• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in h

On the list of issues with this team, the RB's are nowhere near worth complaining about

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

Some posters here shouldn't talk about trash.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, kmnj said:

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

JESUS....Didn't another poster get a lifetime ban last week for pro-level thumb-sucking?

THIS is who we need at this moment in time:

image.png.83f97053ed155adbe66c5a4570e6fa8e.png 

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

The 49ers (or "Jets West" :D ) have the following RB depth chart:

• Raheem Mostert
  • Trey Sermon
  • Wayne Gallman II
  • JaMycal Hasty

In 2019, when they were second in the league in rushing yards, at a healthy 4.6 YPC, and 23 rushing TDs, they had

• Raheem Mostert
  • Tevin Coleman
  • Jeff Wilson Jr
  • Matt Breida

Hardly a who's who of running backs. Coleman will have to perform or he will not get playing time, simple as that. There are plenty young backs that will slot right in if he's not getting the job done (I hear Saleh likes his young players actually getting playing time ;-) ).

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing what Ty Johnson can bring - he was one of the few bright spots on the team last year, once Gase had no choice but to play someone other than Frank Gore.

They had a great fullback for 12 games and an all pro TE who's a beast sealing the edge and can pull and lead block.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They had a great fullback for 12 games and an all pro TE who's a beast sealing the edge and can pull and lead block.  

So it's the system and the blocking, more so than the RBs themselves, which make the offense go.

We may have trash at TE / FB, but the RBs are not a problem.

Just now, TeddEY said:

I’m also struggling to comprehend how the 2-14 team from last year isn’t very good on paper this year.

must be recycled paper

4 minutes ago, jamesr said:

So it's the system and the blocking, more so than the RBs themselves, which make the offense go.

We may have trash at TE / FB, but the RBs are not a problem.

They had the personal on both sides of the ball to run on people.  

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Perine is trash too

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime you find...you get what you need

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They had the personal on both sides of the ball to run on people.  

Fair enough - but their RBs were not All Pros / Pro Bowlers, they were cogs in a machine. Replaceable cogs. Just like our RBs.

The OP was saying our RBs are trash. You don't need stars / big names if you have the system and the blockers to pull it off. Had he posted that our TEs and FBs are trash I'd have agreed 100%.

• Upvote 1
Just now, jamesr said:

Fair enough - but their RBs were not All Pros / Pro Bowlers, they were cogs in a machine. Replaceable cogs. Just like our RBs.

The OP was saying our RBs are trash. You don't need stars / big names if you have the system and the blockers to pull it off. Had he posted that our TEs and FBs are trash I'd have agreed 100%.

If you think were trotting out the 2019 SF 49ers roster you shouid take another look.  The 49ers would have been even better if they had a great back.  

Just now, Biggs said:

If you think were trotting out the 2019 SF 49ers roster you shouid take another look.  The 49ers would have been even better if they had a great back.  

I never said we were. I simply pointed out that you don't need top notch RBs to run the SF / Kyle Shanahan system.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Signed to their practice squad. :-) 

Schefter reporting that he is expected to be added to the 53.  So long as he is not on our roster, that works for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I never said we were. I simply pointed out that you don't need top notch RBs to run the SF / Kyle Shanahan system.

We don't have a top notch TE or Fullback either.   FYI SF running the Shanahan system, was 21st in rushing yards in their first year with Carlos Hyde as the lead running back. 

This team is going as far as Zach takes them.

Schefter reporting that he is expected to be added to the 53.  So long as he is not on our roster, that works for me.
I honestly wondered if JD was talking to them to see if he could swing a trade for one of our guys (e.g. Adams).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Jets: Draft mauling LG to pair with mauling LT, also draft a promising rookie RB, completely change offensive systems to historically efficient running scheme

KMNJ: Douglas did nothing to upgrade the run game

awkward ricky gervais GIF

Michael Carter running behind VT is the key to the whole thing.  One caveat is Carter is going to have to block for Zach to get lots of reps.

• Upvote 1
We don't have a top notch TE or Fullback either.   FYI SF running the Shanahan system, was 21st in rushing yards in their first year with Carlos Hyde as the lead running back. 
This team is going as far as Zach takes them.
And they were second in the league in 2019 with Mostert (a nobody at the time), Coleman and other JAGs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Just now, Biggs said:

Michael Carter running behind VT is the key to the whole thing.  One caveat is Carter is going to have to block for Zach to get lots of reps.

Fair point. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of saying JD didn't do a thing for the run game. They changed the entire f'n offense and drafted two key players. 

• Upvote 4
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Fair point. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of saying JD didn't do a thing for the run game. They changed the entire f'n offense and drafted two key players. 

He did but in fairness to the OP the running back room doesn't look great unless he nailed it with Carter.  

Perine is trash too

i’d respond with logic but that would be lost on you - have fun posting stuff like this - i’m going to enjoy watching the jets offensive be deadly effective based on an efficient and successful running game this week - enjoy rooting for whatever team you root for - pretty sure it isn’t the jets

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2