Jump to content

Does the Jets Young Defense Stand a Chance?


Recommended Posts

NY Jets

The NY Jets have a defensive minded head coach in Robert Saleh. He has a very young roster, filled with first and second year players. There isn’t a lot of depth at cornerback especially. The defensive line and linebacking core has some more experience.

With all these moving parts and all this youth, the question has to be asked. Does the NY Jets Defense stand a chance this season?

This is the youngest Jets team since 1990.  Let us know what you think in our NY Jets forum.

The post Does the Jets Young Defense Stand a Chance? appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/LBX2PhNcGiA

Click here to read the full story...

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JetNation said:

NY Jets

The NY Jets have a defensive minded head coach in Robert Saleh. He has a very young roster, filled with first and second year players. There isn’t a lot of depth at cornerback especially. The defensive line and linebacking core has some more experience.

With all these moving parts and all this youth, the question has to be asked. Does the NY Jets Defense stand a chance this season?

This is the youngest Jets team since 1990.  Let us know what you think in our NY Jets forum.

The post Does the Jets Young Defense Stand a Chance? appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/LBX2PhNcGiA

Click here to read the full story...

The Official Food of The New York Jets

Love this cat. Cool For Cats.

green-beans-732x549-thumbnail.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes.  They'll be fine.  

They're going to let up points, no doubt.  But they'll come up with enough stops to keep them in the game.

I really do feel like this game is going to come down to offense.  Can we score TD's.  Not FG's - but TD's.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s going to start up front. Losing Lawson is a blow but it’s not like they lost a guy like Donald.  Qwill didn’t play much in preseason and his being in the lineup will improve things. Same thing with Mosely.  They’ll need to protect the corner a bit.  We’ll see. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The DB's catch a break in the fact that Darnold is not the most accurate passer but they are facing a super star RB so those DB's may find themselves  on an island with the S cheating up to defend the run so things can get ugly quick if they can't  keep Moore and Anderson in front of them.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting.

Clearly the media narrative that has developed is that the defense will suck. It's up to them to prove everyone wrong.

What I'll say is this -- if we're going to be bad I'm happy to be bad with young, hungry guys fighting for their careers. Some will sink, some will swim, but it's young, fresh faces competing. One of the reasons last year was so brutal was not only were we atrocious but we were atrocious with Joe Flacco handing the ball off to Frank Gore.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

WHERE??????????????????????

My sister and husband just saw them with Hall an Oats at the PNC, not even a month ago.  I've got tickets in Florida for the same tour next month at the Hard Rock

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My sister and husband just saw them with Hall an Oats at the PNC, not even a month ago.

This is Hall and Oats...

1631191991954.thumb.png.916cacef4541d709a50eeb44db33e544.png

 

And this is Hall and Oates...

 

71G9Ljhf5XL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.5c93382d571691b4bde0f8391f16fd07.jpg

 

... Let's keep things clear for the under 60 crowd in here.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe.

Joe Douglas is betting his career that his HC and young secondary can get the job done.  On paper it looks like he may have corrected our QB, WR's, and OL but going into an NFL season without any cornerbacks and a disgruntled no-longer-a-captain safety is outrageous.    

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Maybe.

Joe Douglas is betting his career that his HC and young secondary can get the job done.  On paper it looks like he may have corrected our QB, WR's, and OL but going into an NFL season without any cornerbacks and a disgruntled no-longer-a-captain safety is outrageous.    

SAR I

We traded Adams last year just so you know. 

Last time I checked, Maye said he is playing regardless of contract. So who cares. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

We traded Adams last year just so you know. 

Last time I checked, Maye said he is playing regardless of contract. So who cares. 

Maye is the disgruntled no-longer-a-captain safety I was referring to.

Douglas better be right about his young cornerbacks.  He feels so good about them he cut Austin, so here we go, another Douglas diceroll to contend with.  I expect them to win.  So they shall.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Maye is the disgruntled no-longer-a-captain safety I was referring to.

Douglas better be right about his young cornerbacks.  He feels so good about them he cut Austin, so here we go, another Douglas diceroll to contend with.  I expect them to win.  So they shall.

SAR I

You're not wrong about the corners. It's going to be a clown show. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You're not wrong about the corners. It's going to be a clown show. 

I understand that a rebuild takes years, I get it.

But Douglas seems to not understand the concept of spreading the assets around.  He zones in on the OL, boom, looks good.  He zones in on the WR's, boom, looks good.

But to do so by completely neglecting CB?  That's crazy.  I thought that the logic behind not paying Adams and Maye was to take that money and put it towards more reasonable FA's or use the picks to replenish with 1's or 2's.  And he did nothing.  UFA-caliber CB's is quite a risk to take.  If Douglas is a genius, this will surely be his chance to prove it.  Or be his undoing.

SAR I

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be watching Sherwood and the panthers plan of attack. I would imagine they will double Q and run at Sherwood, and if the jets bring a safety down, it’s Robby time. If the jets stay in a 2 deep shell the Panthers should just run it, will Sam have the patience or will he throw into double coverage?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...