Pre weekend college games....

Beerfish

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

What he said^^.  At least show up on Saturdays for the college ball threads.  Kind of how I show up at the other site to talk Isles.

OT But did you see the Isles re-signed zeeker, sorokin, bo, and palmieri to extensions. LGI!!!!

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s still possible depending on a number of things (see: Klay Thompson).  Rewatching the video on Twitter, I’m still gonna go achilles.

You could be right.  I know nothing of sports medicine.  Just assumed it was a good sign when he hobbled to the sideline.

Just now, RobR said:

OT But did you see the Isles re-signed zeeker, sorokin, bo, and palmieri to extensions. LGI!!!!

Yup.  Also heard that Zach Parise signed, but hasn't been formally announced yet. 

Still haven't quite gotten over that game 7 loss yet.

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

You could be right.  I know nothing of sports medicine.  Just assumed it was a good sign when he hobbled to the sideline.

I didn’t want to post the injury, but sec101 did above.  Compare that to other ruptures and…yeah…not looking great.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Same here.

Losing game 7, by 1 goal on a goal that should not have counted.  We would have had a great chance to win the Cup against the Canadiens.  Cannot think of a much more brutal loss. 

They can replay a missed offside call by an inch that occurred 90 seconds before a goal is scored, but a blatantly missed too many men on the ice penalty, where the extra guy scores the goal is not reviewed.  Makes no sense.  Nope, I am not close to being over that one.

But, I digress.  Go Gophers!!!

Just now, Lith said:

Losing game 7, by 1 goal on a goal that should not have counted.  We would have had a great chance to win the Cup against the Canadiens.  Cannot think of a much more brutal loss. 

They can replay a missed offside call by an inch that occurred 90 seconds before a goal is scored, but a blatantly missed too many men on the ice penalty, where the extra guy scores the goal is not reviewed.  Makes no sense.  Nope, I am not close to being over that one.

You're not helping.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

They'll call it targeting but it's a clean hit. Football is not the same sport it once was.

I disagree with this.  The one replay they showed looked very obvious hit to head to me.  Other calls in this game have been weak that was helmet to helmet in my mind.

Just now, Beerfish said:

I disagree with this.  The one replay they showed looked very obvious hit to head to me.  Other calls in this game have been weak that was helmet to helmet in my mind.

If they have to replay it in slow motion from ten angles, in frame by frame slow motion too declare it targeting then it's not targeting.

• Upvote 1