Zach Wilson Looks Ready for Prime Time –Tape Breakdown by Kurt Warner

Claymation

52 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I respect Kurt Warner's opinion. He overcame a lot to get to get into the HOF and he's a pretty straight shooter. That said, I agree with him that there's just not alot of tape on Zach, and when he's up against the 1's, he might not be as calm and collected, but I'm hoping ...

• Upvote 4

He does look confident and smooth.  No panic.

I think we'll learn a lot more by Sunday night.  

If he looks calm, composed and makes big plays things are going to be very exciting around here.

If he looks sloppy and confused - it's okay, he's still a rookie - but certainly excitement will be dulled.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He does look confident and smooth.  No panic.

I think we'll learn a lot more by Sunday night.  

If he looks calm, composed and makes big plays things are going to be very exciting around here.

If he looks sloppy and confused - it's okay, he's still a rookie - but certainly excitement will be dulled.

Sunday night? It’s a night game?

Zach has a calm demeanor in the pocket, when he feels pressure, he drifts away from it while keeping his eyes are looking downfield. That's why people rave about that one pass to Davis on the sideline. It's not who Zach was facing, it's how executed the play. He looks at Herndon who is covered because of a lazy route, looks at the seem route and draws the safety and CB to him. Feels pressure, drifts to his right while keeping his eyes downfield and throws a back shoulder pass to Davis. This isn't a one read, take-off play but a play that the elite QBs make consistently. Two reads, buy time and make a safe throw with great ball placement where only his Wide Out can make the play. I understand there is hesitance in believing that he will be a solid QB because he has only done that for a handful of plays. I believe if given time to throw, Zach can become an elite QB. Having Moore and Davis will make that transition even an easier one.

• Sympathy 1

Warner when he's thumb wasn't screwed up was fantastic.  He had incredible vision across and down the field.  He had a couple of the greatest years in NFL history based on vision and always getting the ball out to the right guy.   Amazing playoff QB who gets a bad rap for lossing the SB to the Pats who the refs let mug his WR.  Outdualed Rodgers in the NFC finals in 2009 with a 5TD 154 QBR game to get to the SB.  

Loved his breakdown.  It says as much about him as a QB as it does about Zach. 

• Upvote 2