ESPN insider: Jets predicted to have third overall draft pick

Salehery

I wouldn't mind if JD was irresponsible with the cap.  We need to take advantage of Wilson's rookie deal.  

The problem with building the whole team through the draft is you'll have to pay everyone at once including Zach.  

Spend like a drunken sailor next offseason and jump start the team and then in 3 years we go back to being frugal.  

• Thumb Down 3

32 minutes ago, slats said:

Watched a video with Florio and Matt Simms predicting the AFCe records against the Vegas number. They have the Bills and Pats over, Miami; one push, one over, and both took the under on the Jets at 5.5 wins (guess it dropped with Lawson’s injury… ?). 

I don’t care. This is -and always was- a foundational year. They’re playing the kids, seeing what they’ve got for real in real game situations, and then have a ****load of picks and cap space to fills holes next season - when they will once again be one of the youngest teams in the league. Still looking forward to seeing these guys play and develop. If all goes well, they’ll get better as the year goes on and be a team other teams aren’t too excited about playing in December. 

Yes a million times yes. Even Simms who is all in on Zach believes the Jets will not be a good football team this season.

It’s not an anti-Jets conspiracy, it’s just the talking heads expressing their good faith opinion.

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I think the jets will be better than that but its hard to argue with such a prediction.  They had the 2nd pick last year, and the jets are just very inexperienced.  

I think the absolute upside for this season is 2020 Chargers. Zack shows he belongs but the team just isn’t very good in the W/L column.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I wouldn't mind if JD was irresponsible with the cap.  We need to take advantage of Wilson's rookie deal.  

The problem with building the whole team through the draft is you'll have to pay everyone at once including Zach.  

Spend like a drunken sailor next offseason and jump start the team and then in 3 years we go back to being frugal.  

Hd Reaction GIFseason 8 episode 13 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

21 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That got me thinking. Which team will have the biggest turnaround and which team will have the biggest collapse as compared to their 2020 record. I think the Steelers who were 12-4 will have the biggest fall, and the Falcons who were 4-12 will have the largest turnaround. 

Chargers feel poised for a massive turnaround.

I think the Falcons will suck again.

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2021 at 3:21 PM, Beerfish said:

Seattle had one of the very worst defenses in the league last year, Russel wilson totally carried them for the 1st half of the season.  His play slowed down, his oline was shaky and they went out of the playoffs with a whimper.

they had not a lot of cap space and almost no draft picks this off season.

they play in a really tough division.

I'll stand by my prediction.  Feel free to take me to task at the end of the year.

Seattle was the 15th ranked D points against.  22nd in yards.  This story where they were one of the very worst defenses in the league last year is wrong.  They won 10, 11 & 12 games the last three years, the division isnt sneaking up on them and holding them back.  They've won a lot of games in a tough division.  

I hope to god youre right but have no idea where youre drawing conclusions from

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Exactly!!

I mean all these sports media dipsh!ts were predicting a Top 3 pick for the Jets last year too and look what happe....  oh... yeah.

Adam Gase vs. Robert Saleh. There's a difference. Why would you mention last year as if the rosters aren't completely different? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29108110/2020-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams%3fplatform=am ESPN got almost every teams record wrong heading into last year. 

15 minutes ago, QueensBridgeJets said:

Adam Gase vs. Robert Saleh. There's a difference. Why are you mentioning last year to me as if the rosters aren't completely different?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29108110/2020-nfl-schedule-record-predictions-analysis-all-32-teams%3fplatform=amp

ESPN got almost every teams record wrong heading into last year. 

For the record, I think the Jets are a much better team with a MUCH better coach, a better QB and a better roster.

With that said, every year our fans feel "disrespected" because the national media predicts the Jets will Draft in something like the Top 5.  Everyone bitches about the Jets getting no love and that things are now different.  But you would have done pretty well for the most part over the past several years if you bet the Jets would draft in the Top 5.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

For the record, I think the Jets are a much better team with a MUCH better coach, a better QB and a better roster.

With that said, every year our fans feel "disrespected" because the national media predicts the Jets will Draft in something like the Top 5.  Everyone bitches about the Jets getting no love and that things are now different.  But you would have done pretty well for the most part over the past several years if you bet the Jets would draft in the Top 5.

Where did you see me claim the Jets were being disrespected and/or bitching about no love when all I said was Thankfully the games are played on the gridiron and not these paper predictions?

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Seattle was the 15th ranked D points against.  22nd in yards.  This story where they were one of the very worst defenses in the league last year is wrong.  They won 10, 11 & 12 games the last three years, the division isnt sneaking up on them and holding them back.  They've won a lot of games in a tough division.  

I hope to god youre right but have no idea where youre drawing conclusions from

I think he mostly meant the pass defense, which certainly was awful. Outside of their two stat-helping games at home against the Jets & Giants, they were giving up over 300 yards/game in the air.

Their defense was setting records for ineptitude until November. The second half of their season was filled with offensive weaklings that helped their D stats immensely in both yards and points.

I’m not going to make high-loss predictions for Seattle while Wilson is still slinging it, but their defense was pretty bad. IMO they should maybe trade for a safety or something. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think he mostly meant the pass defense, which certainly was awful. Outside of their two stat-helping games at home against the Jets & Giants, they were giving up over 300 yards/game in the air.

Their defense was setting records for ineptitude until November. The second half of their season was filled with offensive weaklings that helped their D stats immensely in both yards and points.

I’m not going to make high-loss predictions for Seattle while Wilson is still slinging it, but their defense was pretty bad. IMO they should maybe trade for a safety or something. 

I agree, wasnt trying to make a case for Seattle having that Seahawk defense we allthink about, the Legion of Boom typed defense.  But I think its an oversimplification to just say the were one of the worst in the NFL when they were 15th in points allowed.  Just like they will be held back because of the division they play in.  They've been in that division the last 3 years and have come away with 34 wins.  

I do agree they could use a dynamic, punishing SS.  Thats what they need to put their defense over the top and make opposing QBs sweat.  Maybe they can trade for one, Maye for 2 first rounders sounds about right.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The giants/patriots fans on ESPN have been hating on us hard for the past 20 years.  It’s not just when we were bad — their blood was boiling when we went to back to back AFCGs with Rex

Broken clocks are right twice a day and they’ve been right past 8 years since Rex and Tanny both got fired and Woody and his kid bro have been the real General Managers

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree, wasnt trying to make a case for Seattle having that Seahawk defense we allthink about, the Legion of Boom typed defense.  But I think its an oversimplification to just say the were one of the worst in the NFL when they were 15th in points allowed.  Just like they will be held back because of the division they play in.  They've been in that division the last 3 years and have come away with 34 wins.  

I do agree they could use a dynamic, punishing SS.  Thats what they need to put their defense over the top and make opposing QBs sweat.  Maybe they can trade for one, Maye for 2 first rounders sounds about right.

The Seahawks defense stinks