• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keyshawn needs a muzzle…quite annoying!

You’re right. It’s a new era, and you’re Red Buttons failing to land jokes at a Dean Martin Roast. 

Keyshawn is a clown. Dude literally said Sam has more arm talent than Zach and managed to keep a straight face. Only clowns can pull that off.

Joe Douglas is a generational GM, Robert Saleh is a generational HC, Mike LaFleur is a generational OC, and Zach Wilson is a generational QB.

These guys better win.  That's the expectation.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

I guess if I pick against the Jets it'll be seen as trolling but I do have the Panthers in this one. I think the Jets will get steadily better over the year and will end up being one of those teams a lot of people pick for the playoffs next season based on a strong finish to this year.

But week 1 I see as a bad matchup. Darnold is going to be super focussed in this one and will probably treat it like his own Super Bowl, McCaffrey is back and they will feed him all day. The Jets D-line is really good but he is another one with something to prove after being out last year and will be a front runner (geddit?) for comeback POTY.

Wilson I think will make some great plays that show how good his arm is but will also try to do too much in the second half and commit a couple turnovers. But I don't think he'll get blasted by the media and Jets fans as over all I see him having a good first game and, like the Jets as a whole, will come on strong in the second half of the season

10 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I guess if I pick against the Jets it'll be seen as trolling but I do have the Panthers in this one. I think the Jets will get steadily better over the year and will end up being one of those teams a lot of people pick for the playoffs next season based on a strong finish to this year.

But week 1 I see as a bad matchup. Darnold is going to be super focussed in this one and will probably treat it like his own Super Bowl, McCaffrey is back and they will feed him all day. The Jets D-line is really good but he is another one with something to prove after being out last year and will be a front runner (geddit?) for comeback POTY.

Wilson I think will make some great plays that show how good his arm is but will also try to do too much in the second half and commit a couple turnovers. But I don't think he'll get blasted by the media and Jets fans as over all I see him having a good first game and, like the Jets as a whole, will come on strong in the second half of the season

Panthers look like sh*t... And Darnold will make one of his stupid mistakes. 

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Panthers look like sh*t... And Darnold will make one of his stupid mistakes. 

Sam could make a stupid mistake and the Panthers could still blow out this team, though.

It's not like these Jets are facing the 2020 Jets with the same crappy players there.   

They're facing a team...a TEAM...with real talent and real coaching that is surrounding our former QB (who never had either here).

If the Jets cannot generate pressure on Sam Darnold, he will eat the Jets Secondary alive by picking and choosing which WR to kill the Jets with.   Will it be Robby? DJ? or TMJ?    #pickyourpoison

Somebody mentioned pressure up the middle and I think that's the way to go but it's easier to say it on paper than it is to actually do it.   But we'll see...

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Keyshawn s exactly right. Just ask him. “ Interceptions streaky, just a show of misplaced arm confidence!” Haha 

Yeaah...wasn't too sure about THAT comment.  LOL!

But I agreed with him on the other points.

I mean....Max calling Sam a AAAA-Level QB?    This isn't baseball, you nimrod.

Key was right to call him out on that.  

I get that he's excited for Zach like many of us are but the need to tear down the former QB just to further prop up the current one is just Petty-as-hell to me.

18 minutes ago, Vin said:

Sam could make a stupid mistake and the Panthers could still blow out this team, though.

It's not like these Jets are facing the 2020 Jets with the same crappy players there.   

They're facing a team...a TEAM...with real talent and real coaching that is surrounding our former QB (who never had either here).

If the Jets cannot generate pressure on Sam Darnold, he will eat the Jets Secondary alive by picking and choosing which WR to kill the Jets with.   Will it be Robby? DJ? or TMJ?    #pickyourpoison

Somebody mentioned pressure up the middle and I think that's the way to go but it's easier to say it on paper than it is to actually do it.   But we'll see...

The Jets have talent too my friend... When #8 goes flying down the middle of the field for an 80 yd TD... Or when the d puts on so much pressure on Sam that he makes his bad mistakes... Plus all the pressure is on Sam to win. 

I think it's going to be higher scoring but ghe Jets outscore the Panthers... The Panthers are a 8-9 team... Only slightly better then last year. Rhule is a ok coach. But only ok

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

WTF are you talking about. Panthers played like kittens last year - were 5-11 and that’s with a better QB than Ducknold. 

Well I think they upgraded with Darnold and they get McCaffery back.   I think they are an 8 win team.

• Haha 1

This game will be a challenge for the Jets but it sure is not impossible. I believe the Jets will be well coached, something we have not seen from our team week 1 since we whooped Houston. 

Sam is Sam. I watched him in the preseason and he still makes every throw look difficult. He, at best, throws like 250 yards. He won’t win the game for the Panthers.  They absolutely need CMC to have a day to pull off the win. Because I believe in the coaching, I think our corners will look better than expected (maybe average or a little below), and I think the line will pressure Darnold into a mistake or two. 

If the offense looks anything like they did in the preseason, that’s a wrap. But the Panthers D looked pretty good in the preseason so it won’t be that easy. 

In the end, this game is a toss up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Drums said:

This game will be a challenge for the Jets but it sure is not impossible. I believe the Jets will be well coached, something we have not seen from our team week 1 since we whooped Houston. 

Sam is Sam. I watched him in the preseason and he still makes every throw look difficult. He, at best, throws like 250 yards. He won’t win the game for the Panthers.  They absolutely need CMC to have a day to pull off the win. Because I believe in the coaching, I think our corners will look better than expected (maybe average or a little below), and I think the line will pressure Darnold into a mistake or two. 

If the offense looks anything like they did in the preseason, that’s a wrap. But the Panthers D looked pretty good in the preseason so it won’t be that easy. 

In the end, this game is a toss up. 

Agreed... Even watching the Panthers hype videos, there is nothing showing Darnold's throws... I think Darnold has a chance to be Tannehill in Tennessee but not more... I was super high on Sam but seeing him in Preseason and in the Panther's videos it is clear that he is never going to reach that ceiling that we thought he could. He can still win and be good... Just not a top 10 QB... 

ZW has a chance to put up a Herbert type year. And for once a great thing comes to the Jets and not another team. 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

This game will be Sam Darnold's career high water mark and this board is going to explode. It's going to be entertaining as Hell.

I think it will show his short comings too. 300 yds... 2 INTs, a FF and 2 TDs type game.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vin said:

Panthers look to have a bad Oline minus the starting RG so our Dline should have the advantage there. Lets hope that makes for an uncomfortable day for Darnold and if it does that is the matchup that determines whether we win or lose. If that is the flow of the game then the Jets O should take advantage of that and not be too pass happy since it will give the Panthers the better chance at turnovers. Hopefully Jets use a steady run game and some solid if unspectacular passing by Zack to get the drives/points we need.

• Upvote 1

I know the Jets scarred us last year but the Panthers are not a great team. The idea that they are so much more talented than us is wild. They are marginally better, if at all. Having a great fantasy football running back doesn’t make you a great team 

• Upvote 4
41 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Well I think they upgraded with Darnold and they get McCaffery back.   I think they are an 8 win team.

That's a real stretch to say Darnold is an upgrade over Bridgewater. Bridgewater won the QB job in Denver over Locke and Darnold may not have been able to do that.

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I know the Jets scarred us last year but the Panthers are not a great team. The idea that they are so much more talented than us is wild. They are marginally better, if at all. Having a great fantasy football running back doesn’t make you a great team 

You are right. At this point the way everyone is building up the Panther's you'd think it was the Bucs or Packers we were playing.

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think the Jets probably have the better QB (Darnold stinks) but the Jets are arguably the least talented team in the league right now. You hope Mosley can revert to form and Williams shakes off the rust...but talent wise the Panthers are better pretty much at every level. Hopefully Moore is an immediate impact guy that can score long TD's.

56 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Thats fair. Fine with everything but until I see Sam do anything other than perform as a bottom 5 QB in the league I'll just wait and see. 

• Upvote 3
29 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I think it will show his short comings too. 300 yds... 2 INTs, a FF and 2 TDs type game.

Let me put it this way. If Darnold doesn't shine against our corners he goes from a 1% chance to develop into a FQB to 0%.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

If this game was in the middle or end of the season, I’d be confident we’d win.

I just think rookie hc + rookie qb + mostly rookies starting all over the roster will translate to a loss.

All this talk about a rookie HC and OC and qb is non-sense... Saleh was a great DC and great leader... Reminds me of a better Rex... Rex crushed the Texans in his first game with a rookie qb... 

Stop with this silly narrative... It's just a media talking point

• Upvote 1