12 minutes ago, Action Zachtion said:

It only took a couple bad practices and the media started to circle lol 

Actually they didnt

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  

But you know if he was the worst or one of the worst QB's in preseason, he'd be getting labeled a bust already.  

Well, yeah. That'd put him a lot closer to "bust" than his current performance puts him to "star". It'd be like watching Hackenberg all over again, but way worse.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Actually they did…. Here’s one example, 

As well as sports radio

Cowherd, who's hated Zach from before the draft isnt the media is circling.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, jetsons said:

Who cares what any QBs ( especially rookie QBs ) have looked in the preseason.   They mostly see vanilla defense in the preseason, and it’s a whole another game once the regular season starts.  See Browning Nagle - look like the second coming of Joe Namath against vanilla defense in preseason, only to look like crap once they started to play for real.      Jet fans should be excited, but temper your expectations , because there is going to be some growing pains.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

i will say that some of the comments that simms made were a little surprising.  one was about wilson's size.  you look at his picture and you think he's a baby faced frail guy but he's actually quite big.  and didn't saleh or douglas hug him before they drafted him?  i think that was to gage his physical make up.  other comments focused on wilson's ability to make decisions and look at multiple options.  the bottom line is wilson looks good.  hope this carries over to the regular season.

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's probably one of the five most prominent voices in mainstream sports media.

He wasn't the only one.  I'm not going to waste time digging it up but there were lots of comments on here at the time and an article on the post that felt it had to defend him .... Most were not as strong as Cowturd but you could feel a strong change in the flavor of national reporters. ESPN talking heads who don't have time to watch, but saw the reports.... that type.  

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's probably one of the five most prominent voices in mainstream sports media.

I doubt that but even if true thats one person in the media.  And he didnt jump on Wilson after a spotty practice, hes been on him since before the draft.  

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

They jumped on Zach’s performance after the green n white scrimmage…. Cowherd is d-bag… 

20 minutes ago, LSJF said:

They jumped on Zach’s performance after the green n white scrimmage…. Cowherd is d-bag… 

No one circled the wagons that he would bust.  

And yes, Cowherd is a d-bag

• Upvote 1

Sure is better than sucking in pre-season.

He's going to get plenty of opportunities to show it. I would not be surprised if Wilson challenges Andrew Luck for most attempts by a rookie. One extra game, god-awful defense, and no inspiring run game.

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, LSJF said:

Actually they did…. Here’s one example, 

As well as sports radio

It’s awesome to see how hard they worked at this video. Not sure I agree that physically gifted trumps a guy that can see the field, process the game fast and make any throw on the field with a quick release and accuracy? But, I do applaud their efforts to do the best they could with it.  

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Who cares what any QBs ( especially rookie QBs ) have looked in the preseason.   They mostly see vanilla defense in the preseason, and it’s a whole another game once the regular season starts.  See Browning Nagle - look like the second coming of Joe Namath against vanilla defense in preseason, only to look like crap once they started to play for real.      Jet fans should be excited, but temper your expectations , because there is going to be some growing pains.  

No Way Reaction GIF by Tennis TV

On 8/31/2014 at 3:13 AM, Raideraholic said:

That's the thing it hasn't been one preseason game , Derek Carr been impressing all camp for the Raiders. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586960/raiders-coach-derek-carr-better-than-we-thought-he-would-

Yes that was his best showing in the preseason ( against the Seahawks) for the simple fact outside of one other series( did very well) he hasn't played with the first string oline. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

this is funny coming from you. no one overhypes players on there team more than you in preseason..  

Do you know Raiders we’re a top 10 offense in 2020 .  Outside of 4 players being new on the team on offense , everyone of these guys knows J Gruden offense. ( no learning curve) .    Now on defense there are 14 players on the team that weren’t’ there last year.  
My point you have a rookie QBs and so many new parts on offense, and new offensive scheme ,  that you aren’t going to be as fluid as a team that been together for years.  

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You didn’t learn from hyping Sam Darnold that he was better than D Carr , and the guy was the worst QBs in the league.  Hype up Zach Wilson too, and let’s see what he does.  Lmao

You have me mistaken for everyone else on this board. :) 

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Top button, buttoned with his watch on his right wrist?  Such a dbag. 

He’s a lefty. Lefty’s wear their watch on the right hand. 

I do not get the top button buttoned thing- looks weird. But I knew him and his brother when they were kids. Not really a dbag. Pretty respectful back then, maybe his head got bigger compensating for losing his spleen. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

He’s a lefty. Lefty’s wear their watch on the right hand. 

I do not get the top button buttoned thing- looks weird. But I knew him and his brother when they were kids. Not really a dbag. Pretty respectful back then, maybe his head got bigger compensating for losing his spleen. 

Buttons his top button = dbag.

Calling people a dbag for buttoning top button = mensch

• Haha 1
On 9/2/2021 at 12:52 AM, Jet Nut said:

Yes he is and social media was ALL OVER the potential of a ZW bust scenario after a few practices were portrayed as a QB struggling.