Current Roster (9/6/2021)

Sarge4Tide

13 minutes ago, Alka said:

You remember Jerome Barkum?  I loved him; he was great!!  

How about Richard Caster?  Do you remember him?

He was also great!!!  Catching passes from Joe Namath.

Caster was from my hometown, Mobile, AL while Barkum was from just down the road in Gulfport, MS.  2 of my favorite Jets from back in the day (Barkum is my avatar, BTW)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Caster was from my hometown, Mobile, AL while Barkum was from just down the road in Gulfport, MS.  2 of my favorite Jets from back in the day (Barkum is my avatar, BTW)

Mobile, AL and Gulfport, MS?  I had no idea where they were from.  And Joe Namath going to college at the University of Alabama.  

I think that both of these guys were very special players.  I think that they have been forgotten for the most part over the years, and for that I am saddened. Thanks for bringing up Jerome Barkum's name; it is nice to remember him! Both of those players in their primes could definitely start for the Jets today, no doubt!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Mobile, AL and Gulfport, MS?  I had no idea where they were from.  And Joe Namath going to college at the University of Alabama.  

I think that both of these guys were very special players.  I think that they have been forgotten for the most part over the years, and for that I am saddened. Thanks for bringing up Jerome Barkum's name; it is nice to remember him! Both of those players in their primes could definitely start for the Jets today, no doubt!

At the time, Castor was one of the fastest TE in the game if not the fastest.  I remember when Walt Michaels actually had them switch positions because Barkum was a WR who played like a TE and Castor was the opposite; a TE who played like a receiver.  The were definitely two of my favorite offensive Jet players and were probably the most exciting to watch until we drafted Wesley Walker.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

At the time, Castor was one of the fastest TE in the game if not the fastest.  I remember when Walt Michaels actually had them switch positions because Barkum was a WR who played like a TE and Castor was the opposite; a TE who played like a receiver.  The were definitely two of my favorite offensive Jet players and were probably the most exciting to watch until we drafted Wesley Walker.  

Legally blind in one eye Wesley Walker!  I will never forget being at the game where Wesley Walker caught a bomb in overtime to beat the Miami Dolphins.  It was euphoric!!!  51-45 ended up being the score!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Legally blind in one eye Wesley Walker!  I will never forget being at the game where Wesley Walker caught a bomb in overtime to beat the Miami Dolphins.  It was euphoric!!!  51-45 ended up being the score!

TRULY one of the Greatest games I have seen...

• Upvote 2