Jets will win Sunday against the Panthers 31-27. And a star is born!

Alka

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I really dont know what the Panthers end up being this year because my brain tells me Sam is a bust but the Jets fan in me cant help but be nervous that Sam is a different player for Rhule.  Like, I really think Adam Gase was the absolute worst hire possible for Sam.  The worst.  And I dont know to what extent he really factors into Sam's poor play.  I see Tannehill and while Sam never showed any promise like that, I'm still nervous.  Maybe I shouldnt be but this is the Jets and until proven otherwise, I'm going to be pessimistic about his team. 

That said, end of year records doesnt really matter in a head to head match up.  The NFL is all about match ups and on paper, I think the Panthers are significantly more talented than the NY Jets.  Significantly.  And its at positions that win you football games.  We're just all fixated on Darnold and assume you'll see what we've seen for 3 years but I just think, Jets.

Giving 5 points is basically, what?  saying the Jets have 25% to win, so sure, not impossible but not also very likely.

Agree with a lot of what you said, and I do think the Jets have some things in their favor as well. Our d line should feast on that panthers o-line. It’s really bad, it could derail their whole game. Stop the run, put pressure on Sam, and this game is winnable. That said, I agree with the Jets being under dogs heading into this matchup. 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, he saw the scheme last year and that scheme had much more talent then the Jets and they had what with 4 years of experience in it?  He went 21/35 for 175 and had that ridiculous Berrios TD.  Which is a good day for Sam Darnold with a far far far inferior team.  Frank Gore carried the ball 21 times for 63 yards.  lmfao.  I know they suffered some injuries that game but he wasnt rattled or bad that day for a change.  The D was just terrible that day.  

Again, we're all fixated on Sam...it's not just about him, it's about match ups and the fact the Jets are going on the road w/ a rookie HC/OC/DC/QB.  Wilson hasnt taken a snap in the NFL, Sam Darnold took a winless Jets team on the road and beat the Rams.  He can win this game vs. this D.  Otherwise, Horn/Bouye/Pride Jr. could be an incredibly strong CB group this year and wont be easy to shake.  Adding Reddick gives them 2 edge guys and unfortunately, they're the types that give Becton problems w/ a rookie LG next to him?  I really really dont like Derrick Brown vs. Connor McGovern.   Brown is a monster and McGovern sucks.   2 solid TE options vs. a MLB we havent seen play in 2 years.  While I like our DL, I like what they did at OL.  Their WR's vs. our corners is huge advantage to them.  And then yes, CMC, especially with the new rule changes vs. inexperienced corners, we could get destroyed on the outside.

Just so you know, Pride JR is out for the year and Bouye will be missing the first few games. They also cut Raashan Melvin.  Donte Jackson is actually the only CB on their team with NFL experience! Sound familiar? Dont get me wrong Horn is going to be legit. But its fair to assume he will struggle initially. I think both team's cornerbacks will struggle. I do really like Saleh's/Ulbrich's Double A Gap scheme on 3rd downs which I think will get us off the field a lot even with our CB play. Watching enough of Sam through the years I do think he's going to struggle vs that look because pressure can come from so many different areas. He's not great at reading blitz looks, setting the protections properly and obviously not great vs the pressure in general.

Speaking of pressure, I think youre underrating Sheldon Rankins big time. Rankins and Q are going to go wild vs that horrific Panthers O Line. Besides Morton, those other 4 out there are like Jets 2019 bad. We know how Sam looked that year even with Robby and Crowder. That interior pressure is going to win us this game. We're going to show blitz a lot and try to confuse that O Line which I think we will be able to do. Mug the gaps to avoid them from being able to freely double Q. If they do want to double Quinnen we're going to blitz up the middle with the same look and get free runners at Sam. We know how Sam looks when that happens ? .

Its all about winning both sides of the trenches and having better QB play and I strongly think we win both of those. I know youre concerned with the Panthers pass rush. On pure pass downs we will be in big trouble trying to block Reddick and Burns. But I'll say this.. The Panthers are in big trouble themselves with our glaring mismatch. And that mismatch is Becton and Moses against Burns and Reddick in the run game. We can mediate their pass rush with a good run game and I honestly dont see how Carolina can stop our run with Burns and Reddick pinning their ears back every play. Its just not going to happen if LaFleur is smart with his playcalling. We will tire them out and that will open up the playaction game. If we can stay in manageable run/pass downs and barely get into long down situations we are going to be fine. Their Run Defense in general is not scary at all to me.

Panthers on the other hand I really dont think they will be able to do much vs our D Line. Its not like they can just simply run the ball on us on early downs like you think they will be able to because of a preseason game you watched. Q, Foley, and Shaq Lawson in there is going to be night and day to what you saw vs the Packers. We cant let opposing O linemen get to the 2nd level on our small LBs. I dont think thats going to happen often Sunday. Q, Foley, and Shaq are all excellent run stuffers. Going against that Oline even with CMac I think we're going to stop the inside run well and force them to have to run outside to Morton's side which will quickly become predictable. CMac will get loose on some runs for sure and will definitely be a problem with check down passes in the flats vs our zone. Its going to come down to us hopefully being able to tackle him well enough and limit the YAC. Praying its Mosley or Nas on him and not Sherwood.

Every position that looks like a weakness for the Jets I look at the other side and they have a similar weakness. Like our LBs for example are very concerning but I mean who the hell do the Panthers have at Linebacker? Shaq Thompson is washed man. We still do have Mosley at the end of the day and I think he still has a lot of gas left in the tank.

Moral of my story... We are winning this game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

On 9/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, JiFapono said:

My prediction is, this will be your last prediction. 

Way too much fire power for what is destined to be the leagues worst D to stop.  No pass rush, no corners vs. that offense?  Sam can throw 2 picks and they're still going to blow us out. 

Brian Burns, Hassan Reddick on the edge.  Brown in the middle.  Horn and Bouye on the outside w/ Chin and Griffin flying around.  Not going to be an easy day for a rookie QB with a rookie play caller and a rookie HC with a rookie DC.

Oh and for the 100th time, if you're a Jets fan, you know without a shadow of a doubt Sam and Robby have career days.  It was written in stone the day this game was announced.  Laugh at Sam Darnold all you want, he sucks but this is the same dude who took a terrible winless team into L.A. and won.  Same dude backed it up vs. the Browns the next week.   He's going to go off.  

So based on nothing more than being a paranoid, "we suck", Jets fans playing Nostradamus.  

We're going to be the leagues worst offense and the Panthers have too much firepower?  Never heard Sam described that way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

i see all this knocks on the defense. and you might be right. but what if some of these rookies were starting and who are going to play on defense can really play?

i know we all expect rookies to struggle in there first game but hear me out....

what was the biggest knock on the 2020 draft class? none of them played except for Becton. Mims and Davis miss alot of time. Clark and i think Zunega never played because of injury. Perine also miss most of the season. 

this year all of our rookies made the team and are healthy ( knock on wood ). we will see now if JD knows how to draft. maybe some of these kids on defense play well. who says they have to struggle for X amount of games until they play well. 

the OP said a star will be born on Sunday. well hopefully it will be more than one. 

44 minutes ago, Litez said:

Just so you know, Pride JR is out for the year and Bouye will be missing the first few games. They also cut Raashan Melvin.  Donte Jackson is actually the only CB on their team with NFL experience! Sound familiar? Dont get me wrong Horn is going to be legit. But its fair to assume he will struggle initially. I think both team's cornerbacks will struggle. I do really like Saleh's/Ulbrich's Double A Gap scheme on 3rd downs which I think will get us off the field a lot even with our CB play. Watching enough of Sam through the years I do think he's going to struggle vs that look because pressure can come from so many different areas. He's not great at reading blitz looks, setting the protections properly and obviously not great vs the pressure in general.

Speaking of pressure, I think youre underrating Sheldon Rankins big time. Rankins and Q are going to go wild vs that horrific Panthers O Line. Besides Morton, those other 4 out there are like Jets 2019 bad. We know how Sam looked that year even with Robby and Crowder. That interior pressure is going to win us this game. We're going to show blitz a lot and try to confuse that O Line which I think we will be able to do. Mug the gaps to avoid them from being able to freely double Q. If they do want to double Quinnen we're going to blitz up the middle with the same look and get free runners at Sam. We know how Sam looks when that happens ? .

Its all about winning both sides of the trenches and having better QB play and I strongly think we win both of those. I know youre concerned with the Panthers pass rush. On pure pass downs we will be in big trouble trying to block Reddick and Burns. But I'll say this.. The Panthers are in big trouble themselves with our glaring mismatch. And that mismatch is Becton and Moses against Burns and Reddick in the run game. We can mediate their pass rush with a good run game and I honestly dont see how Carolina can stop our run with Burns and Reddick pinning their ears back every play. Its just not going to happen if LaFleur is smart with his playcalling. We will tire them out and that will open up the playaction game. If we can stay in manageable run/pass downs and barely get into long down situations we are going to be fine. Their Run Defense in general is not scary at all to me.

Panthers on the other hand I really dont think they will be able to do much vs our D Line. Its not like they can just simply run the ball on us on early downs like you think they will be able to because of a preseason game you watched. Q, Foley, and Shaq Lawson in there is going to be night and day to what you saw vs the Packers. We cant let opposing O linemen get to the 2nd level on our small LBs. I dont think thats going to happen often Sunday. Q, Foley, and Shaq are all excellent run stuffers. Going against that Oline even with CMac I think we're going to stop the inside run well and force them to have to run outside to Morton's side which will quickly become predictable. CMac will get loose on some runs for sure and will definitely be a problem with check down passes in the flats vs our zone. Its going to come down to us hopefully being able to tackle him well enough and limit the YAC. Praying its Mosley or Nas on him and not Sherwood.

Every position that looks like a weakness for the Jets I look at the other side and they have a similar weakness. Like our LBs for example are very concerning but I mean who the hell do the Panthers have at Linebacker? Shaq Thompson is washed man. We still do have Mosley at the end of the day and I think he still has a lot of gas left in the tank.

Hope you’re right.  Good post.  I didn’t know Bouye and Pride were out.  Definitely changed the complexion a little but not enough to move the line, clearly.  We will see soon enough.  Love to come back and eat crow on this one.  It would be great to start the Saleh/Wilson era off with a win. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Litez said:

You would think so....and then the game is played and they fail to get to the QB.   We've seen this song and dance before.

Also, you have to take into account their opposing WR's.   All I read here is how the RUN (mainly CMC) of Carolina's would be stopped.  

Sure the Jets are historically good against the run but with the Weapons they(Panthers) have at Wide Receiver, they won't run all that much, imo.  

I'm not confident of the Jets chances in this game.

Especially when it's :

1.) On the Road

2.) Against former players (and we know how that works out for the Jets......Badly)

and

3.) Against DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Terrace Marshall Jr.

Would be great to be wrong but I just don't see the Jets COMPETING, let alone winning this game.  

I do think the Jets get better as the season rolls along but in Game 1?  On the road?    Just not seeing it, you know?

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we lose the game too but it will be because of Christian McCaffrey and a splash of DJ Moore, not Darnold or Robby Anderson.  Plus a rookie QB and HC going up against a pretty good defense, of course.

I'm thinking the Panthers win in ugly fashion, 16-13, or something like that.  

Okay so instead of Robby killing the Jets, it's CMC and DJ.     Don't forget that they have a good-looking Rookie WR in Terrace Marshal Jr. who seems to be developing quite the chemistry with Sam.   They also have an interesting TightEnd in Dan Arnold as well that Sam has as a Safety Valve(another one if CMC is not available).    In other words, it's Pick-Your-Poison.    

Jets D-line HAS TO generate a pass-rush to get to Sam 'cause otherwise, he can pick and choose who to throw the ball to.

And sorry to say but I just don't see the final score be that ugly.    I think a 38-17 final in favor of Carolina looks more realistic unfortunately. Meh.  ?

On 9/7/2021 at 10:21 AM, Alka said:

Trivia question:  When was the last time Sam Darnold threw for 400 yards in a game?  Answer- never

When was the last tie Sam Darnold threw for 350 yards?  Answer- never

How many 300 yard games did Sam Darnold have last year?  Answer- none.

Well, in 2018 and 2019, how many total games did Sam have where he threw for 300 yards?  Answer- 2 games in 2018, and 2 games in 2019.

Sam is certainly capable of having a good game, but Sam is not a quarterback that should be feared in terms of racking up yards in the passing game.  I am not underestimating Sam, and I know that he is capable of leading his team to a win, but not having a history of being prolific in accumulating passing yards is something that I feel will play into the Jets hands, especially having a young and inexperienced secondary.  If the Jets can apply pressure on Sam up the middle, where the Jets strength is on defense, I think that can make a difference in the outcome of the game.

I actually believe that the outcome of the game will depend the success or failure of the running game of the Panthers.  If the Panthers get over 150 total rushing yards, then the Jets will lose.

I think a better question would be :  Does Carolina need Sam Darnold to throw for 400 yards to help them win?  I'm not sure they do.  *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, Vin said:

Okay so instead of Robby killing the Jets, it's CMC and DJ.     Don't forget that they have a good-looking Rookie WR in Terrace Marshal Jr. who seems to be developing quite the chemistry with Sam.   They also have an interesting TightEnd in Dan Arnold as well that Sam has as a Safety Valve(another one if CMC is not available).    In other words, it's Pick-Your-Poison.    

Jets D-line HAS TO generate a pass-rush to get to Sam 'cause otherwise, he can pick and choose who to throw the ball to.

And sorry to say but I just don't see the final score be that ugly.    I think a 38-17 final in favor of Carolina looks more realistic unfortunately. Meh.  ?

I think a better question would be :  Does Carolina need Sam Darnold to throw for 400 yards to help them win?  I'm not sure they do.  *shrugs*

I do like Marshall, but rookie receivers tend to struggle in their rookie seasons, especially early on.  I'm not too worried about him in Week 1.  Dan Arnold is fine but he's not in the top half of TE's in the league.  So with this coaching staff running a Cover 3 you just hope to contain Moore and not let Anderson get over the top.  McCaffrey will run all over us no matter what we do, that's for sure, but whatevs.  That's why he's one of the game's best weapons.

This is a nice offense but its not elite.  If the Darnold-led Panthers put up 38 points it will only be the 4th time in his career an offense he leads puts up such a point total (all of the others occurred in his rookie year in 2018).  I wouldn't bank on it no matter how "loaded" you believe the Panthers offense to be or how bad you believe the Jets D is.  

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I do like Marshall, but rookie receivers tend to struggle in their rookie seasons, especially early on.  I'm not too worried about him in Week 1.  Dan Arnold is fine but he's not in the top half of TE's in the league.  So with this coaching staff running a Cover 3 you just hope to contain Moore and not let Anderson get over the top.  McCaffrey will run all over us no matter what we do, that's for sure, but whatevs.  That's why he's one of the game's best weapons.

This is a nice offense but its not elite.  If the Darnold-led Panthers put up 38 points it will only be the 4th time in his career an offense he leads puts up such a point total (all of the others occurred in his rookie year in 2018).  I wouldn't bank on it no matter how "loaded" you believe the Panthers offense to be or how bad you believe the Jets D is.  

Rookie Year WITHOUT the "QB Whisperer Extraordinaire" Adam Gase, mind you.

He's no longer with Gase so it could happen again.

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

Rookie Year WITHOUT the "QB Whisperer Extraordinaire" Adam Gase, mind you.

He's no longer with Gase so it could happen again.

Yes, I'm sure he's more than capable of ranking as QB32 like he did in 2018 rather than QB36.

Note the point totals his offense put up in the other games in his rookie year:  12, 17, 12, 34, 17, 10, 6, 10, 13, 22, 27, 22, 3. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, I'm sure he's more than capable of ranking as QB32 like he did in 2018 rather than QB36.

Note the point totals his offense put up in the other games in his rookie year:  12, 17, 12, 34, 17, 10, 6, 10, 13, 22, 27, 22, 3. 

Note that those point totals don't mean jack-sh*t right now with him in Carolina.

In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the offense he'll be in will score over 30+ more often than not.

And unfortunately for us, that will happen in Game 1...unless the "D" generates a solid pass-rush.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Vin said:

Note that those point totals don't mean jack-sh*t right now with him in Carolina.

In fact, I am going to go out on a limb and say that the offense he'll be in will score over 30+ more often than not.

So you think he's going to routinely do in Carolina what he only did a handful of times in nearly 40 starts here?

Wow, you must really think DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are a Randy Moss/Megatron duo or something.  

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you think he's going to routinely do in Carolina what he only did a handful of times in nearly 40 starts here?

Wow, you must really think DJ Moore and Robby Anderson are a Randy Moss/Megatron duo or something.  

No but I think DJ and Robby are better than the flotsam he rolled with last season.   Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Which I believe was Crowder and......Door #3.

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I too think Sam Darnold is garbage but comparing anything Sam did here on the least talented team in Football with by far, bar none the worst offensive casts and coaches in the league while Sam was our QB, seems futile.  Not to say he's going to completely reverse his fortune but he is in so much better of a position right now then he ever has been before, it's just not comparable.  Truthfully.  Not just the talent but the coaching too; lame duck Bowles w/ a OC who was missing for 8 years to Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains?  We literally sh*t on this kid the second he entered the building and asked him to work his way out of it.  It really shouldnt be a surprise the kid never developed.  I legit dont think I've ever seen a franchise do less to support a their "franchise QB" then the Jets did with Sam.  

I'm not saying he will, but a coach like Rhule w/ Brady as his OC, is night and day to what he experienced here and it's not crazy to think the Sam could feast on a D like the Jets.  As sh*tty as he is, he took a winless Jets team on the road to beat the Rams last year.  To think he's not good enough to beat the Jets in week 1 because of his career with the Jets, is just foolish. 

21 hours ago, Vin said:

You would think so....and then the game is played and they fail to get to the QB.   We've seen this song and dance before.

Also, you have to take into account their opposing WR's.   All I read here is how the RUN (mainly CMC) of Carolina's would be stopped.  

Sure the Jets are historically good against the run but with the Weapons they(Panthers) have at Wide Receiver, they won't run all that much, imo.  

I'm not confident of the Jets chances in this game.

Especially when it's :

1.) On the Road

2.) Against former players (and we know how that works out for the Jets......Badly)

and

3.) Against DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Terrace Marshall Jr.

Would be great to be wrong but I just don't see the Jets COMPETING, let alone winning this game.  

I do think the Jets get better as the season rolls along but in Game 1?  On the road?    Just not seeing it, you know?

I respect your opinion, but your main point I reject outright.

You say that the Jets won't even be able to compete in this game.  Help me understand it from the following perspective:

1. Many experts say the game is won in the trenches.  The Panthers will be starting a center in Elflein that we got rid of, and they have a backup guard.  In addition, their starting right tackle is in cover-19 protocol, and will not play in this upcoming game.  The Jets, however, will have their starting 5 offensive linemen on the field, and their running backs, though not stars, are all healthy and ready to roll behind Becton and Vera Tucker and Moses.  I say a huge edge goes to the Jets.

On defense, Rankins and Q Williams will be starting up the middle, and Fatukasi and John  Franklin Myers are all healthy and ready to go.  I believe that the Jets have the edge on the defensive line as well.

I am not trying to tell you anything here but that the Jets will absolutely be competitive in this game. You believing the Jets will not be able to compete in this game is false, and your reasoning is greatly flawed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I ... um ... actually think the Jets win this game. Feels weird to say it, but the Carolina D isn't particularly great, averaged less than 2 sacks per game last season (fewer than we got, amazingly), and they aren't exactly stacked at CB. They have Horn, then it's Donte Jackson, Keith Taylor (5th rounder this year) Stantley Thomas-Oliver (last year's 7th rounder), and Myles Hartsfield (a UDFA from last year).  That's not a good setup for dealing with a team as deep at WR as we are; even if Horn and Jackson are great, we're going to go three and 4 wide fairly often. And our running game should do well against them, too; they gave up 4.7 YPA last year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This. The Jets' Cover-3 is tailor-made to hold down the deep balls and require the Panthers to execute long, sustained drives. If Darnold can do that without making mistakes, more power to em, but it won't be quick strikes. And I'm not sure about CMac running all over us. He's a great back, but that OL isn't great and our DL is going to be a very tough matchup for them

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Sam has great talent around him and his going to be facing what I think is a potential bottom 2 NFL D.  Still think we go toe to toe with them because of Zach Wilson.  

This is the first game since we drafted Sam that we have a QB who doesn't look awkward throwing the football.  

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Vin said:

No but I think DJ and Robby are better than the flotsam he rolled with last season.   Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Which I believe was Crowder and......Door #3.

So that somehow translates to Darnold, the worst QB in the NFL 3 years straight, routinely putting up 30+ points a game?  OK then.

If only we could have caught a glimpse of how Sam Darnold performs with Robby Anderson as one of his top receivers.  Then we'd have a clue of how that tandem would do together.  If only.  

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I too think Sam Darnold is garbage but comparing anything Sam did here on the least talented team in Football with by far, bar none the worst offensive casts and coaches in the league while Sam was our QB, seems futile.  Not to say he's going to completely reverse his fortune but he is in so much better of a position right now then he ever has been before, it's just not comparable.  Truthfully.  Not just the talent but the coaching too; lame duck Bowles w/ a OC who was missing for 8 years to Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains?  We literally sh*t on this kid the second he entered the building and asked him to work his way out of it.  It really shouldnt be a surprise the kid never developed.  I legit dont think I've ever seen a franchise do less to support a their "franchise QB" then the Jets did with Sam.  

I'm not saying he will, but a coach like Rhule w/ Brady as his OC, is night and day to what he experienced here and it's not crazy to think the Sam could feast on a D like the Jets.  As sh*tty as he is, he took a winless Jets team on the road to beat the Rams last year.  To think he's not good enough to beat the Jets in week 1 because of his career with the Jets, is just foolish. 

How many times do I have to say I think the Panthers win this game?

Where do you think Darnold will finish as a QB in 2021?  I'm saying he'll escape the cellar but will be no better than QB25.  No one who argues Darnold's new situation will hep him a lot seem to be taking a tangible stance on how they think Darnold will perform in this better situation.  This idea that we have "no clue" is hogwash.  We know what Darnold is and isn't after 38 starts.  We know he's better than Luke Falk but not as good as the 35-year old corpse of Joe Flacco.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How many times do I have to say I think the Panthers win this game?

Where do you think Darnold will finish as a QB in 2021?  I'm saying he'll escape the cellar but will be no better than QB25.  No one who argues Darnold's new situation will hep him a lot seem to be taking a tangible stance on how they think Darnold will perform in this better situation.  This idea that we have "no clue" is hogwash.  We know what Darnold is and isn't after 38 starts.  

Didnt realize you felt that way, the overwhelming feeling I'm getting from the board is Sam = W and I think it's not that simple.  

I think your stance is probably realistic.  It's hard to imagine him making a jump into the top half of the league.  But and I'm sorry you feel it's hogwash but I have no clue.  I think he'll be better, how much?  I dont know, not sure it ultimately matters.  All I'm really talking about is week 1.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So that somehow translates to Darnold, the worst QB in the NFL 3 years straight, routinely putting up 30+ points a game?  OK then.

If only we could have caught a glimpse of how Sam Darnold performs with Robby Anderson as one of his top receivers.  Then we'd have a clue of how that tandem would do together.  If only.  

Well don't forget it won't be just DJ and Robby.   There's also Terrace Marshall Jr. to take into account as well as Dan Arnold. 

I'll take your sarcasm and match it with :

If only we could've caught a glimpse of how Sam Darnold performs with all that talent....oh wait!  We will.   This Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Vin said:

Well don't forget it won't be just DJ and Robby.   There's also Terrace Marshall Jr. to take into account as well as Dan Arnold. 

I'll take your sarcasm and match it with :

If only we could've caught a glimpse of how Sam Darnold performs with all that talent....oh wait!  We will.   This Sunday. 

I can't wait to see what the excuses will be when he sucks!

On 9/7/2021 at 9:52 AM, Alka said:

That's right, a star is born and his name is Zach Wilson. Zach will be the star of the day and lift the Jets to their first win of 2021. 

One thing that will come into play is that we have not seen the real Jets team yet, and that Jets team will highlight a supercharged Quinnen Williams and Rankins clogging up the middle, and a surprising pass rush from Shaq Lawson and Huff around the edge on defense.  Yes, the Jets cornerbacks will get singed if not torched, but will keep things in front of them, and look for opportunities against the sometimes indecisive Darnold. 

On offense, you will see a very effective running game with fresh legs from different running backs and a highly motivated left side of the offensive line opening up holes for the running game to flourish.

And no game is complete without a Sam Darnold interception, which will occur at some point in the game.

Note: A couple of years ago I started threads predicting each Jets game, and I got about 5 games in a row correct.  My pledge is the first game I get wrong, I will stop my predictions for the balance of the year.  So, If I'm wrong on this game, you won't see any more prediction threads from me from the rest of this year. That's either a good thing or a bad thing, I guess.

This is great. While you are able to predict the future, do you have the lotto numbers for me or any hot stock tips?

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Didnt realize you felt that way, the overwhelming feeling I'm getting from the board is Sam = W and I think it's not that simple.  

I think your stance is probably realistic.  It's hard to imagine him making a jump into the top half of the league.  But and I'm sorry you feel it's hogwash but I have no clue.  I think he'll be better, how much?  I dont know, not sure it ultimately matters.  All I'm really talking about is week 1.

Panthers win week 1, Panthers get new starting QB for next year. 

• Haha 1

Far too many of you are acting like the Panthers are some type of powerhouse.  

They’re a below average NFL team when healthy, and right now they’re a bit banged up. 
Now, the Jets are a young team on the rise     .  
Jets rightfully are underdogs but this should be a good game.  It can go either way and likely will turn in a few key plays. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

On 9/7/2021 at 3:46 PM, JiFapono said:

Who said anything about a top 10 team?  You're putting words in my mouth.  I said they have a lot of offensive fire power because they do.  They have the best all around weapon in Football in CMC, 2 lightening fast WR's coming off of 1,000 yard seasons and just added another in the draft.  They have 2 dangerous TE's that can block and catch. That's a lot to handle for a team with literally not a single corner who has played a down in the NFL.

And I like what they did on D.  Hassan Reddick has 12 sacks last year for Arizona.  AJ Bouye is one of the best in the business and I really liked their draft. Jaycee Horn (my favorite CB in the draft) 8th overall.   Daviyon Dixon (who I took in the JN draft for the Panthers).   And I think their first 4 picks from last season are going to all be solid. Brown, Gross-Matos, Chin, Pride Jr.

Didn’t Bryce Hall play the second half of the season last year?  What am I missing?

• Upvote 2

On 9/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, Vin said:

Only two teams scored 30 points or more per game last season, Tampa & Green Bay.

Now we're adding Sam Darnold and the Panthers to that list led by Brady and Rodgers?

LOL, ok

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BugZy said:

I remember when Carolina got their first ever franchise win against the Jets. We need to pay them back every time we play them. Go Jets, make them pay! I look forward to next weeks prediction.

I remember that too.  That was made fun of so much Howard Stern was talking about it the next day on his show and he never cared about sports