Your worst JN takes....

AFJF

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Deshaun Watson will not be a good NFL QB because of his subpar Arm Strength. 

I was incorrect. Missed on the whole sex pest thing, too...

I don't think I said he would be sub par, but I did say it was a red flag and I wouldn't be mad if the team passed on him.  Oops.

Mine:  

- Had Darnold as the top QB prospect in the 2018 class

- Had Josh Allen as undraftable and called him a RB until his 3rd season began

- Bought a Mark Sanchez jersey in 2010 and thought the team could win a SB with him at QB

- Thought Idzik was a good GM following the 2013 season

- Thought it was a good decision to bring back Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2016

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mine:  

- Had Darnold as the top QB prospect in the 2018 class

- Had Josh Allen as undraftable and called him a RB until his 3rd season began

- Bought a Mark Sanchez jersey in 2010 and thought the team could win a SB with him at QB

- Thought Idzik was a good GM following the 2013 season

- Thought it was a good decision to bring back Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2016

lol.  I bought the Sanchez bobblehead...

• Upvote 1

Outside of many of the common mistakes we've all had in foolishly believing in any Jets coaches or players who of course turned out to fail, the one I was most ridiculously wrong about in the other direction, and gladly so, was D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

I despised that pick at the time it was made. I was convinced an undersized guy who couldn't keep weight on under any circumstances, even for pre-draft workout purposes, and was never touted as much of a run blocker, was going to get constantly thrown around by defenders in the NFL and be a colossal bust. I didn't want the Jets to go anywhere near him at the time.

I much preferred Young, who was of course off the board anyway, Leinart, or Vernon Davis. Yikes.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don’t start with that, Mr Thin-Skinned.  This is a thread for owning your mistakes.  

You don't seem okay, but I hope you are okay.

I figured if Manish was good enough for WFAN, he was good enough for the JN pod.  Wild, right?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

I think it's fun to do these from time to time and see who's willing to admit how bad some of their takes were....

A few of mine....

- Supported Mac for way too long

- Thought Todd Bowles would be good

- Thought Adam Gase would be better than Bowles (In my defense, Gase was 4-2 against Bowles)

- Thought Darnold would be the guy (though he may have been broken by Gase)

- Thought Jachai Polite was a steal

- After his second pre-season said "The light has come on" for Geno Smith, only to have IK Enemkpali knock them out a couple years later.

- Thought the Mo Wilk extension was a good idea.

Sounds so familiar to my list

Actually we could combine all of the above, minus Watson I loved him coming out

I really liked Adarius Stewart.  Thought he’d be a Hines Ward type hard ass receiver.

I thought the CB from the Rams(I honestly ca t remember his name right this second and I’m not stopping to look) would be a solid pickup and once back into the right style of Defense would flourish.

I bought all the hype of Adams as a culture changer.  I do believe in that, but he was the exact opposite.  

I  support players and coaches even if I really don’t believe in them.  Darnold is the prime example.  Pre draft I said I was very concerned he’d never get past the bonehead turnovers.  Then we pick him and I throw out my concerns and support him for much longer than deserved.

• Upvote 2

i am literally guilty of all these things lol....turns out i am kind of a homer.

i think the one that hurts is Mac. I was excited to have a well regarded scout leading the team, you figure drafting would be his thing above all else. turns out the guy set us back like 10 years.

• Sympathy 1