Jump to content

Jets Pats Opener


Tezza
 Share

Recommended Posts

How rowdy does it get at MetLife when the pats play ...albeit this will be the Bradyless Patriots. I am looking at maybe getting tickets to the game and going with the family, I know 224B is the family section where alcohol is not permitted. 

 

What percentage of pats fans turn up for the game and are there any other sections which are more mellow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets beat the Panthers, the 2021 home opener will feature the most passionate and excited crowd since December 2015.  It’s going to be insane.  

SAR I

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

Just avoid the 300's and you'll be fine.  Its civilized in the 200's.  We don't get into fights.

As for Pats fans, please, now that they're over you won't see them anymore.

SAR I

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

definitely avoid the 300 section as that’s where most of the barstool riffraff brawl (both teams’ fans) and the field view is too far. 200s probably are the best value in terms of noticeably closer view of field, mellower crowd, and not as expensive as the 100s for opening day vs. NE. It may be as loud as December 2015, but will it surpass opening day 2009?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

You have it all wrong.

Youre just as likely to see a Jets fan punching another Jets fan, as you would an opposing fan. 

In general, Metlife is fine. The only stadiums I ever worried about we’re Oakland back in the day and Buffalo. Both of those fan bases are absolutely insane.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the OP and his family might not be up to the stress of potential mayhem at a NFL game. Even if the Pats fans behave, who knows the trauma a hard hit on the field could cause the children? Or the Op and his significant other.

I think a better plan might be to stay home and watch the Disney channel instead. Good clean fun for the entire family, and everyone will be in a safe, climate controlled environment.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tezza said:

I guess what I mean is I don't mind fans being passionate but how often do fights happen with pats fans in the stands and do tons of pats fans come for the game or just a small minority on comparison to a Giants/jets game etc. 

There aren't many fights in the stadium anymore.

  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tezza said:

How rowdy does it get at MetLife when the pats play ...albeit this will be the Bradyless Patriots. I am looking at maybe getting tickets to the game and going with the family, I know 224B is the family section where alcohol is not permitted. 

 

What percentage of pats fans turn up for the game and are there any other sections which are more mellow. 

I've been there with kids multiple times. It's a nonissue - mostly. There's no guarantee you won't have some drunken ass in your section, but 99% of fans (including fans of the opposing team) are not that

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Just avoid the 300's and you'll be fine.  Its civilized in the 200's.  We don't get into fights.

As for Pats fans, please, now that they're over you won't see them anymore.

SAR I

I am a former season ticket holder of the 300s in the old meadowlands.

Remember the burning pumpkin?

MNF against the Bills?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m in the 300s. Haven’t seen a  physical fight in years by me. A few yelling back and forth but that’s it.

Metlife should be pretty loud for that game and there’s always a contingent of annoying pats fans but shouldn’t be overwhelming.

Bottom line, go ahead and come out and root for the Jets. Ya should be just fine 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tezza said:

How rowdy does it get at MetLife when the pats play ...albeit this will be the Bradyless Patriots. I am looking at maybe getting tickets to the game and going with the family, I know 224B is the family section where alcohol is not permitted. 

 

What percentage of pats fans turn up for the game and are there any other sections which are more mellow. 

You will be fine. Sept is a great time to go to a game as the weather is still warm and hopefully no rain. 

There will be PATS fans but as others said, most are fine.

Enjoy a day with your family and hopefully a Jet win. Do get there early if you are driving, the parking lots will get a bit crazy being the home opener and nice weather.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

I find very few fights in the club sections. 

Are the 200s the club sections 

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the OP and his family might not be up to the stress of potential mayhem at a NFL game. Even if the Pats fans behave, who knows the trauma a hard hit on the field could cause the children? Or the Op and his significant other.

I think a better plan might be to stay home and watch the Disney channel instead. Good clean fun for the entire family, and everyone will be in a safe, climate controlled environment.

 

Meh distasteful post ..as someone who has been to multiple NFL games both in US and internationally I'm used to it all, it's just a bit different when you are taking your kid to the game. 

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Do you or do you not own a BMW?

Vroom vroom! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haven’t seen a pats fan since brady left. Seeing a lot more bucs fans lately though. Probably a correlation.

Regardless of rowdiness of fans (home and away) - I’d say the answer depends on how old your kids are. Me personally - I’m not taking the kids to a game till they’re both old enough to be semi-independent. To me, that’s when the little one turns 5ish. I’ve gone to too many games in the past, and between basic logistics of commuting, getting to seats, bathrooms, concessions, and back out after the game - it’s no walk in the park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I am a former season ticket holder of the 300s in the old meadowlands.

Remember the burning pumpkin?

MNF against the Bills?

Of course.  Legendary.  And the blow up sex doll too.

And then there was the Patriots fan killed by a flying lawnmower at Shea Stadium.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, batman10023 said:

please be inclusive.  It should be do you "own or lease" a bmw.

that way SAR can be part of the club as well

It's financially unwise (invest the money) and mechanically unwise (out of warranty repairs) to own a BMW.  Leasing is the prudent way to go.   Besides, I'm in a brand new car every 36 months.  I like that.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Are the 200s the club sections 

Meh distasteful post ..as someone who has been to multiple NFL games both in US and internationally I'm used to it all, it's just a bit different when you are taking your kid to the game. 

Vroom vroom! 

yes some of the 200s are club seats.  it's nice and very family friendly.  I take my 10 year old for the last few years no problem.  We have row 1 seats which i recommend because nobody can block his view.

during commercial breaks we scan the sections right outside the club seats and look for middle age men wearing dockers to football games.   then we laugh at them.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's financially unwise (invest the money) and mechanically unwise (out of warranty repairs) to own a BMW.  Leasing is the prudent way to go.   Besides, I'm in a brand new car every 36 months.  I like that.

SAR I

do cars really have mechanical issues nowadays?  i stopped the 3 year bmw lease thing when my second was born.  bought a mdx.  it's been 8 years.  no mechanical issues to speak of so far.   it's got about 45k miles on it so we don't really use it much.

that being said we are looking for a new car probably in the next year or so - has safety improvements increased alot in 8 years?   how would you rank the following cars  bmw x5, audi q7, acura mdx, cayenne, range rover?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's financially unwise (invest the money) and mechanically unwise (out of warranty repairs) to own a BMW.  Leasing is the prudent way to go.   Besides, I'm in a brand new car every 36 months.  I like that.

SAR I

wtf, you drive a 3 year old car? Can we start a gofundme for Sar so he can afford to drive something nice?

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

do cars really have mechanical issues nowadays?  i stopped the 3 year bmw lease thing when my second was born.  bought a mdx.  it's been 8 years.  no mechanical issues to speak of so far.   it's got about 45k miles on it so we don't really use it much.

that being said we are looking for a new car probably in the next year or so - has safety improvements increased alot in 8 years?   how would you rank the following cars  bmw x5, audi q7, acura mdx, cayenne, range rover?

Big thing for me now is the tech improvements especially since I don't drive on a daily basis. Adaptive Cruise Control makes me much less annoyed at everyone else on the road. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

do cars really have mechanical issues nowadays?  i stopped the 3 year bmw lease thing when my second was born.  bought a mdx.  it's been 8 years.  no mechanical issues to speak of so far.   it's got about 45k miles on it so we don't really use it much.

that being said we are looking for a new car probably in the next year or so - has safety improvements increased alot in 8 years?   how would you rank the following cars  bmw x5, audi q7, acura mdx, cayenne, range rover?

As I lease all of our cars, I wouldn't know, but while reliability has surely gone up so too have the complexities.  Even the most basic configuration of most modern cars have pricey suspensions, circuits, sensors, etc. 

Safety improvements are around airbags and crush zones.  I think all the cars on your list would qualify.  Suggest you YouTube those SUV's, the reviewers are very comprehensive and can tell you all you need to know.  X5 (5 passenger) and X7 (6 or 7 passenger) are tops in their segment last time I checked.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...