Reuben Foster working out for Jets today

Rhg1084

character wise i get being trepidatious.  He's had a litany of issues off the field which is not the type of player JD has historically brought in.  However, if he's healthy and can get his head on straight he is a good player and at worst a very good special teams player, many may not remember but he always crushed kick off for alabama, and would be a nice depth piece at worst if he was healthy and sane.  However, i would not criticize anyone for saying they dont want to touch him with his history of issues. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If he is healthy and has his head on straight he would be a great signing, but this could just as easily be Saleh doing a former player of his a favor. 

Saleh knows how well Foster played in his system in SF; if he can get back to 75-80% of that, our LB corps…and pass rushing…will take a big step up…

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

What are we doing here?

Don’t tell me about rebuilding from the ground up and preach culture when you’re bringing in Reuben Foster.

Woody Johnson has preached culture since he got here. We have always avoided any player with a troubled past. Meanwhile the Chiefs go after guys like Tyreek Hill and the Browns get Kareem Hunt for pennies on the dollar.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What are we doing here?

Don’t tell me about rebuilding from the ground up and preach “culture” when you’re bringing in Reuben Foster.

Just what Saleh Said... an emergency list... His D relies heavily on pass rush... Foster is an emergency LB maybe on the PS..

4 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Nice, real culture builder right there!

They found out, after some in depth research, that it was actually a charge of VD, not DV, that was brought and later dropped. No worries! Just add condoms to the free mask baskets when entering One Jets Drive ...

• Haha 2

Coach Saleh on Wednesday…. “the fans need to be patient, we’re going to do this the right way, it’s going to take time.” Jets fans happily nod in agreement.

Coach Saleh on Thursday….  “We’re taking a look at Reuben Foster as an addition to our until now top secret hush hush emergency list.” Jets fans happily nod in agreement.

• WTF? 1

Take a look around at the world we live in. Look at the people in it. Reuben Foster's rap sheet doesn't bother me. I put up with with way, way worse crap that I can't worry about if I want to keep my sanity. Every day we all have to look the other way. That's life. If he can pass a physical, then let him do the one thing he's good at. Every roster in the NFL has bad apples. And that's just the one's who got caught. Let's not be naïve. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I don’t condone any of this stuff, but what do we expect from a group of men who are paid to play such a violent sport? It makes sense that some of these guys can’t turn it off. That’s not ok, but it’s a reality. If the nfl wanted to put an end to it they would Domingo German anyone that sniffed an allegations like that. They don’t though. If they did most teams wouldnt field a 53 every week. It’s sad though. 

that being said,  devastating injuries and him working to come back may have humbled him some. He’s also 4 years older and hopefully more mature. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Coquito said:

Take a look around at the world we live in. Look at the people in it. Reuben Foster's rap sheet doesn't bother me. I put up with with way, way worse crap that I can't worry about if I want to keep my sanity. Every day we all have to look the other way. That's life. If he can pass a physical, then let him do the one thing he's good at. Every roster in the NFL has bad apples. And that's just the one's who got caught. Let's not be naïve. 

Especially when DA’s in NYC, LA, DC, Portland and Seattle let rioters destroy property, assault innocents on the street, walk out of stores with $999 of merchandise and are allowed to walk free. 
Reuben Foster is not the person to “Virtue Signal” with. Save it for when it’s really needed. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 3

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

Meh

I used to hire guys, through a program with the State of Florida, who had just gotten out of prison, and were living in half-way houses.  

Some of them were good employes, and some of them went right back to prison.  

Don't see what a guys history  has to do with playing football.

You’re a good man 

On 9/2/2021 at 9:51 AM, flgreen said:

Agree.

IMO this is more then Saleh just helping a former player of his out.  Foster is actually a very good NFL player at a position of need.  Very fast football speed, violent hitter, non  stop motor.  Fits Saleh's system perfect.

The downside.

Off an ACL.  Hard to say how it's affected his speed.

A litany of personal problems.   Two domestic violence charges.  Very odd circumstances.  Not sure if he is guilty or not.  IMO that interprets into giving him the benefit of the doubt.

A weapons charge, and a pot bust.  Yeah, guys got  history.  Because of his good play on the field I'm going to leave the character judgements to Saleh.  He knows him.

If the knee is healed this is a guy who can help very quickly.  

I don't care about the pot or weapons charge.  

The domestic violence I do care deeply about.  I'm not sure about the circumstances, but if the charges stuck I don't want him on the team.  

If the charges were dropped then I would consider a second chance with the understanding he would be cut if anything close happens again.