It's amazing how little everyone thinks of this team....

NYJ1

I see alot of winable games on the schedule. I predicted 9-8 and I'm sticking to it.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to health, Wilson, and the transition to the outside zone blocking scheme.

Too many people are selling the team short.  Are there weaknesses? Of course, but most teams have weaknesses. There is enough talent to keep this team competitive if they have competent coaching.

• Upvote 1

We're still a sub .500 team and I know posters here are going to be throwing a fit when we're losing because how bad our secondary is and how we can't create pressure. We are very young and it will be a rough season but I think ultimately we'll be glad with how our offense looks and how the team is coached/competes. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I've heard all the crap from the media blowhards. There's no doubting the Jets, as a team, were complete SH*T for about 4 seasons. They had little to ZERO talent for a few seasons there. 

However, I cannot believe how many people think the Jets are still the 2-14 Jets with a new QB? Even Chris Simms who thinks Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread is predicting the Jets will win less than 5 games. I may end up looking like a fool for saying this (it really all depends on how healthy the Jets can be), but I firmly believe the Jets are a 6 to 8 win team. I think everyone is underestimating the moves JD has made. This team is pretty much very young and new. There's almost nothing similar about last year's roster. There will be growing pains and a lack of chemistry with this team. However, there's no denying that the Jets have added quite a bit of talent to this team. Really, I think the only way the Jets will get any respect right now is when they start knocking off some big teams. I think the Jets are a 7-10 team. What do you think?

The Jets have done many new things on paper that appear to be very promising but they have yet to project that on the field in a regular season game.  Until They Prove Their Worth On the Field they can only be held to the standard they have produced over the past several years... I'll wait to see how the season plays out before making any opinions with regards to the Jets of 2021... I Will Be Hoping For The BEST. 

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Action Zachtion said:

I think some important building blocks are on the team, but now it's time to sort them out.  That's all this season is, because it's not a playoff team.  

Agreed.  This is more about developing these kids. Look if they surprise us and win more games that is terrific but realistically this team isn’t ready yet.  Like I mentioned in a previous post our secondary is very weak, Lawson went down which puts even more pressure on  the secondary, I’m excited about the future I’d our offense but most of them are either roomies or second year players so it’s hard to afk them to excel immediately 

• Upvote 1

Why wouldn’t the Jets have very low expectations in the national media? Longest streak without making the playoffs, rookie HC, OC and DC. Rookie QB with no veteran backup and complete unknowns at CB. Granted we are fans and are predisposed to view things through rose colored lenses, but the media isn’t supposed to be a fan (unless you are Greg Buttle).

I watch this video and the others that came before and come away confident this team is finally on the correct path.  The dude exudes confidence in his own abilities to teach and develop professionals.  Watch the smile at the end when discussing Zach and his approach to preparation.  I'm excited for some Jets football for the first time in a real long while.

10 hours ago, KRL said:

Who cares, predictions mean absolutely nothing.  The NY Knicks proved that 
last year:

- They had been a laughingstock for over 10+ years
- Had a "clueless" owner
- And were coming off an awful 2019-20 season

But then the "clueless" owner finally found a competent GM (Leon Rose) who
finally found a good HC (Tom Thibodeau).  That HC then:

- Developed players who were on the roster (Julius Randle, RJ Barrett, Mitchell
Robinson, Immanuel Quickley, Alec Burks etc.)
- Gave the team an identity (hard work, defense first)
- Gave players specific roles to play which allowed the team to "punch above
its weight"
- And as the season progressed they got better and made the playoffs

There are similarities between the Knicks and Jets this year, let's see if they
can have the same results

Yeah the only problem is that the knicks aren’t winning anything. I’d feel much better if they had anyone on the roster with the upside of Zach Wilson.

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I've heard all the crap from the media blowhards. There's no doubting the Jets, as a team, were complete SH*T for about 4 seasons. They had little to ZERO talent for a few seasons there. 

However, I cannot believe how many people think the Jets are still the 2-14 Jets with a new QB? Even Chris Simms who thinks Zach is the greatest thing since sliced bread is predicting the Jets will win less than 5 games. I may end up looking like a fool for saying this (it really all depends on how healthy the Jets can be), but I firmly believe the Jets are a 6 to 8 win team. I think everyone is underestimating the moves JD has made. This team is pretty much very young and new. There's almost nothing similar about last year's roster. There will be growing pains and a lack of chemistry with this team. However, there's no denying that the Jets have added quite a bit of talent to this team. Really, I think the only way the Jets will get any respect right now is when they start knocking off some big teams. I think the Jets are a 7-10 team. What do you think?

I am 100% with you. I just think with our schedule we are a 7-11 win team

11 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I was projecting 7 wins before Lawson got hurt. I see his loss costing two of those wins unless someone like JFM or Huff surprises.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RoadFan said:

5-12.  

They have no depth, anywhere.  

Alright here I actually disagree. The Jets actually have DEPTH this season whereas they never had any depth before. WR and OL are two areas where I see real, live depth for the first time I can even remember.

Building the right way, let youth play they are YOUR foundation, before Lawson and Davis went down I would agree we could squeeze 7. Without that edge presence I see 5 or 6. Hard to win in this league but Atlanta took a young defense to the SB against Brady and did very well in this same scheme until they were gassed in the second half and had no depth.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I love the youth movement long term.  Big cajones on the part of RS to try and coach his way to depth and prosperity.  Errors of youth and inexperience are expected.  If we get six wins = amazing job.

13-35 record the past 3 years. New coach, new system, new QB. One of the youngest teams in the league. 6 wins sounds about right.

11 hours ago, Snell41 said:

We have a rookie QB and 12 rookies on the team. We were 2-14 last year. Our defense looks terrifyingly bad and we’ve already lost key players for the season. News flash fellas, we’re gonna suck

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The defense will be better this year than last year but will have its ups and downs. The offense is far better than last year. Expect 7-10 wins

• Sympathy 1

The defense will be better this year than last year but will have its ups and downs. The offense is far better than last year. Expect 7-10 wins

Thats about what I expect. I understand we are starting a lot of rookies - but we also have quite a few gadget players on Offense and Defense for the first time in years. I also think that this team will play hard for its coach for the first time in a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

The bills, Miami before and even patriots once upon a time..winning fixed everything till then its bash the team untill they force you to change 

The red years two AFC championship games was great. We almost broo the mold but losing those games and the terribleness afterwards pit us back down.

I think saleh and Joe will pull us out and  am hoping for the Tony Romo future of the jets

• WTF? 1