a total disappointment so far, but stashing him on the practice squad for a year along with Rashed and Blair is fine by me.

He’s been frequently injured going back to his college days and when he has gotten on the field in the pros so far, he’s been lackluster to say the least.

But he’s exactly the kind of physical specimen that you stash on the PS for another year and see if he can remain healthy and potentially contribute as a 3rd down passrusher next season and beyond.

But he’s not deserving of a 53 man spot at this point whatsoever.

• Like 1