ESPN insider: Jets predicted to have third overall draft pick

Salehery

2 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

What? As in what are you smoking?

Seattle had one of the very worst defenses in the league last year, Russel wilson totally carried them for the 1st half of the season.  His play slowed down, his oline was shaky and they went out of the playoffs with a whimper.

they had not a lot of cap space and almost no draft picks this off season.

they play in a really tough division.

I'll stand by my prediction.  Feel free to take me to task at the end of the year.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Guess who lead the league in passing yards last year and had 33 tds and 7 ints?  Guess where that team finished?  Guess which team 'no way in the world can they end up with the 3rd worst record in the league with a top 5 QB!'

Guess who's the one who took out his crystal ball and insinuated that Wilson would get injured.  

Watson on a horrible team has what to do with this?  

I have no idea what your point is

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Or Brady until he got hurt.

Wilson holds the ball and the oline is suspect, and the older you get the less elusive you get.

Wilson holds the ball too long now?  I thought you were predicting injury due to odds.  And the OL is suspect.  And hes less elusive?  

Got it

54 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Seattle had one of the very worst defenses in the league last year, Russel wilson totally carried them for the 1st half of the season.  His play slowed down, his oline was shaky and they went out of the playoffs with a whimper.

they had not a lot of cap space and almost no draft picks this off season.

they play in a really tough division.

I'll stand by my prediction.  Feel free to take me to task at the end of the year.

I very much think that pick will be top 12ish.

If anything happens s to Wilson, top 5.

• Upvote 4

Anything can happen, this time last year it was clear cut that Jarrad stidham will take the patriots to the playoffs, darn old was the best qb in the division, Allen the worst, jets possibly play off bound, patriots still wining the division and so on…

nothing matters until rd 1, I really don’t understand why people take pre season talk, games so seriously. Jets could be shot, or they could be 10-6, we have know idea whether saleh is actually a decent coach, same with Wilson as a qb, nothing. 

the one thing I will predict is jets will be far better ( not hard to do) same with pats ( defence alone looks very strong combined with a defensive mastermind ) and bills on paper are better then what they were last year ( doesn’t mean they will only loose 3 games but defensively look very strong again).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Depends a lot on Tua, who they are apparently trying to replace.

Somewhat agree, but as a team I still think they overachieved. I just don’t see there defense making the insane amount of plays as they did last year. I do think this will be much better, but even if he is I am not sold on his leadership and other intangibles.

I also think every team got stronger, but Miami it’s hard to make the same argument. No one would’ve thought they went 10-6 last year, and this year IMO they have regressed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess who's the one who took out his crystal ball and insinuated that Wilson would get injured.  

Watson on a horrible team has what to do with this?  

I have no idea what your point is

Houston won 10 and 11 games then they won 4

SF went to the super bowl with 13 wins then won 6 games

Just now, Beerfish said:

Houston won 10 and 11 games then they won 4

SF went to the super bowl with 13 wins then won 6 games

Houston was in the shltter, The team sucked.  

What does this have to do With Seattle?

You want to go on about Wilson is due to get hurt or Seattle Is due to suck, go for it.  Its based on absolutely nothing 

5 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, they're projecting the teams that were bad last year to be bad this year and the teams that were good last year to be good this year.

It's not bold stuff.

That got me thinking. Which team will have the biggest turnaround and which team will have the biggest collapse as compared to their 2020 record. I think the Steelers who were 12-4 will have the biggest fall, and the Falcons who were 4-12 will have the largest turnaround. 

It's hard to blame the media for not believing in our Jets because we're coming off a 2-14 season. 

It's up to coach Robert Saleh to prove (to them) that our culture has already been changed.

And then it's up to our players come 2021 (on the field) to earn 'media praise' once heading into 2022 (by performing well). 

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2021 at 6:28 PM, Beerfish said:

Your response was to list a once in a multi generation iron man.  When in fact that is the exception not the rule.

OK, got what youre trying to say, Wilson is due for an injury.  

It has no basis if fact though. 

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Corner group is trash 

TE group is trash 

LB group is trash with a question mark 

RB group has a high floor but a low ceiling 

Rookie QB, Rookie HC, Rookie OC, Rookie DC

The eagles outclassed the Jets and are also a bottom 5 team lol

No it’s all a lizard man conspiracy that espn predicts Jets will stink ? 

God I hate the Pats bias. Polian the other day was saying amazing things about Zach essentially saying without saying that he is a future FQB and the best of the QBs who has the "it" factor-yes he said that, but then ruined it by saying the Jets have nothing around Zach at offense but that Mac Jones will excel because the Pats are "loaded" and "one of the best situations a QB has gone into" that he could remember.

That’s a pretty lazy analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Salehery said:

Seahawks pick lands at #24

Projected record: 6-11
Average draft position: 8.5
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 9.7%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 41.4%

Stat to know: Second-year defensive lineman Quinnen Williams ranked fourth in the league in pass rush win rate as an interior defender (17%). Even better, his run stop win rate as an interior defender was the best in the NFL (49%). His 7.0 sacks were tied for the second-most of any player in the AFC East, trailing only Miami's Emmanuel Ogbah (9.0).

Projected Top 5 picks 

1. Houston 

2. Detroit 

3. NYJ

4.Jax

5. Philly 

Sound About Right GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

21 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

What? 

There is no chance the Seahawks are picking top 10. Wilson has never missed a snap. Never finished with less than 9 wins. They're winning at least as many this year.

It could happen.  Injuries do happen, and if Russ goes down they are definitely a bottom 10 team.  The Hawks are a very top heavy team.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bronxville Jets Fan said:

It could happen.  Injuries do happen, and if Russ goes down they are definitely a bottom 10 team.  The Hawks are a very top heavy team.

This is true as it is with many/most teams with a stud QB not on their rookie deal. 

• Upvote 1