Douglas & Saleh get it.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This sounds great in theory but I worry that the fanbase and media won't be patient enough for all that. 

And regardless of how much development we see, the Jets need to triple their wins from a year ago. We can't be at the very top of the draft again, under any circumstances. 

Kayvon would be a nice consolation prize for being terrible, but yes I agree.

• Upvote 3

I’d feel a lot better about this if JD starts hitting on draft picks, and Im not talking about #1’s and 2’s either. With the talent level we have, he needs to go deeper than that.
If he’s going to build the type of team everyone is hoping for he’s got to be better than he was last year. This is all lip service if he doesn’t.
Trading good players like Leo and Jamal for picks is great… if you hit on the picks. In Leo’s case the picks never panned out, let’s see what happens with the class of ‘21 picks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’d feel a lot better about this if JD starts hitting on draft picks, and Im not talking about #1’s and 2’s either. With the talent level we have, he needs to go deeper than that.
If he’s going to build the type of team everyone is hoping for he’s got to be better than he was last year. This is all lip service if he doesn’t.
Trading good players like Leo and Jamal for picks is great… if you hit on the picks. In Leo’s case the picks never panned out, let’s see what happens with the class of ‘21 picks. 

He’s made good on the 1st and 2nd rounders he’s picked, and his other picks In ‘20 & ‘21, look to be pretty mediocre overall.  His FA signings seem to be hit and miss. And his OL input has been average. Was expecting some serious improvement there. It’s better but not earth shattering by any means.  Anyways, this team has a long long long way to go even before they get competitive. Probably another couple of drafts away, if we hit on strengthening those glaring needs, before we even sniff the playoffs.  The Bills and Dolphins have done a nice job moving forward and improving over the last 4 years. Hope we can do the same.  

56 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This sounds great in theory but I worry that the fanbase and media won't be patient enough for all that. 

And regardless of how much development we see, the Jets need to triple their wins from a year ago. We can't be at the very top of the draft again, under any circumstances. 

If you pay attention to this forum, the media's takes aren't taken too seriously. 

I think us fans will be a little patient if we see improvements, especially if we see a future with Zach, and if we see the right attitudes. Because this organization is a few years away, yes, a few, not one or two, from being post season competitive. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm going to judge the success of this season (and this regime) more on the individual player growth, rather than the box score.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I’m really glad others said it first because I didn’t want to be that guy. Fans deserve to be excited, Douglas is a wise GM & agreed he does get it.

but I’ve settled down and I’m ready to judge by these games.

Lots to see.

One immediate difference I’m seeing from Gase & Co is even the Jets back ups are scoring on offense. Mike is scheming people open & manufacturing targets and good opportunities. That Eagles game was good to see.

• Upvote 1

Well luckily decisions about Douglas and Saleh won't be left up to the fans or the media.  2021 is a blank slate with a 1st-year HC.  The team could go 0-17 and they're not firing either. 

Luckily I don't think this team will be worse than last year.  We'll see progress from last year, and then 2022 will be a really fun year to be a fan.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

MODS…please merge this thread with the former thread..

Jets hit pay dirt with McCagnon and Bowles.  

I don’t give a flying fukk  about touchy feely  stuff.  You are what your record says you are.   Douglas has a lot to prove.  Let’s not forget, in 2015 MAC was exec of the year.   

You had to go back half a decade to prove something? That's a super reach! I know you're not used to good management and coaching. I'll trust JD and his 2 rings over your JN posts ?

Agreed, Wilson is the key the quicker he gets it which it looks like he will fingers crossed, the quicker this goes, if it takes 3 years for the light to come on it may be tough.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Maybe some of the players he drafted will be better in year.....2.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

MODS…please merge this thread with the former thread..

Jets hit pay dirt with McCagnon and Bowles.  

I don’t give a flying fukk  about touchy feely  stuff.  You are what your record says you are.   Douglas has a lot to prove.  Let’s not forget, in 2015 MAC was exec of the year.   

Wasnt that thread started before a game was played?

Douglas has proven that he has a plan and its to build a consistent winner.  Hes moving the way pretty much everyone would say is the way you go about building a team.