It’s Panthers Week

kevinc855

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seems a lot of people here think Sam is just going to lay down. This is actually  a good offensive team.  This won't  be a walk in the park for the Jets. 

Not expecting any walks in the park this year. Going to be a wild ride but a fun one!

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seems a lot of people here think Sam is just going to lay down. This is actually  a good offensive team.  This won't  be a walk in the park for the Jets. 

Sam has better weapons than Wilson has.  McCaffery, DJ moore and robby are highly formidable.  This place is oozing with confidence, but I have no idea why (other than rabid fandom, of course).  If Darnold has time, then Moore and Anderson are a big freaking problem for us.  No pressure = this game is going to suck.    On the other hand...  pressure Sam throughout the game, a whole different story. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Pressure on Sam Darnold is the key to victory. We know he gets happy feet back there. If we don’t apply any pressure with our front 4, he’ll be able to sit back there and play well vs our young secondary. Panthers weakness on offense is probably the offensive line. They have playmakers all over the field. 

Getting back Q and Rankins will be huge...

Darnold can’t deal with pressure up the middle....would like to see Nasrideen and Mosley mixed in on some blitzes as well 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My hope is that the scheme and defensive game planning shines through. Pre-season is by design very vanilla. It’s no surprise our defensive isn’t very good matching up with any team based on talent alone. They are very young and minus the D line just honestly not that good. The scheme and their ability to execute it to the best of their ability will be the saving grace. Not sure how it will turn out but I’m somewhat confident the coaching staff will have them as prepared and coached up as possible. It will be up to them to do it the way they’ve been coached. Hopefully we see adjustments as the game go’s on. 

What is an adjustment, never heard of it?

I just want to see the Jets field a competitive team with some sparks of hope in between. Last year sucked, no one wants to put a game on and hope their team loses for draft positioning and getting the brakes beat off them before the ice in your drink even starts to melt. 

I don't expect the defense will be able to get off the field, but seeing the team move the ball and score some points will be a nice change of pace. Carolina is no world beater, but they have talented playmakers and a promising defense. Their Oline is trash, and Sam can get rattled pretty easy if we get pressure.

Panthers RG John Miller (COVID) won't play in Week 1 against the Jets.

Miller has been ruled out for 10 days, which makes his vaccination status blatantly clear. Dennis Daley will instead get the nod at right guard with Deonte Brown next in line. The former logged just 56 snaps at that position (and 135 total) for Carolina last year, permitting five pressures in that stint.

Sep 6, 2021, 1:58 PM ET
  •  

Interior DLine should have even MORE of an advantage now. 

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Q is going to EAT 

43 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Panthers RG John Miller (COVID) won't play in Week 1 against the Jets.

Miller has been ruled out for 10 days, which makes his vaccination status blatantly clear. Dennis Daley will instead get the nod at right guard with Deonte Brown next in line. The former logged just 56 snaps at that position (and 135 total) for Carolina last year, permitting five pressures in that stint.

Sep 6, 2021, 1:58 PM ET
  •  

Interior DLine should have even MORE of an advantage now. 

Built-in excuse # 1 of many coming up for people to use when defending Sam Darnold as a Panther!

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

First off, we're all making sh*t up, it's a discussion forum, it's a place for opinions.  My opinion is that the Johnson's have been selling this fanbase on the 'deep patient rebuild' since 2017 and even though the actors have changed it's the same production.

After 4-5 years of Maccagnan/Douglas tearing this thing down and accumulating draft capital and cap space we are owed results.  I don't care who the Johnson's brought in here.  It's their show and its been run this way since they gave up on Fitzpatrick.  The media and fans tell me that Douglas is the guy, cool, show me.  The media and fans tell me that Saleh is the guy, cool, show me.  The media and fans tell me that Wilson is the guy, cool, show me.  Schedule is easy, everyone is healthy, Panthers are served up on a platter, go get the win.  You should expect similar.  

SAR I

So when Mac gave Cj and LB those contracts he was “tearing it down”? No, he was so bad at his job, you THOUGHT that’s what he was doing. Just like GASE wasn’t tanking last year. He was THAT BAD. 

• Haha 3

I see the Jets pounding the ball running on the Panthers.  We score in the 20s.

The Jets LB and CB have no answer for CM and the Panther WRs.  They score in the 30s. We lose.

I think this is one of Darnolds best games this year.  Overall I predict a meh year for him. 

New York Jets hopeful WR Jamison Crowder will be able to play Sunday

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets remain hopeful that wide receiver Jamison Crowder, who tested positive last week for COVID-19, will play in Week 1 against the Carolina Panthers.

Crowder has virus-related symptoms, coach Robert Saleh said Monday, but NFL protocols allow him to return to the team before Sunday because he's vaccinated. Once he's asymptomatic for 48 hours, he must have two negative tests 24 hours apart to be eligible.

If Crowder had been unvaccinated, he would've been required to sit out a minimum of 10 days, meaning he likely would've missed the opener.

"We're just taking it a day at a time," said Saleh, adding that Crowder was an isolated incident with no close contacts.

Crowder, the Jets' leading receiver in 2019 and 2020, is their top slot receiver this year. If he can't play, they could use rookie Elijah Moore or Braxton Berrios in the slot. Their top outside receivers are Corey Davis and Keelan Cole.

The Jets placed an emphasis on rebuilding their receiving corps in an effort to help rookie quarterback Zach Wilson, who was basically handed the starting job as soon as he was drafted second overall in April.

Wilson will have his blindside protector against the Panthers, as left tackle Mekhi Becton is expected to receive final clearance Tuesday to play. He suffered a concussion two weeks ago in a joint practice with the Philadelphia Eagles.

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

It’s probably going to begin soon, the trickling of names that will miss week 1 due to C_V-D

Monday is test day I'd guess. A vaccinated player testing positive could still end up playing on Sunday with two negative tests if I understand correctly. 

• Upvote 1

I think it will be more on the Jets "D" than anything else... I know it was vanilla but they didn't show to well against the run in the preseason... if that continues McCaffrey will have a field day... if they can contain him the results may be a much better outcome.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

15 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

As much as this hurts to say, unless PJ comes in at half...Jets probably get the win off a Darnold pick 6 but o well....

Fug them Jets. Fug em. - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

thanks for the link. its links like that that make me want to see Sam crash and burn. 

we get no respect around the league. were a punchline to the fans. that is why anyone traded has to be bad. we cant be the " same old Jets" and trade away players who turn out to be good. 

every Jet fan who wants Sam to have a good season ( but not this week, they say ) should look at the jokes at our teams expense. 

i would post that in the Jets locker room if i could.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

As much as this hurts to say, unless PJ comes in at half...Jets probably get the win off a Darnold pick 6 but o well....

Fug them Jets. Fug em. - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

This is funny, but seriously though... who the **** are the Panthers?  

They're just as pathetic as us expect they haven't been around as long.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

thanks for the link. its links like that that make me want to see Sam crash and burn. 

we get no respect around the league. were a punchline to the fans. that is why anyone traded has to be bad. we cant be the " same old Jets" and trade away players who turn out to be good. 

every Jet fan who wants Sam to have a good season ( but not this week, they say ) should look at the jokes at our teams expense. 

i would post that in the Jets locker room if i could.

The Panthers are a pathetic franchise just like us.  They're just too delusional to realize the truth.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

The entire country sees us that way…. It’s a sad truth.  We are thought of  as one of the worst 3 teams in the league.  the Panthers were born in 1995  and have more playoff depth in that time than we do.  2 SB appearances. Should have won both. We have a lot of work, let’s hope JD starts the youth course. 

• Upvote 4

I expect the shackles to come off Wilson this week.  The one constant about Wilson is that he delivers a catchable ball anywhere on the field necessary.
And he can do it in the pocket, on a designed rollout, or when a play breaks down.
If you look at his stats from college his completion percentage at 20+ yards was 71.4%.  And that was without a bunch of NFL level high quality receivers.
I’m sure we will have a lot of growing pains, but there will also be more moments pure of exhilaration than many are anticipating.
... or cornerbacks ... whuch we gave still yet to see.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

If Joe Douglas is a generational GM, his 2 years of drafting and 2.5 years of free agenting should show fruit.  Wilson, Mims, Elijah, the other Alijah, Carter, the other Carter, Perine, Becton, Davis, Cole, Moses, we should see it right now.
If Robert Saleh is a generational HC, his impact should be immediate.  No different than Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan, or Bowles who all had winning seasons in their first year.
If Zach Wilson is a generational QB, we should see it right away.  Sure there will be hiccups, but the guy is being compared to Marino and Rodgers and he has a ton of weapons and a serviceable line, something Geno Smith, Bryce Petty, and Sam Darnold never had.
The Jets have been in an announced, deep rebuild since 2017.  We've been through Suck For Sam, we've gotten rid of expensive guys, we've drafted with tons of assets, we'd have a ton of free agent money to spend.  In our broken, awful state we've averaged 5 wins a season in the 5 years of the rebuild.  Getting to 8 should not be a challenge for this team.
SAR I
Game one .. i need to go back and rewatch Rogers, Marino, Peyton game one,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

This is funny, but seriously though... who the **** are the Panthers?  

They're just as pathetic as us expect they haven't been around as long.  

Exactly. And rhule is one of the most overrated coaches in the league. So they threw a lot of money at him and the experts think he is Vince Lombardi. Overall the Panthers probably have more playmakers than the jets but coaching and QB are a draw. Jets might lose a close game but if some of the young guys show up they could surprise

• Upvote 1

Our greatest strength - D line - is up against the Panthers' biggest weakness - O line. I just do not see how the Panthers will keep Sam clean, and I have doubts as to whether the Panthers can generate any type of running game.  As far as when Sam does pass, the Jets will be running lots of zone coverage and unless something has changed, Sam rarely ID's the open receiver against a zone coverage, then when he finally hits his check down, he has waited so long that a LB is in the RB's pocket when the ball is thrown.

As far as our O, this will be the Becton Tucker show. The Jets will run left behind them and bludgeon the Carolina D opening up the play action game for Wilson where Elijah Moore will decimate the Carolina secondary with spectacular YAC.

The Jets in a second half blowout - after taking a 10 point lead at the end of the first half - with a final score of 41 - 16.  

• Upvote 1