Jets Will Boast Historic Youth Movement, Ready for Roller Coaster Ride

32EBoozer

It will be fun this year no matter what, barring more major injuries.  At least this time, for once, the mistakes and pains will be growing pains.  Not the same dipsh*ts making the same stupid errors the same way they have their entire careers.  Plus, it'll be nice to actually have some high scoring games for once.  I've seen enough 0-3 halftime scores of Jet games to last a lifetime.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Becton faired quite well last year at LT, Moses will solidify the RT position. AVT will be the best OL in this past draft, and it won't matter if Zach isn't good. This team will be playing 8 rookies in prominent roles this year, they are going to look lost, take their lumps but if Zach is legit...who cares. The future of this franchise is banking on Zach being legit. 

yea, but how long is it going to take to build up the rest of the talent level?

32 minutes ago, peebag said:

yea, but how long is it going to take to build up the rest of the talent level?

Offensively speaking, what will help that unit the most is continuity. Sure they could use another OL/TE but if the OL is healthy and stable they don't need much unless someone is a difference maker like Davis/Moore. The Defense is different, still need an edge rusher, LBs and possibly CBs. What scares me is that with the loss of Lawson, QBs will have all day to throw, and with a young secondary that could be problematic.

So to answer your question, by next year they should compete for the division title. Not saying they will win it, but if Zach is legit...it shouldn't take that long.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Claymation said:

Becton faired quite well last year at LT, Moses will solidify the RT position. AVT will be the best OL in this past draft, and it won't matter if Zach isn't good. This team will be playing 8 rookies in prominent roles this year, they are going to look lost, take their lumps but if Zach is legit...who cares. The future of this franchise is banking on Zach being legit. 

This aint baseball where Sandy Koufax is throwing 1 hitters and winning 3 games in the WS.  Mahomes was dissected last year by the Bucs D.  You're going to need a balanced team to compete. Zach cant do it alone.

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

This aint baseball where Sandy Koufax is throwing 1 hitters and winning 3 games in the WS.  Mahomes was dissected last year by the Bucs D.  You're going to need a balanced team to compete. Zach cant do it alone.

I'm not saying he will have to do it alone, I'm saying is that this year if Zach is legit everything else is window dressing. If Davis, Moore, the OL and the RB by committee are all great and Zach struggles, this franchise is in big trouble. This franchise moving forward hinges on Zach. They have invested in assets to surround him with talent, and a QB friendly Offense. They have put him in the best situation to succeed, and if he is legit and some of the players don't live up to their potential, they can find new players to fill their shoes. To find a QB if Zach struggles will prove to be much more difficult.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the oline is not legit it doesn't matter at all.

The very best Qb in the game looked awful in the biggest game of the year last year because he had a crap oline.

We have a lot of promising players but by far the two most important are becton and AVT. (After Wilson of course)

He looked amazing despite the pressure.  The throws he was making under intense pressure was unreal.  He's TE and WR didn't make a play.  They were dropping balls and being intimidated by the D.  Mahomes was still great.  

Take a look at the reaction to Mahomes by the Tampa D.  They were in awe of the balls he was getting into his WR from ridiculous angles and under intense pressure.   He looked far from awful.  He looked like the best player on a badly outmatched team. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

He looked amazing despite the pressure.  The throws he was making under intense pressure was unreal.  He's TE and WR didn't make a play.  They were dropping balls and being intimidated by the D.  Mahomes was still great.  

Take a look at the reaction to Mahomes by the Tampa D.  They were in awe of the balls he was getting into his WR from ridiculous angles and under intense pressure.   He looked far from awful.  He looked like the best player on a badly outmatched team. 

26 for 49 for 270 yards and 2 ints and a total of 9 points is awful for patrick mahommes with the weapons available.

• Upvote 1

even guys like revis had to start somewhere.  this is where the coaching is going make a huge difference.  young teams need coaches that can continue to teach while adjusting the team to take advantage of each player's talents.  and this is a good thing.  remember the no name defense of the doltfins?  they didn't do so badly and they didn't exactly have a juggernaut of an offense either.  hopefully saleh and his staff can get this part done.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

You know what, good. This is best for team. 

But we all know there will be much gnashing of teeth and vitriol when the losses pile up.

Not if the jets are scoring.  Plus i think the games can be closer than we think if the offense can keep time of possession equal or in the jets favor.  With darnold the jets led the league in 3 and outs and that puts way too much pressure on any defense.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Not if the jets are scoring.  Plus i think the games can be closer than we think if the offense can keep time of possession equal or in the jets favor.  With darnold the jets led the league in 3 and outs and that puts way too much pressure on any defense.  

This is my great hope. I’d rather lose games 40-35 than 30-6.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is my great hope. I’d rather lose games 40-35 than 30-6.

The way this draft unfolded really showed that this coaching staff and front office understands that you simply won’t win if you can’t score.  Plus, and i keep writing this, but i think this young defense will really benefit from having an offense that can generate first downs and flip the field rather than the darnold era, getting the ball on their own 23, going 3 and out and giving it back to the other team when they start on their own 37, and it went on and on.  The jets have a bunch of wrs and rbs who can all run in space and i expect them to use wilson on roll outs with a bunch of quick throws to move the chains.  Wouldn’t it be nice to watch jet games where it’s not over when the other team gets to 14.

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2021 at 3:04 AM, Maynard13 said:

Bit of an anomaly performance for Mahomes, no?  Basically his entire OL was injured.

A lot of teams have excellent QBs, so yes, you need to build a team around the QB, too, which I believe Douglas appears to be doing at least fairly well so far.  But you have to have that QB first so this year is all about hoping and praying Wilson looks like he can be “the guy”.  If he’s not, we’re f**led until we find a QB, as usual.  

• Upvote 1