Zach Wilson voted team captain

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

Foley over Maye was the biggest surprise for me. 

Foley is more of an outspoken leader than Maye. Maye is a let-your-play-do-the-talking kind of guy. I guess the players just like Foley's style of leadership more this year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Foley over Maye was the biggest surprise for me. 

Agreed.

I love the fact that this is all voted by the players.  They're the ones grinding thru camp together, seeing who is working, who shows up on time, who is mentoring/coaching the younger guys, etc.

I'm not shocked in the slightest that Mosley was voted Captain.  The guy is a true leader and I think it has shown in camp in ways that fans and media don't always see.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Most franchises hate bad QBs.  Our franchise keeps them around for 3-4 years and have fans who years later still bemoan when they're gone.  

Granted, the Dolphins are hardly the best franchise to try to impersonate.  But its better to move on from a bad QB quickly than hang onto them for an extra year or 2.  The Cardinals gave up on Josh Rosen after 13 starts and it worked out pretty well for them.

The Cards made a huge mistake. Rosen is going to be a star in this league and they will be miserable for years having given up on him too soon.

said no one but Rosen's mommy

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is totally shocking news. Never would have expected the highly drafted QB that was immediately made the starter would end up a captain. 

From recent drafts, Mayfield, Darnold, Josh Allen, and Daniel Jones and Tua were not named team captains. 

Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow were named team captains.

Assuming you’re being sarcastic, this confirms you’re lack of surprise. The guys who were not named captains were expected to ride the bench. Darnold being the exception.

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It is impressive for a rookie QB to be voted captain. Heck, Namath wasn't voted captain his rookie year. In fact, he was not voted captain until Weeb Ewbank told Gerry Philbin and other leaders on the team that he needed them to vote Namath captain. 

Good point, but I bet they all went to Joe's birthday party....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

From recent drafts, Mayfield, Darnold, Josh Allen, and Daniel Jones and Tua were not named team captains. 

Assuming you’re being sarcastic, this confirms you’re lack of surprise. The guys who were not named captains were expected to ride the bench. Darnold being the exception.

My memory may be failing me, but I recall Darnold was not anointed the starter either. He ultimately ended up winning the job (and it was likely setup to do so) from the "battle" with Josh McCown.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Huh? Josh Allen and Daniel Jones are both captains. Browns and Panthers haven’t announced yet. Are we just making things up now?