• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

- Thought Manish Mehta was a good podcast invite.  

I really honesty thought Zac Wilson and Saleh would be good....oh wait that is my 2024 post.   Where is the white out.  😎

I think it's fun to do these from time to time and see who's willing to admit how bad some of their takes were....   A few of mine....   - Supported Mac for way too long - Tho

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was.

I want to believe this. Really. Love Manning but Brady is unbelievable. All he does is win and ultimately that’s all it’s about for me. 

Kinda reminds me of a quote from the great Kenny Powers. “ I play real sports, I’m not trying to be the best at exercising “

Peyton was unbelievable statistically and on the field. But Brady left BB, and against everything I thought he won again. 

Super Bowls > Statistics, to me at least at this point 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Also re: Allen, can't say that's a miss. If we believe in the models then sometimes the improbable is going to happen. Doesn't mean it's wrong. Won't be the last time a low odds dude beats the system.

Well, yeah, if another guy comes out of the Mountain West completing 56% of his passes, I won’t want to draft that guy either. And the “he wouldn’t have been good here” thing is an easy crutch, but I really don’t see a path to Josh Allen’s 2020 season that passes through either Todd Bowles or Adam Gase.

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, AFJF said:

You don't seem okay, but I hope you are okay.

Ah so you do want to go there again.  Weren’t you warned for telling multiple posters they “need help” for having the audacity to make a Manish joke at your expense?  Might want to learn your lesson and tread cautiously with posts like these.  

Grow thicker skin and/or learn to laugh at yourself from time to time. Maybe then people will stop making those Manish jokes that seem to bother you so much.  Just a thought. 

We drafted Sam Darnold I wanted Josh Allen.

We drafted Zach Wilson I wanted Justin Fields.

Am I doing this right? 

I actually thought the second coming of Revis  was going to be spectacular.

I was positive one day we would see Herm Edwards and Chad Pennington hold the Lombardy trophy as well as Rex and Sanchez. 

I think every RB we draft or sign is going to tear up the league. Haven’t had anything close since Curtis left. 

Sure there are some more but it’s early.

According to my wife, I never get anything right, so there's that !!!

• Thought Sam was our ticket to a FQB...
  • Also thought Macc was going to be our first good GM in a long time.
  • Loved the REX hire. (Not that he was all bad, but he will still only be good at being a DC, not HC).
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ah so you do want to go there again.  Weren’t you warned for telling multiple posters they “need help” for having the audacity to make a Manish joke at your expense?  Might want to learn your lesson and tread cautiously with posts like these.  

Grow thicker skin and/or learn to laugh at yourself from time to time. Maybe then people will stop making those Manish jokes that seem to bother you so much.  Just a thought. 

I don't think you need help.  I think you just have this thing where you have to inject Manish in to sevearl conversations because he upset you.  That's all I was saying.  Being upset isn't the same thing as needing help.

And me having a hard time understanding your very obviously incorrect takes on Manish over the years doesn't mean I have thin skin.  It means I'm capable of making very simple/basic obsevervations while commenting on them without bias.  

And for future referenc, if there are any credentialed beat writers who cover the team and appear on WFAN to discuss the team, we'll happily have them on the pocast whether they have your seal of approval or not.

3 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Let me also say that I really wanted Baker Mayfield. When we drafted Sam Darnold with the third overall pick I was ranting and raving that we should have taken Rosen...

If you do the math it's like a triple Decker fail! LOL

Same here. Truth be told, I still think we made the wrong decision.

I liked Rosen, thought he was going to be the real deal.

I didn't like Sam, I thought someone who turns the ball over in college will turn it over in the pros.

I hated Josh Allen, someone who is inaccurate in college will not improve that in the pros.

I liked the Mo Wilkerson extension.

I didn't want Mahomes, but did like Watson.  So 50/50 that year.

22 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Let me also say that I really wanted Baker Mayfield. When we drafted Sam Darnold with the third overall pick I was ranting and raving that we should have taken Rosen...

If you do the math it's like a triple Decker fail! LOL

I loved Baker.

Honestly, I still think he will be good.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

CA0746DF-1FEF-4F28-815B-AC6E3FD2E5BA.jpeg

Although buying a jersey for the home opener in 2016 was not easy…

To be honest I don't think the people who wanted Fitz were wrong about Fitz being the best option. Basically everyone around him on that offence got washed up overnight.

Brick retired. 

Lost the starting Running Back.

Marshall and Decker went from being one of the best starting WR duos in the league to garbage. 

Mangold was essentially done, couldn't stay healthy. 

The fact that Fitz has shown more staying power than anyone else in that offence is evident enough that he wasn't the problem and it's tough to tear down and rebuild coming off a 10-6 season. 

• Upvote 4
13 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

I want to believe this. Really. Love Manning but Brady is unbelievable. All he does is win and ultimately that’s all it’s about for me. 

Kinda reminds me of a quote from the great Kenny Powers. “ I play real sports, I’m not trying to be the best at exercising “

Peyton was unbelievable statistically and on the field. But Brady left BB, and against everything I thought he won again. 

Super Bowls > Statistics, to me at least at this point 

Brady is still Eli's bit(h!  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I need to think about this one. The list is longer than my best takes. 

Initially, I thought Mac was a good GM.

I thought the Bell signing was OK, but not great (too expensive.) 

I thought Googly Eyes could develop Sam (instead of traumatize him.) 

Probably my worst takes are bunched together as a group: I ALWAYS predict a better record than they end up with.  

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

These are two of mine. Loved the Polite pick and loved the Mo Wilk extension.

Not one single thing on film suggested there would be issues with Polite's work ethic.  Dude was  monster with a non-stop motor.

• Upvote 2
Just now, AFJF said:

Not one single thing on film suggested there would be issues with Polite's work ethic.  Dude was  monster with a non-stop motor.

I just fell in love with him watching an LSU/Florida game where he took over in the 4th quarter -- I figured measurables be damned, if he can be productive in the SEC he can do it in the NFL. Didn't turn out that way. Guy was a slug. 

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I just fell in love with him watching an LSU/Florida game where he took over in the 4th quarter -- I figured measurables be damned, if he can be productive in the SEC he can do it in the NFL. Didn't turn out that way. Guy was a slug. 

Exactly.  Was unstoppable in the SEC and actually led college football D-linemen in tackles 20 or more yards down the field with four.  That alone suggested he was a high effort guy.

Another reminder about what a crap shoot the draft is.

• Upvote 1

I liked Rosen and thought he was very translatable, though I did like every QB in that class and would've gladly supported any pick.

This brings me to Darnold. Originally I wanted us to draft Allen, but I fell in love with the Darnold talent and thought I was watching Big Ben pt.2. Really thought he could be something really special until his supernatural encounter on a fateful Monday night.

I thought Ed Oliver was going to be great early out the gate. This was partly due to him having a cool name.

Loved signing Le'Veon.

Recently, I was totally on board with trading for Watson. Aged poorly already. 

• Upvote 1

People already know my "worst takes" because they bring it up all the time, lol.

I once thought former #1 pick Patrick Ramsey deserved a shot to compete with a post-injury Chad Pennington, after Ramsey escaped the beating he got in D.C.

I though Fitzpatrick was better than Geno Smith.

That's the list.

Being a dedicated pessimist and cynic means you generally have got your takes right more often than not with the last decade+ of Jets Football.