ESPN insider: Jets predicted to have third overall draft pick

Salehery

Seahawks pick lands at #24

Projected record: 6-11
Average draft position: 8.5
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 9.7%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 41.4%

Stat to know: Second-year defensive lineman Quinnen Williams ranked fourth in the league in pass rush win rate as an interior defender (17%). Even better, his run stop win rate as an interior defender was the best in the NFL (49%). His 7.0 sacks were tied for the second-most of any player in the AFC East, trailing only Miami's Emmanuel Ogbah (9.0).

Projected Top 5 picks 

1. Houston 

2. Detroit 

3. NYJ

4.Jax

5. Philly 

• Thumb Down 1

Hard to disagree if you’re looking at things objectively. I just hope that Saleh and Zach get cut some slack. Both are in very tough situations this year. Saleh doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with, and Zach is a rookie playing behind a shaky offensive line, with few weapons (I do like Corey Davis and Elijah Moore a lot). 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I would assume they project the Pats to be considerably better than 7 wins, because Pats.

God I hate the Pats bias. Polian the other day was saying amazing things about Zach essentially saying without saying that he is a future FQB and the best of the QBs who has the "it" factor-yes he said that, but then ruined it by saying the Jets have nothing around Zach at offense but that Mac Jones will excel because the Pats are "loaded" and "one of the best situations a QB has gone into" that he could remember.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

God I hate the Pats bias. Polian the other day was saying amazing things about Zach essentially saying without saying that he is a future FQB and the best of the QBs who has the "it" factor-yes he said that, but then ruined it by saying the Jets have nothing around Zach at offense but that Mac Jones will excel because the Pats are "loaded" and "one of the best situations a QB has gone into" that he could remember.

Seriously. They act like the Jets have Edoga at LT and Quincy Enunwa as their WR1. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Corner group is trash 

TE group is trash 

LB group is trash with a question mark 

RB group has a high floor but a low ceiling 

Rookie QB, Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie DC

The eagles outclassed the Jets and are also a bottom 5 team lol

So you think they'll be banned from the draft for purposely flopping? 

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Hard to disagree if you’re looking at things objectively. I just hope that Saleh and Zach get cut some slack. Both are in very tough situations this year. Saleh doesn’t have a lot of talent to work with, and Zach is a rookie playing behind a shaky offensive line, with few weapons (I do like Corey Davis and Elijah Moore a lot). 

It could be better than we think. If the Dline and Oline (Oline 4 of 5 starters Becton, AVT, McGovern, and Moses could be pretty good) then our running game could be pretty good helping Zak and his passing with our what should be good WR core. And the Dline might protect the back 7 enough to keep opposing offenses from scoring an over abundance of points. That was JD's plan and if it works this team even without DE C. Lawson and LB Davis could surprise like possibly 7-9 wins.  But, keep in mind I am an optimist that has never sat down to any season (I am 56 years old) expecting to get 6 wins or less. I always expect 7+ wins and that would have been the case in many seasons like the 4-12's, and like last year had we not had 1) mega injuries, and 2) coaching staffs that could not get the team to play after the injuries or likely probably couldn't before. Geez living through Kotite, Bowles, Gase, etc. were some of the worst coaches imaginable.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

What? 

There is no chance the Seahawks are picking top 10. Wilson has never missed a snap. Never finished with less than 9 wins. They're winning at least as many this year.

All of their Div rivals improved a lot.  They could easily go 1-5 or 0-6 in the div.

The fact Russel Wilson has never missed a snap does not work for him as much as works against him.

Seattle is a house of cards.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We are going to have two top ten picks in the draft, unclear if the jets or hawks pick ill be first.

24th for the Seahawks is a pipe dream imo.  with russel wilson they will not be a playoff team.  If anything happens to him they will be a bottom 5 team.

we should send Wilson a gift to wish him a good season

index.jpeg.7011694fbefb9497d5bd3f45f5bc19fc.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We are going to have two top ten picks in the draft, unclear if the jets or hawks pick ill be first.

24th for the Seahawks is a pipe dream imo.  with russel wilson they will not be a playoff team.  If anything happens to him they will be a bottom 5 team.

What? As in what are you smoking?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Im sure there are still saying this same exact thing with regards to Favre.  Or Eli

Guess who lead the league in passing yards last year and had 33 tds and 7 ints?  Guess where that team finished?  Guess which team 'no way in the world can they end up with the 3rd worst record in the league with a top 5 QB!'

• Upvote 1