Crowder tests positive for COVID-19.

Mogglez

From the same page: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game

Here is the forfeit fule:

Competitive Principles

• The league will make every reasonable effort, consistent with underlying health and safety principles, to complete the full 272-game regular season within the current 18 weeks and all postseason games as scheduled, in a safe and responsible way. This is grounded in a commitment to players, coaches, fans, and business partners. We do not anticipate adding a "19th week" to accommodate games that cannot be rescheduled within the current 18 weeks of the regular season.

• Every club is obligated under the Constitution and Bylaws to have its team ready to play at the scheduled time and place. A failure to do so is deemed conduct detrimental. There is no right to postpone a game. Postponements will only occur if required by government authorities, medical experts, or at the Commissioner's discretion.

• In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group.

• If a game cannot be rescheduled within the current 18-week schedule and is cancelled due to a Covid outbreak among non-vaccinated players on one of the competing teams, the club with the outbreak will forfeit the contest and will be deemed to have played 16 games for purposes of draft, waiver priority, etc. For the purposes of playoff seeding, the forfeiting team will be credited with a loss and the other team will be credited with a win.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Not to turn this into that but nah. And I believe it's 10 days after the positive test if he is  indeed asymptomatic. 

He will be fine.  Stinks he most likely will miss week one.  We could have thrown him out on defense and Sam would definitely have found him,  since they have great chemistry.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Crowder didnt do much in the preseason.  You get the vibe that he just doesnt fit on this team.  Moore will be getting all the snaps ahead of him.

If douglas can get a decent pick for him, i think he will be moved immediately.

If they thought bless was too old what must they think of crowder?

truth i think they kept him around in case there were too many wr injuries in preseason and they didn’t want wilson throwing to newbies early on.  

From the same page: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-outbreaks-unvaccinated-players-forfeit-cancelled-game
Here is the forfeit fule:
Competitive Principles
• The league will make every reasonable effort, consistent with underlying health and safety principles, to complete the full 272-game regular season within the current 18 weeks and all postseason games as scheduled, in a safe and responsible way. This is grounded in a commitment to players, coaches, fans, and business partners. We do not anticipate adding a "19th week" to accommodate games that cannot be rescheduled within the current 18 weeks of the regular season.
• Every club is obligated under the Constitution and Bylaws to have its team ready to play at the scheduled time and place. A failure to do so is deemed conduct detrimental. There is no right to postpone a game. Postponements will only occur if required by government authorities, medical experts, or at the Commissioner's discretion.
• In light of the substantial roster flexibility in place for the 2021 season, absent medical considerations or government directives, games will not be postponed or rescheduled simply to avoid roster issues caused by injury or illness affecting multiple players, even within a position group. • If a game cannot be rescheduled within the current 18-week schedule and is cancelled due to a Covid outbreak among non-vaccinated players on one of the competing teams, the club with the outbreak will forfeit the contest and will be deemed to have played 16 games for purposes of draft, waiver priority, etc. For the purposes of playoff seeding, the forfeiting team will be credited with a loss and the other team will be credited with a win.
Government directives ? Is Kraft part of the Government ... in assuming he has a backdoor line to anyone in power.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

“Every club is obligated under the Constitution” NFL POLICY

The NFL Policy should have no reference to the Constitution since their policies are the farthest thing from the personal freedoms guaranteed in the US Constitution.  I’ll leave it at that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The NFL Policy should have no reference to the Constitution since their policies are the farthest thing from the personal freedoms guaranteed in the US Constitution.  I’ll leave it at that. 

I don't know of any easy way to say this, but it's literally the "NFL Constitution and Bylaws".  Not the U.S. Constitution.

[edit: Good snipe, majf]

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, majf said:

Um, the reference is to the NFL Constitution.

Yes….. I think you need to re-read what I stated. Then hopefully you’ll get my point.

”Reference”  the action of mentioning or alluding to something: "he made reference to the enormous power of the mass media"synonymsmention of, allusion to, comment on, remark about, citation of, instance of

Word play

The Bucs are all vaccinated.  

I think it’s the Brady effect.   He wants to win another SB and has zero interest in guys being out a couple of weeks throughout the season.   

That, and Florida is a nightmare right now.

Meanwhile, no idea what the status is of the Jets.  The roster is already thin everywhere, 17 games for a team that always seems to suffer many injuries…

If too many guys miss games due to COVID?  The Jets will be calling Bishop Sycamore High School for players towards the end of the season.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

The Bucs are all vaccinated.  

I think it’s the Brady effect.   He wants to win another SB and has zero interest in guys being out a couple of weeks throughout the season.   

Meanwhile, no idea what the status is of the Jets.  The roster is already thin everywhere, 17 games for a team that always seems to suffer many injuries…

If too many guys miss games due to COVID?  The Jets will be calling Bishop Sycamore High School for players.

Saleh said 81 out of 90 (at the time during camp) were vaccinated. So presumably a vast majority of the current roster probably is as well.