Zach Wilson voted team captain

Rhg1084

My memory may be failing me, but I recall Darnold was not anointed the starter either. He ultimately ended up winning the job (and it was likely setup to do so) from the "battle" with Josh McCown.
Lol @Battle..

He didn't win sh*t, they just didn't name it on record.

Sent from the NY Jets Training Camp Suicide Watch desk.

You don't need to be concerned about anything. 
But Maye was a captain last year, leads the secondary and is arguably the best player on the Defense.  It's not a good sign.
No, there is no argument there.

He is NOT their best player on defense. Not even close

11 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

No, there is no argument there.

He is NOT their best player on defense. Not even close

Looking at the roster, it seems the offensive pieces are much more in place than the D.  You have the qb, LT, LG and (hopefully) 2 starting wrs in moore and mims.  That’s about half the offense that’s brand new, and that’s before you consider anyone else.  But it’s clear these guys are the foundations of the team now.  But on defense, who besides Q is really considered a guy you’d expect to be here 2 years from now? 

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Looking at the roster, it seems the offensive pieces are much more in place than the D.  You have the qb, LT, LG and (hopefully) 2 starting wrs in moore and mims.  That’s about half the offense that’s brand new, and that’s before you consider anyone else.  But it’s clear these guys are the foundations of the team now.  But on defense, who besides Q is really considered a guy you’d expect to be here 2 years from now? 

no argument there.......but Maye is NOT the best player we have on defense. 

A lot of people are laughing at the idea of a rookie being captain but for three reasons I think it's perfect:

1) The Jets are so young to begin with. This roster has vast majority 1st and 2nd year players. That means there aren't a whole lot of seasoned veterans to lean on.

2) Zach genuinely conducted himself like a leader since being drafted. Saleh said he would routinely hang with the other offensive players including the OL. 

3) This is NOT anything like Rex's Jets naming Mark Sanchez as a captain. Sanchez SUCKED and did nothing to conduct himself as a leader. He didn't lead by example in any way..

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, y2k8 said:

You don't need to be concerned about anything. 

But Maye was a captain last year, leads the secondary and is arguably the best player on the Defense.  It's not a good sign.

this post

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don’t think being the best player is relevant. 

so my post was relevant and the original post was still.......

bullsh*t

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Remember F*ck head Rex making Emkamplai captain against the Jets when he was with Buffalo?

I agreed with it. Geno was a scumbag and anyone with common sense knows it. IK was named captain in response to that incident.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Well duh.  So you agreed with another teams coach naming a jag player captain because he broke our Qb jaw.

Didn’t Geno try to weasel out of paying him back $500 he owed him?

Geno’s salary was what that year? $1.2 million?  He can’t afford five hundy?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Oh, well that indeed does justify breaking the jaw of a starting Qb in the NFL.

Further more it also justifies having an opposing coach troll the Jets by making the offender a team captain.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Oh, well that indeed does justify breaking the jaw of a starting Qb in the NFL.

Further more it also justifies having an opposing coach troll the Jets by making the offender a team captain.

Rex wasn’t allowed to have a NFL CB on the roster his last season here.  He was having fun

On 9/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, Beerfish said:

Well duh.  So you agreed with another teams coach naming a jag player captain because he broke our Qb jaw.

Damn straight... Geno got EXACTLY what he deserved. Rex only did that because he knew what kind of scumbag Geno was from his Jets coaching days. Rex didn't want Geno anyway. He was forced on Rex by that idiot Idzik.....

On 9/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, Albaniajet said:

It's not just the money Albania... Not that it matters but it was actually $600.....

What Geno was officially saying to the team was that there's no such thing as team on his watch. It's every man for himself. F*ck that team mantra. I care about ME, MYSELF, and only ME. As far as I'm concerned that's the very most selfish act that officially gave the Jets locker room terminal CANCER. As a leader, which is what that dirtbag was supposed to be, he said, you teammates are all a gigantic bunch of A$$holes that I'll advantage of when/if I see fit..... If justice had truly been served that idiot Geno would have been banned from football. If that had happened, he suddenly would have changed his tune, wouldn't he?