Jets add two to Active Roster; Saleh Won’t Commit on Starting RT and CB

JetNation

Josh Adams

As their week one meeting with the Carolina Panthers approaches, Robert Saleh and the Jets have made a few minor roster moves while staying tight-lipped on their starting line-up.

We've signed S Sheldrick Redwine and RB Josh Adams to the active roster.

Additionally, we've signed S Adrian Colbert and S Jarrod Wilson to the practice squad.

? https://t.co/FcNOnX7yzm pic.twitter.com/XzmXL6nAUT

— New York Jets (@nyjets) September 6, 2021

The team has added running back Josh Adams and safety Sheldrick Redwine to the 53-man roster while signing safeties Adrian Colbert and Jarrod Wilson.

In terms of guys who were already on the roster when the day started, Saleh wouldn’t say publicly who his starters will be at right tackle or at the cornerback spot opposite Bryce Hall.

Having dumped Bless Austin, the team will likely choose between rookies Brandin Echols and Jason Pinnock for the spot Austin was expected to occupy.  On offense, the right tackle job is between incumbent George Fant and newcomer Morgan Moses, another spot where Saleh told the press that everyone would have to wait until kickoff on Sunday to find out.

The post Jets add two to Active Roster; Saleh Won’t Commit on Starting RT and CB appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/d-M1eYraiC4

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

On offense, the right tackle job is between incumbent George Fant and newcomer Morgan Moses, another spot where Saleh told the press that everyone would have to wait until kickoff on Sunday to find out.

I know that teams are preparing for either guards.  It is somewhat intriguing to keep everyone guessing at this time, not a usual approach, which makes it more interesting. I just hope that they are not second guessing their own decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

If they start Fant at RT that’s a big mistake. 

Moses has never in his life played LT

Fant is a perfect swing tackle to dress on game day 

Start Moses, dress Fant

I think Moses will start at RT but even if Fant does start, if something happens to Becton and he has to come out they can just move Fant to LT and insert Moses at RT.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

For a team that drafted S 1 and 2 not long ago it is shocking how thin our S position is.

At the minimum Maye gets franchised again.  He should get a long term contract.  Not because it’s market.  Just because we need the stability 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

We are. I don't think traditional roster makeup is such a concern when you have the new PS rules where you can activate additional guys to cover positions of need each week. That gives you a lot more flexibility in how you manage the roster.

Yeah, I don't think anybody carries 5 RBs. Have to assume all of them will play STs.

That would be like having 4 QBs on the roster lol (oh yeah, we did that too)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

For a team that drafted S 1 and 2 not long ago it is shocking how thin our S position is.

Whatever your thoughts on Ashtyn Davis' chances of making it in this league, him being on the PUP list certainly hurts.  We need to see what, if anything, he can bring to the table.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Larz said:

If they start Fant at RT that’s a big mistake. 

Moses has never in his life played LT

Fant is a perfect swing tackle to dress on game day 

Start Moses, dress Fant

I expect to see a lot of Fant as a tight end / 6th OL this year, similar to when he was at SEA.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see him catch a pass out of that formation either.

• Upvote 2