The Panthers sure love acquiring the Jets' trash.

Jetsfan80

On 9/1/2021 at 7:20 PM, Anthony Jet said:

Wanna be a championship caliber team, take players cut  from the worst team in the league 

Part of what made the Jets the 2nd worst team in the league is that they couldn't recognize or develop talent.  So taking some of their players isn't all bad.

Most teams keep their good players and let the weak ones go.  The Jets?  How would they even know?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, addage said:

Part of what made the Jets the 2nd worst team in the league is that they couldn't recognize or develop talent.  So taking some of their players isn't all bad.

Most teams keep their good players and let the weak ones go.  The Jets?  How would they even know?

I’m not one to defend Jet incompetence but where are all the players who escaped to Jets to be materially better elsewhere? Woodhead and Leo? Two dudes in 15 years? 

I think our problem is even more basic. We draft like crap.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But I mean, they all DID suck.  It’s not all Gase’s fault for all things.  

Gase sucks at using TEs.  Absolutely. Yet Saleh saw Herndon all summer and felt he was expendable.  That’s telling.  

And if he goes and Sam goes and all join Robby by playing well in on anew team.. then I'll be right too...it was gase.

I mean I don't disagree with you completely they did in fact suck stats wise, I'm just saying the guys mentioned are talented and capable of paying better, they were held back like Robby, like Tanny etc . Herdon played well as a rook and Im really am looking to seeijgplay.

But guys like gore actually sucked and are not capable of playing well. He also is not on a team that's all I'm saying

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I’m not one to defend Jet incompetence but where are all the players who escaped to Jets to be materially better elsewhere? Woodhead and Leo? Two dudes in 15 years? 

I think our problem is even more basic. We draft like crap.

I think that is point many are making but that doesn't mean jt Sam darnold, herdon, guys like Robby etc were horrible mismanaged here and it was almost criminal .

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think that is point many are making but that doesn't mean jt Sam darnold, herdon, guys like Robby etc were horrible mismanaged here and it was almost criminal .

Yeah it’s pretty comical thread considering the Jets “trash” the panthers got last year was Robby and he destroyed it for them

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Yeah it’s pretty comical thread considering the Jets “trash” the panthers got last year was Robby and he destroyed it for them

I just don’t understand why some can’t simply move on.  We have a new QB now we should be focused on that.  No matter the opinion of Sam I think most will agree he handled himself professionally here despite being given no help by the organization.  Whatever he does in Carolina is now on him but it’s not our concern.  We should just be focused on Wilson development and our young team’s  development 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I just don’t understand why some can’t simply move on.  We have a new QB now we should be focused on that.  No matter the opinion of Sam I think most will agree he handled himself professionally here despite being given no help by the organization.  Whatever he does in Carolina is now on him but it’s not our concern.  We should just be focused on Wilson development and our young team’s  development 

If the Darnold-led Panthers bottom out, we could be picking as high as # 33 overall in the 2nd thanks to them (plus whatever high slot we’d get in the 4th round).

It is very much our concern what Darnold and the Panthers do in 2021.  Beyond that, sure, its no longer really our concern.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the Darnold-led Panthers bottom out, we could be picking as high as # 33 overall in the 2nd thanks to them (plus whatever high slot we’d get in the 4th round).

It is very much our concern what Darnold and the Panthers do in 2021.  Beyond that, sure, its no longer really our concern.  

Sure if the Panthers  bottom out then our pick will be higher which would obviously wouldn’t make me unhappy.  However I just dont have any venom toward Sam.  Like I said it’s up to him now to prove himself.  However one thing I think we can agree on is that the Jets did him no favors while here.  Anyway I still think it’s time to focus on Wilson now 

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:23 PM, Jets723 said:

Zach & Sam will both have a good season

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That’s Very True.  Now it’s up to Sam.  If he fails then it’s completely on him 

Yep.   There are zero excuses for him now.

If he still can't cut it on a team with so many weapons around and a Coaching staff that knows how to Coach, then his days as a Starting QB are done and he'll end up being a career backup on the next team he winds up on.

This is a big season for Sam to prove he still belongs....

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Define what a “good season” for Darnold looks like, please. 

4 hours ago, Albaniajet said:

The kind of season he would have had with an actual head coach, offensive line and professional WRs 

Nice try JF80 but we both know you can never pin a Darnoid down with specifics on what success looks like. They insist on more escape clauses than an astronaut life insurance policy.

• Haha 1

Interesting note:

The Panthers are 4-3 all-time against the Jets, winning three of four home games. Carolina's first victory in franchise history came against the Jets in its first season in 1995 when home games were played in Clemson, S.C

it's like if yall can't beat us, join us until we just as sorry as you to be beaten...

Sam was the final piece huh, 

for that I will never be able to forgive you Jets, and to think I used to go for ya'll against the Pats.

Smdh

On 9/8/2021 at 5:06 PM, Vin said:

Yep.   There are zero excuses for him now.

If he still can't cut it on a team with so many weapons around and a Coaching staff that knows how to Coach, then his days as a Starting QB are done and he'll end up being a career backup on the next team he winds up on.

This is a big season for Sam to prove he still belongs....

No doubt about that

22 hours ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Sam was the final piece huh, 

for that I will never be able to forgive you Jets, and to think I used to go for ya'll against the Pats.

Smdh

Hey, don't blame us!  Thank Rhule and your front office for getting duped!

You guys never should have allowed Brandon Beane (current Bills GM) get away from your organization.  No matter what the QB situation would have ended up being in Carolina, no way he'd have traded for Darnold under his watch. 

(Beane went to my alma mater, UNCW, so I've followed his career pretty closely)

On 9/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Hey, don't blame us!  Thank Rhule and your front office for getting duped!

You guys never should have allowed Brandon Beane (current Bills GM) get away from your organization.  No matter what the QB situation would have ended up being in Carolina, no way he'd have traded for Darnold under his watch. 

(Beane went to my alma mater, UNCW, so I've followed his career pretty closely)

Correct, love what him and McDermott are doing up there in buffalo. Wish we kept McDermott as HC and fired Rivera after that 2015 season...

• Upvote 1