Jump to content

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That’s weak dude.  Add in Jevon Kearse too?

Take a good look at the list below.  I see a whole lot of overdrafted “meh.”

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/florida/90498

The two teams with the most Gators?  Fittingly, the Jaguars and Jets….

I was joking. Agree with you on Gators. For whatever reason they don’t translate well. The Pounceys did but they’re both nuts.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now signing a guy to the practice squad is wrong? this was a 3rd round pick last year.  

Posted Images

On 9/3/2021 at 5:29 PM, Offense Wins Championships said:

Jabari Zuniga only played 9% of our Defensive snaps as a Rookie last year.

Just not enough film on him for me to properly evaluate. 

Maybe he just stinks or maybe he just needs an opportunity?

I guess only time will tell. 

He stinks

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2021 at 8:27 PM, Snook said:

How would you know that? He might’ve had other offers and just decided to stay where he’s at.

If someone had wanted him on their active roster, they would have just claimed him on waivers.

He might have had other offers for PS spots - but the original post was referring to no-one thinking he was worth a spot on an active roster, which appears to be correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

If someone had wanted him on their active roster, they would have just claimed him on waivers.

He might have had other offers for PS spots - but the original post was referring to no-one thinking he was worth a spot on an active roster, which appears to be correct.

My bad then, I read it differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 9:46 PM, southparkcpa said:

A 3rd round pick belongs on the team….  This concerns me.  JD’s drafts have been far from terrific.  

BS. This is the FIRST draft pick that anyone can conclusively day is NOT worth a 3rd round draft choice. The rest of his picks are still very much up in the air. Becton, Mims, and Davis all could end up being good players and I think that's already true of Becton. Zach, AVT, and Moore will likely be good players for us for a long time to come.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

BS. This is the FIRST draft pick that anyone can conclusively day is NOT worth a 3rd round draft choice. The rest of his picks are still very much up in the air. Becton, Mims, and Davis all could end up being good players and I think that's already true of Becton. Zach, AVT, and Moore will likely be good players for us for a long time to come.

There seems to be a view among some posters that the current GM has to over perform to undo the deficiencies of the previous GM. And with the Jets, that's a LOT to overcome.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamesr said:

There seems to be a view among some posters that the current GM has to over perform to undo the deficiencies of the previous GM. And with the Jets, that's a LOT to overcome.

Agreed. The fans, including all the yahoos on this site, need to understand what a good draft looks like. A NORMAL draft of a GM that has built a team that goes to the playoffs quite often is one that yields consistently maybe 2 decent starters and one good role player. JD has done at least that in his first two drafts. If everyone thought JD was going to shoot aces all the time? I don't know what those people have been smoking....

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Agreed. The fans, including all the yahoos on this site, need to understand what a good draft looks like. A NORMAL draft of a GM that has built a team that goes to the playoffs quite often is one that yields consistently maybe 2 decent starters and one good role player. JD has done at least that in his first two drafts. If everyone thought JD was going to shoot aces all the time? I don't know what those people have been smoking....

A playoff team has less roster spots.  A playoff team drafts later in each round.  

The Jets aren't a normal team that goes to the playoffs quite often.  The Jets are consistently a bottom drafting team that stinks and has lots of roster spots available for drafted players who were drafted early in each round.

Not saying Douglas needs to be judged yet.  It's way to early.  Zuniga looks a lot like Jackie Polite 2.0 but since Joe drafted him he has a spot.  Polite at least got picked up by Seattle who is actually a perinial contender before working his way out of the league. 

In theory 2 decent starters would be nice along with guys who have the potential to start with some development while they kill it on special teams.   So far since Douglas is here he has unloaded at least 3 decent starters for other NFL teams who are all better than the NY Jets.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

A playoff team has less roster spots.  A playoff team drafts later in each round.  

The Jets aren't a normal team that goes to the playoffs quite often.  The Jets are consistently a bottom drafting team that stinks and has lots of roster spots available for drafted players who were drafted early in each round.

Not saying Douglas needs to be judged yet.  It's way to early.  Zuniga looks a lot like Jackie Polite 2.0 but since Joe drafted him he has a spot.  Polite at least got picked up by Seattle who is actually a perinial contender before working his way out of the league. 

In theory 2 decent starters would be nice along with guys who have the potential to start with some development while they kill it on special teams.   So far since Douglas is here he has unloaded at least 3 decent starters for other NFL teams who are all better than the NY Jets.  

Agreed… JD is light years ahead of MAC and Idzik and I like his management style as a GM.  But we have cheerleaders here that act like his drafts are above average.  I see no evidence of that yet.  He has done OK, but is he a top 10 drafting GM????  I don’t see it yet.  But it may be possible in a year or two.  

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Agreed… JD is light years ahead of MAC and Idzik and I like his management style as a GM.  But we have cheerleaders here that act like his drafts are above average.  I see no evidence of that yet.  He has done OK, but is he a top 10 drafting GM????  I don’t see it yet.  But it may be possible in a year or two.  

I like what Joe Douglas is trying to do.  He tore the place down to the foundation and is now trying to build it back up.  We will see if he gets it right.  So far it's an incomplete.  I also don't hold it against him that Adam Gase choose him as our GM.  I find it interesting that Gase is the worst HC ever but he also got rid of Mac, hired Douglas and expossed Sam as a fraud.  He might turn out to be the most important Jets hire since Parcells.

Love the picks in this years draft.  If Becton can stay healthy and develops and both Mims and Davis don't turn out to be the reincarnation of Glass Jaw McGraw, Zach turns into an elite NFL QB and both Tucker and Moore turn into above average starters got to give him huge props.  If anyone else becomes a decent NFL starter, now were cooking. 

TBD...

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked completely lost on the field last season and was pancaked regularly.

Hardly saw the field in pre-season.

Was a top 100 pick at a premium position just 1 year ago and 31 other teams just let him pass through waivers.

If he becomes a contributor in any way, shape or form it would be shocking.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Looked completely lost on the field last season and was pancaked regularly.

Hardly saw the field in pre-season.

Was a top 100 pick at a premium position just 1 year ago and 31 other teams just let him pass through waivers.

If he becomes a contributor in any way, shape or form it would be shocking.

 

All true, and also why putting him on our PS is a painless way to finally get an answer on this guy. He's off scholarship now, make him earn his keep. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 3:25 PM, JTJet said:

I cannot ******* believe a Jabari Zuniga on the practice squad thread made it to 4 pages.

Might be my longest thread as a topic starter, and all I had to do was post someone else's tweet.

Jets fans be crazy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 7:42 AM, NYJ1 said:

BS. This is the FIRST draft pick that anyone can conclusively day is NOT worth a 3rd round draft choice. The rest of his picks are still very much up in the air. Becton, Mims, and Davis all could end up being good players and I think that's already true of Becton. Zach, AVT, and Moore will likely be good players for us for a long time to come.

Ashtyn Davis and Zuniga both busts

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Ashtyn Davis and Zuniga both busts

They may very well end up being, but a lot of folks said the same about Q.Williams after year 1.

There's no harm in giving guys a 2nd year...especially 1 on the PS. That's what it is for. Especially when you can carry 16.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 8:00 AM, jamesr said:

There seems to be a view among some posters that the current GM has to over perform to undo the deficiencies of the previous GM. And with the Jets, that's a LOT to overcome.

Yup.  We're talking about a franchise that hadn't had even a decent draft since 2013.  You could even argue 2007 and I wouldn't debate you much on that.  It takes time to overcome all that, and going on a spending spree to acquire a bunch of veterans, like Maccagnan did in 2015 and then again in 2019 with the Mosley and Bell signings, is never a good solution to the problem.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...