Are we supposed to root for Wilson or wins?

Salehery

High draft picks are great and all, but at this point it is time to start winning. We have a new coach and 3 more years of JD, and hopefully our franchise QB, picking 3 vs 6 isn't likely going to make a big difference (unless we can blockbuster trade down). But winning begets winning.

Frankly, even when we are tanking and my head may want the loss,  my heart wants the win and I root. Picking at the top doesn't guarantee success anyway. I don't expect a lot of wins this year, but I am hoping for some fun games (maybe half) where I can be rooting and enjoying the games.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

High draft picks are great and all, but at this point it is time to start winning. We have a new coach and 3 more years of JD, and hopefully our franchise QB, picking 3 vs 6 isn't likely going to make a big difference (unless we can blockbuster trade down). But winning begets winning.

Frankly, even when we are tanking and my head may want the loss,  my heart wants the win and I root. Picking at the top doesn't guarantee success anyway. I don't expect a lot of wins this year, but I am hoping for some fun games (maybe half) where I can be rooting and enjoying the games.

Remember Mangini's 1st year where Jets even with Chad were not expected to get any more than 5-6 wins and went 10-6 to the playoffs. Yes, Chad had some exp. and that may make a difference since Zak does not, but the rest of that team was no better than this one. Heck, our best DT was DRob and I'd rather have QW over him any day of the week. But, anyway, it would be great if Saleh could do something like that, but even if he did it would need to keep going every year with successful results and not regression like what occurred with Mangini. We'll see. We just need Zak and the whole offense to keep improving and not have 3-4 three and outs per game which I know drives us crazy as we have seen for so long now with pathetic predictable offenses.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Salehery said:

I guess the best case scenario is for Wilson to play well but the team loses right? If we get the #1 pick we could trade that for a kings ransom?

we're past that head space now. I'd rather win 9 games and pick 20th -- and allow those victories to paint our teams confidence and growth, than hope for narrow losses to pick at 10th...

It's almost insane to wish for the latter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Remember Mangini's 1st year where Jets even with Chad were not expected to get any more than 5-6 wins and went 10-6 to the playoffs. Yes, Chad had some exp. and that may make a difference since Zak does not, but the rest of that team was no better than this one. Heck, our best DT was DRob and I'd rather have QW over him any day of the week. But, anyway, it would be great if Saleh could do something like that, but even if he did it would need to keep going every year with successful results and not regression like what occurred with Mangini. We'll see. We just need Zak and the whole offense to keep improving and not have 3-4 three and outs per game which I know drives us crazy as we have seen for so long now with pathetic predictable offenses.
Along the same lines ... i have not been this excited about a Jets QB since pre wrist destruction Pennington. Can you imagine how good he COULD have been !

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1