Pre weekend college games....

Beerfish

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well, didn't take Ohio State long to score.  What kind of run defense was that Minnesota?

I'm on the ECU/App State game --why? Cause a 50 man College fantasy league.... smh, why did i do this to myself?? I'm glued to ESPN13

Btw this Camerun Peoples guy (RB for AppSt) is quite load at 6'2 220... glad i drafted him! 

• Upvote 1

Minnesota offense is sadly reminiscent of the Jets offense for much of the past decade. 

I like Ibrahim, but he is not a big play guy.  They need three good plays in succession just to get a first down.  Get behind the chains and its over.  Going to be awfully tough for them to put points if they can't get some big plays.

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I feel bad for him in this offense though, not a lot of targets for TEs in this system.  

Pro scouts will take notice.  Now, certain unnamed posters who tend to scout box scores may not like him.  And there he gets a target and picks up a nice gain..

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm on the ECU/App State game --why? Cause a 50 man College fantasy league.... smh, why did i do this to myself?? I'm glued to ESPN13

Btw this Camerun Peoples guy (RB for AppSt) is quite load at 6'2 220... glad i drafted him! 

I’m watching too, but because I’m a degenerate and someone told me ecu was a good bet

app st looks really good 

10 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I’m watching too, but because I’m a degenerate and someone told me ecu was a good bet

app st looks really good 

lol! Wasn't App state favored? 

I hammered the future/season win props on TCU (7.5), NC St (6.5) and Indiana (7.5)... put a G note down on those 3.... Threw a few hundred on the under on PSU (8.5)... Too bad the lines were terrible on Ole and Miss and NWU, cause i would hit them too.

Not late on those boys, that's a steal on the first 3 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Nvm thought you were talking about stroud 

But you got me to flip on the App State game to see their QB.  Looks like I will need to wait until the 2nd half.  Just in time to see Hail Mary TD for ECU before half -- under review and reversed.  No TD.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

But you got me to flip on the App State game to see their QB.  Looks like I will need to wait until the 2nd half.  Just in time to see Hail Mary TD for ECU before half -- under review and reversed.  No TD.

check him out a bit.... he's a natural but is it just me or is that a noodle arm. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Stroud is a little amped up tonight.  OSU looks like they are missing their slow processing one read QB they had last year.  

This game turned in a hurry.  Thought I might only have to watch the first half.  Still think OSU wins easily in the end, but much more interesting game than I expected.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Do DB coaches actually teach players to grab?  I mean the DB are right there nice coverage ready to make a and these dudes just have to grab jersey.

They might.  Especially in college where PI is not a spot foul.  If you get beat, grab the jersey and give up 15 instead of a big play.  Does not work so well in the end zone though.

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

They might.  Especially in college where PI is not a spot foul.  If you get beat, grab the jersey and give up 15 instead of a big play.  Does not work so well in the end zone though.

I still wonder if this isn't better for the game