our rbs are trash

kmnj

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

A decent running game improves the passing game. 

Indeed problem is all but the absolute freak studs are 100% dependent on line play. Put another way, I’d rather have the 30th best running back in the NFL with the 10th best run blocking line than the reverse.

• Upvote 3

On 9/8/2021 at 11:22 AM, kmnj said:

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

Spot on.  If the "offensive line guru" has fielded the mess we saw last Sunday, you'd think he would have at least hit on a skill player or two.  Their stable of ball carriers is embarrassingly bad.

Given his past experiences, especially with the Eagles, I was very hopeful that the manpower would improve.  The results we are seeing look very bad.  He has not done any better in the draft than Mr. Coffee.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:22 AM, kmnj said:

our "number one rb" averaged 1.9 yards last year and has run like he had a piano on his back the past few years

our "number two rb" is at best an unknown with under 300 yards and only one td in his brief history

I keep hearing the jets are going to be a run team like the niners were-really who is going to be doing the running?

Perine is trash too

Joe has done nothing to improve our running game vs last year -a washed gore = a washed coleman 

on the plus side Wilson will be throwing all over the place as the passing game is going to be the only thing working for the jets so hopefully is becomes our franchise QB we all hope and pray for

Not true...line effects the run game. Carter ty and others can run....Coleman is not very good any more but still..

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Spot on.  If the "offensive line guru" has fielded the mess we saw last Sunday, you'd think he would have at least hit on a skill player or two.  Their stable of ball carriers is embarrassingly bad.

Given his past experiences, especially with the Eagles, I was very hopeful that the manpower would improve.  The results we are seeing look very bad.  He has not done any better in the draft than Mr. Coffee.

my original post was before the season and I was called a troll and clueless and I should be banned..... I was spot on-our RBS are trash and our line is bad.  At this point we know what we have with Coleman-he  should never start again-Joe drafted guys he believes are good(I actually think they are not but that is another story lol) . Joe and Coach need to play TY and Carter going forward-see if they are what Joe thought they were-Coleman is trash which is why his two previous teams including the coach's old team let him walk

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Not true...line effects the run game. Carter ty and others can run....Coleman is not very good any more but still..

well the jets front office and coach think Coleman(who is is washed)  is better which is why they started him.....

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

my original post was before the season and I was called a troll and clueless and I should be banned..... I was spot on-our RBS are trash and our line is bad.  At this point we know what we have with Coleman-he  should never start again-Joe drafted guys he believes are good(I actually think they are not but that is another story lol) . Joe and Coach need to play TY and Carter going forward-see if they are what Joe thought they were-Coleman is trash which is why his two previous teams including the coach's old team let him walk

I was holding out hope and was doing my best to be an optimistic fan. Then I saw the line perform and the ball carriers in action.

It is not just a matter of gelling or getting used to the system or making adjustments.  The manpower on the line is poor. 

I also want to say I was strongly against drafting Becton.  I wanted an offensive line pick, but cautioned against Becton.

The Jets are never going to be a quality organization until the team ownership changed hands and provided the new owner is a capable administrator.  From that comes a successful GM, HC and sustained talent on the roster

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Welcome to being right on JN. Make a prediction that hurt feels and you’re a troll.

Be proven right and then it’s “well, duh, everyone knew that from the beginning.”

wah, wah, wah.  We don't have a great back.  Big ******* deal. The offensive line played like sh*t.  What a shock.  The part where you say they are  outmanned is a crock of sh*t.  When you, or the guy next to you, are not doing what you are supposed to, or are thinking about what you are supposed to be doing instead of doing it, that is what happens.  As they learn the system everybody will get better.   Let them put in the time.  If things aren't improving, then call for heads.  Zeke looked like sh*t on Sunday.   Barkley looked like sh*t on Sunday.  Dalvin ******* Cook took 20 carries to get 60 yards.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, NamathToCaster said:

Hopefully the O Line issues get fixed this week and we establish the run against the Pat's.  Would prefer Zach does not have to drop back as much as he did at Carolina.  BB is going to make it difficult for him, but excited to see how Zach handles  his first encounter with Grumpy Bill. 

I honestly would not even play zach right now-last week showed the team is not ready to protect him-bad line and bad rbs vs BB is going to be a rough day-Zach took some shots one brutal one in particular for an avg at best panther defense. BB is going to bring the house vs Zach and it wont be pretty.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

well the jets front office and coach think Coleman(who is is washed)  is better which is why they started him.....

I think they started him becauses of the familiarity with the syustem and teaching others...he doesnt have to think as much and can just run. His ability might now be as much as the others but his knowledge is much better and help the other get up to speed. I saw old ass coleman run for like 10 yards in the game with ablock. 

Its weird because he is more dependant on blocking because of his being older etc, where as the other dont need the blocks as much. But that is misleadiung because all of them need the blocking to be successful. So he is going to remina the starter and the other will evenrually get more touches. Its smart and backed up with empiracle evidense going back forever. It is the right way to do it. That is unless of course you have some back that is talented that it doesnt matter - i.e. elite talent. We do not ahve that.

• 2 weeks later...

Before the reason started I posted our RBS were trash and I was called a troll and was told our running attack would be great because we were going to employ the "shanny" sytem which you can plug in  any running back in-well that proved to be 100% false-you actually need to have a line and to run the shanny system, you need backs that can run in the shanny sytem,  you shockingly seem to need shanny to run the shanny system -folks thought our coach learned from osmosis because our coach was on the same team as shanny

I cant believe Joe brought in Coleman who washed out of his last two teams including the coach's old team you know that ran the shanny system. Joe left Sam with no line no tight ends and a washed up gore-sadly Wilson has no line no tight ends and a washed up Coleman-following history to a T

so what is the plan going forward ? having no running attack is a recipe to get your rookie QB killed especially with no line.

The move that makes the most sense to me is for Joe to pick up the phone and trade Mims for a RB  as clearly the team hates Mims-in the mean time I would roll carter out as the feature back and put wilson on the move and throw lots of screens to carter -he at least has hands and speed 

• Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

Carter is part of the long term plans, if i had to guess they may draft one next year as well. This system loves having backs on the bench and rotating. RB is the least of my worries...we have bigger issues.

Carter has at least demonstrated that he belongs on the field. I see his floor as a third RB, and a ceiling of quality two. 

Fix the line and everything will follow. I don't think the RB's are that bad, especially Carter. I am still hopeful that with more time together, and if Becton returns and plays well, that the line will improve.

Fix the line and the RB's and the QB will look much better.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I assume it's to utilize the RB's on the roster.  Specifically, the one they drafted.  

Oh wait forgive me, I forgot, he's had 3 games to show his worth and he hasnt yet, so he sucks and will suck forever.

Honestly the Michael Carter duet seems to be a positive ray of light from the draft. Far as I’m concerned. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly the Michael Carter duet seems to be a positive ray of light from the draft. Far as I’m concerned. 

I agree. I was rooting for both to make the team during camp, and I think both are potentially long-term contributors. I like MC2.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Shanahan started 0-9 in San Francisco before finishing the season strong for a 6-10 season. He followed that up with a 4-12 season and people were saying Lynch and Shanahan were in over their heads. In year 3 they were 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl. It takes time to implement a new system with young players but it can be successful.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch I am not saying that Saleh and LaFleur will go to the Super Bowl in year 3, just that it isn’t necessary to panic 3 games into the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

OL is everything.

A good OL makes your running game better which in turns allows the QB to have more than a millisecond to take the snap and make the right read and throw.

You would think that after years of guys like Mawae, Mangold, Brick, Faneca, Woody opening holes and protecting the QB, they would at least have somewhat of an understanding OL and DL are the most important parts of a football team. 

• Upvote 1