Jump to content

Jets will win Sunday against the Panthers 31-27. And a star is born!


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's right, a star is born and his name is Zach Wilson. Zach will be the star of the day and lift the Jets to their first win of 2021.  One thing that will come into play is that we have not se

I don’t know about a star is born, but I’ll take not throwing a pick 6 on your 1st ever pass.

I look forward to your Week 12 post.

Posted Images

Sam isn't very good but he's not incapable of having a good game. We've seen him do it before. The Jets are likely going to have trouble getting to the QB with Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry both out for the year and our corners are extremely young and inexperienced. 

This game is setup for Sam Darnold to play well in. 

We're going to need Sam to do Sam things and make mistakes and we need our offense to play well. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sam isn't very good but he's not incapable of having a good game. We've seen him do it before. The Jets are likely going to have trouble getting to the QB with Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry both out for the year and our corners are extremely young and inexperienced. 

This game is setup for Sam Darnold to play well in. 

We're going to need Sam to do Sam things and make mistakes and we need our offense to play well. 

Trivia question:  When was the last time Sam Darnold threw for 400 yards in a game?  Answer- never

When was the last tie Sam Darnold threw for 350 yards?  Answer- never

How many 300 yard games did Sam Darnold have last year?  Answer- none.

Well, in 2018 and 2019, how many total games did Sam have where he threw for 300 yards?  Answer- 2 games in 2018, and 2 games in 2019.

Sam is certainly capable of having a good game, but Sam is not a quarterback that should be feared in terms of racking up yards in the passing game.  I am not underestimating Sam, and I know that he is capable of leading his team to a win, but not having a history of being prolific in accumulating passing yards is something that I feel will play into the Jets hands, especially having a young and inexperienced secondary.  If the Jets can apply pressure on Sam up the middle, where the Jets strength is on defense, I think that can make a difference in the outcome of the game.

I actually believe that the outcome of the game will depend the success or failure of the running game of the Panthers.  If the Panthers get over 150 total rushing yards, then the Jets will lose.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

My prediction is, this will be your last prediction. 

Way too much fire power for what is destined to be the leagues worst D to stop.  No pass rush, no corners vs. that offense?  Sam can throw 2 picks and they're still going to blow us out. 

Brian Burns, Hassan Reddick on the edge.  Brown in the middle.  Horn and Bouye on the outside w/ Chin and Griffin flying around.  Not going to be an easy day for a rookie QB with a rookie play caller and a rookie HC with a rookie DC.

Oh and for the 100th time, if you're a Jets fan, you know without a shadow of a doubt Sam and Robby have career days.  It was written in stone the day this game was announced.  Laugh at Sam Darnold all you want, he sucks but this is the same dude who took a terrible winless team into L.A. and won.  Same dude backed it up vs. the Browns the next week.   He's going to go off.  

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Thumb Down 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My prediction is, this will be your last prediction. 

Way too much fire power for what is destined to be the leagues worst D to stop.  No pass rush, no corners vs. that offense?  Sam can throw 2 picks and they're still going to blow us out. 

Brian Burns, Hassan Reddick on the edge.  Brown in the middle.  Horn and Bouye on the outside w/ Chin and Griffin flying around.  Not going to be an easy day for a rookie QB with a rookie play caller and a rookie HC with a rookie DC.

Oh and for the 100th time, if you're a Jets fan, you know without a shadow of a doubt Sam and Robby have career days.  It was written in stone the day this game was announced.  Laugh at Sam Darnold all you want, he sucks but this is the same dude who took a terrible winless team into L.A. and won.  Same dude backed it up vs. the Browns the next week.   He's going to go off.  

 

Robby 189, 2TDs

 

im not sure id say sam is going to go off, but I not expecting a W on Sun. I just want to see a team that looks semi-competent and nothing like the last 2 wasted years with Gase.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My prediction is, this will be your last prediction. 

Way too much fire power for what is destined to be the leagues worst D to stop.  No pass rush, no corners vs. that offense?  Sam can throw 2 picks and they're still going to blow us out. 

Brian Burns, Hassan Reddick on the edge.  Brown in the middle.  Horn and Bouye on the outside w/ Chin and Griffin flying around.  Not going to be an easy day for a rookie QB with a rookie play caller and a rookie HC with a rookie DC.

Oh and for the 100th time, if you're a Jets fan, you know without a shadow of a doubt Sam and Robby have career days.  It was written in stone the day this game was announced.  Laugh at Sam Darnold all you want, he sucks but this is the same dude who took a terrible winless team into L.A. and won.  Same dude backed it up vs. the Browns the next week.   He's going to go off.  

 

If this is my last prediction thread for the season, then I guess it will be a win for the board!  lol

Blowing us out, huh?  That is your prediction?  

I love that in 5 days and about 5 hours, we will find out, won't we?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My prediction is, this will be your last prediction. 

Way too much fire power for what is destined to be the leagues worst D to stop.  No pass rush, no corners vs. that offense?  Sam can throw 2 picks and they're still going to blow us out. 

Brian Burns, Hassan Reddick on the edge.  Brown in the middle.  Horn and Bouye on the outside w/ Chin and Griffin flying around.  Not going to be an easy day for a rookie QB with a rookie play caller and a rookie HC with a rookie DC.

Oh and for the 100th time, if you're a Jets fan, you know without a shadow of a doubt Sam and Robby have career days.  It was written in stone the day this game was announced.  Laugh at Sam Darnold all you want, he sucks but this is the same dude who took a terrible winless team into L.A. and won.  Same dude backed it up vs. the Browns the next week.   He's going to go off.  

 

Defense may be shaky but will be far from the league’s worst. What are the odds that a hot coordinator would come in as head coach and have the worst unit in the league on his side of the ball?  I know Gase did it but 2x in a row?  Even on the Jets that can’t happen. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alka said:

If this is my last prediction thread for the season, then I guess it will be a win for the board!  lol

Blowing us out, huh?  That is your prediction?  

I love that in 5 days and about 5 hours, we will find out, won't we?

Unfortunately, yes, I see a blowout coming.  31-10 would be my best guess at the score.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Even Sam Darnold can torch the secondary we are trotting out there. 

This is where it begins and ends unfortunately. 

I get what your saying, but let me spin it another way, okay?

Headline:  "The 5-11 Panthers from 2020 with the quarterback in Sam Darnold who the Jets jettisoned from poor play, torches the Jets secondary for an easy victory"

Look, the Jets might lose the game, but us Jets fans are so beaten down with disappointment from the last 10 years, that we fail to see any hope, where hope does in fact exist.

This game will be very competitive, and the game will not be a blowout for either team, okay?

I predict a hard fought 21-17 win, and if I am wrong, it won't be because the lowly Panthers with Sam Darnold blew out the Jets.  It would be a game where the Jets had their chances.  

And if the Jets do get blown out in this game, then a top 5 pick for the draft in 2022 will become a distinct possibility, as predictions have already started.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Defense may be shaky but will be far from the league’s worst. What are the odds that a hot coordinator would come in as head coach and have the worst unit in the league on his side of the ball?  I know Gase did it but 2x in a row?  Even on the Jets that can’t happen. 

I put nothing past this team when it comes to bad sh*t happening.  lol

I do see your point though, it's not common.  However, this is arguably the least talented defensive I've ever seen assembled on paper and I just dont think smoke and mirrors are going to get it done.  Especially not week 1.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alka said:

That's right, a star is born and his name is Zach Wilson. Zach will be the star of the day and lift the Jets to their first win of 2021. 

One thing that will come into play is that we have not seen the real Jets team yet, and that Jets team will highlight a supercharged Quinnen Williams and Rankins clogging up the middle, and a surprising pass rush from Shaq Lawson and Huff around the edge on defense.  Yes, the Jets cornerbacks will get singed if not torched, but will keep things in front of them, and look for opportunities against the sometimes indecisive Darnold. 

On offense, you will see a very effective running game with fresh legs from different running backs and a highly motivated left side of the offensive line opening up holes for the running game to flourish.

And no game is complete without a Sam Darnold interception, which will occur at some point in the game.

Note: A couple of years ago I started threads predicting each Jets game, and I got about 5 games in a row correct.  My pledge is the first game I get wrong, I will stop my predictions for the balance of the year.  So, If I'm wrong on this game, you won't see any more prediction threads from me from the rest of this year. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, I guess.

I'm riding with you because your prediction is just about the same as my fantasy outcome. So, why not.

Go Jets!

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

These Alka prediction threads are some of the most cringy threads that get created on JN and that's really saying something. The worst thing that ever happened was his first prediction thread being right. Now he thinks he's Nostradamus or Mrs. Cleo or something.

 

"cough, cough"dwc "Cough Cough"

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alka said:

Trivia question:  When was the last time Sam Darnold threw for 400 yards in a game?  Answer- never

When was the last tie Sam Darnold threw for 350 yards?  Answer- never

How many 300 yard games did Sam Darnold have last year?  Answer- none.

Well, in 2018 and 2019, how many total games did Sam have where he threw for 300 yards?  Answer- 2 games in 2018, and 2 games in 2019.

Sam is certainly capable of having a good game, but Sam is not a quarterback that should be feared in terms of racking up yards in the passing game.  I am not underestimating Sam, and I know that he is capable of leading his team to a win, but not having a history of being prolific in accumulating passing yards is something that I feel will play into the Jets hands, especially having a young and inexperienced secondary.  If the Jets can apply pressure on Sam up the middle, where the Jets strength is on defense, I think that can make a difference in the outcome of the game.

I actually believe that the outcome of the game will depend the success or failure of the running game of the Panthers.  If the Panthers get over 150 total rushing yards, then the Jets will lose.

Agreed. But he doesn't have to light the Jets up to play well against them. The Jets secondary is going to drive people on this board (including myself) crazy all year with their inability to stop the pass IMO. 

I could just see Sam playing very well in this game by having a clean pocket to throw from and receivers running free all game long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jethead said:

We may lose but your take on the quality of our defense is just silly.

Our DLine is top 25%. Our MLB is very talented. We have 2 proven Safeties. True, we have a lot of kiddos at the other positions but  worst ever, just a mindless, emotional statement.

First off, I didnt say worst ever.  I said worst I've seen on paper.  And well, I'm not backing off from statement.  You have 1 somewhat elite player  in Q. Will and the rest is JAG mania.  Maye is good, not great player they have no interest in resigning.  Joyner is old and slow and often injured and has created 4 turnovers in 6 years the last one coming 3 years ago.  lol  Mosley hasnt played Football in 2 years.  

It's really bad.   The only team on paper that I think might be equally as bad is the Bengals.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Sam isn't very good but he's not incapable of having a good game. We've seen him do it before. The Jets are likely going to have trouble getting to the QB with Carl Lawson and Vinny Curry both out for the year and our corners are extremely young and inexperienced. 

This game is setup for Sam Darnold to play well in. 

We're going to need Sam to do Sam things and make mistakes and we need our offense to play well. 

Saleh and ulbirch have also had since May to prep schemes for this game. I expect a little more from coaching on openers 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The panthers may win, but it won't be the offensive banquet for Carolina that some think it will be. The Jets will probably be run heavy, which should wear down their light pass rushers, as it chews up the clock and limits Carolina's time of possession. The Jets D will get a rush up the middle on Sam (I don't think the panthers line is any good is it?) which will rattle him quickly. RA is fast.... That's about it. He isn't some amazing route runner. He isn't Gronk toying with smaller guys. He's a fast deep route guy, and you can scheme for that.  

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know why we as Jets fans become so optimistic all the time. We know how this story goes. Sam is gonna throw 5 TD’s, Wilson is going to throw 4 picks, and for the next 17 weeks we’ll want to fire Joe D and send Zach with him. This isn’t to say Sam D is or ever will be good, it’s just the way it goes with the Jets. I expect nothing less.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Again I think this is hyperbole. The cornerbacks, yes, untested with low draft pedigree and no experience. Two of the linebackers as well. The other 7 players include a perennial all pro LB, two good safeties, decent defensive ends and very good tackles. I think with good coaching this unit can be anywhere from below average to good, but not all time bad. Anyway, we’ll begin to find out pretty soon

It might be hyperbolic to you but it is honestly how I feel.  If Lawson, Davis and Curry were all healthy and they didnt just cut the only CB with any experience and we had any idea what Mosley will be, then maybe I'd back off that statement but the fact is they're not available and we legit have no clue what Mosley is going to like (2 years away from the game is a long ass time) and we dont have single corner who has played a down in the NFL.  Sorry, I just dont think 2 JAG safeties make it suddenly good.  This is also coming from a board (maybe not you specifically) that has argued for years how safeties are not valuable.  Throw in a DC who has never called a game and I'm sorry, this is just disastrous unit.  

I hope for our sake, I'm here after the game eating a heavy helping of crow but unfortunately, I just dont see it that way.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Plot twist. The Jets win 31-27 with 28 points due to turnovers. Zach Wilson goes 10-15 for 157 yards, no TDs and 1 interception. Brandon Echols has two interceptions, and a forced fumble that is recovered by Marcus Maye. Coach Saleh gets penalized for going on the field after a bad call. Call me Brostradamus. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alka said:

Note: A couple of years ago I started threads predicting each Jets game, and I got about 5 games in a row correct.  My pledge is the first game I get wrong, I will stop my predictions for the balance of the year.  So, If I'm wrong on this game, you won't see any more prediction threads from me from the rest of this year. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, I guess.

It's not that difficult to guess 5 losses for that squad.  Heck, I was 14-2 in my predictions last year.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

It might be hyperbolic to you but it is honestly how I feel.  If Lawson, Davis and Curry were all healthy and they didnt just cut the only CB with any experience and we had any idea what Mosley will be, then maybe I'd back off that statement but the fact is they're not available and we legit have no clue what Mosley is going to like (2 years away from the game is a long ass time) and we dont have single corner who has played a down in the NFL.  Sorry, I just dont think 2 JAG safeties make it suddenly good.  This is also coming from a board (maybe not you specifically) that has argued for years how safeties are not valuable.  Throw in a DC who has never called a game and I'm sorry, this is just disastrous unit.  

I hope for our sake, I'm here after the game eating a heavy helping of crow but unfortunately, I just dont see it that way.

 

Well unfortunately everything you say makes perfect sense but like Saleh, I’m a bit of an optimist. We are going to see soon either way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

 

I hope for our sake, I'm here after the game eating a heavy helping of crow ...

 

Oh, don't worry, just get the knife and fork ready. The Jets defense ranked 11th against the run last year, they've improved the defensive line since then, and they're going from Greg Williams to Saleh/Ulbrich. They still have a ways to go, but "worst defense on paper I've ever seen"? You're delirious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alka said:

Trivia question:  When was the last time Sam Darnold threw for 400 yards in a game?  Answer- never

When was the last tie Sam Darnold threw for 350 yards?  Answer- never

How many 300 yard games did Sam Darnold have last year?  Answer- none.

Well, in 2018 and 2019, how many total games did Sam have where he threw for 300 yards?  Answer- 2 games in 2018, and 2 games in 2019.

Sam is certainly capable of having a good game, but Sam is not a quarterback that should be feared in terms of racking up yards in the passing game.  I am not underestimating Sam, and I know that he is capable of leading his team to a win, but not having a history of being prolific in accumulating passing yards is something that I feel will play into the Jets hands, especially having a young and inexperienced secondary.  If the Jets can apply pressure on Sam up the middle, where the Jets strength is on defense, I think that can make a difference in the outcome of the game.

I actually believe that the outcome of the game will depend the success or failure of the running game of the Panthers.  If the Panthers get over 150 total rushing yards, then the Jets will lose.

 

He's also only had three games with 3+ TDs in his 38-game career.  Meanwhile, rookie Justin Herbert had SIX of those last season.  

Pathetic.

People can bet on a "career game" for Darnold all they want.  It's a bad bet.  Even in a "revenge game", at home, against a bad/young secondary, no one should ever bet on Sam Darnold.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the best roster Darnold has played with so he may look better than any time with the Jets especially with a lot of questions about the Jets secondary. I don't think you should walk into the game thinking this is a lock. 

It's going to be up to the coaching staff to scheme around the lack of stars in the secondary and for the offense to turn the game into a shootout which is honestly asking a lot out of a brand new head coach and brand new QB. 

I am optimistic about Sunday a win. Both teams are coming off lousy seasons with big questions at QB. More than anything this game probably comes down to which QB carries the day. I'm not sure I would want to bank on Darnold in that situation given what we've seen in the past and how little exposure he had in the preseason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...