our rbs are trash

kmnj

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 43
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

Great points. But, I thought that zone blocking thingy majngy from the Shanahans actually makes trash backs good? 

I expect Michael Carter who Douglas drafted this year to emerge at some point as a quality NFL running back.  If he doesn't I'm probably going to have to agree with the premise of this post.   I'm excited to see what this kid brings to the table in both the running and passing game.  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Perine is trash too

Agreed that JD did not upgrade in any way at RB however I think he is plugging in players for the new offensive scheme. We will see if it works! 

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not one of her better songs imo though one of the more famous.

the lyrics are great.  I have to disagree.  She was a prolific writer so it's hard to say what's better.  Love the title and tying the loss of her dad to the loss of everything else.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Our run game will be good. The Shanahan system is proven and it will be proven again here. Becton and AVT will lead the way. We don't need Christian McCaffrey to have a good running game. Just watch. Ty Johnson and Michael Carter will produce like beasts in this system IMO.

I love the Shanahan system.  There is a learning curve, and I think it will take at least a half a season to really start to gel.

But, this is kind of what the year is about, new system, tons of youth, do they learn and show improvement?   Or is it a dumpster fire?