Jets Will Beat Panthers

Just now, Skeptable said:

All this talk about a rookie HC and OC and qb is non-sense... Saleh was a great DC and great leader... Reminds me of a better Rex... Rex crushed the Texans in his first game with a rookie qb... 

Stop with this silly narrative... It's just a media talking point

And on this same note mark Sanchez wasn't even poised enough to be team captain. And a lot of fans here are forgetting how good the Def looked against Buffalo in 2019 with Mosley leading the way... Since then the jets have improved their defense minus a loud mouth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keyshawn needs a muzzle…quite annoying!

You’re right. It’s a new era, and you’re Red Buttons failing to land jokes at a Dean Martin Roast. 

Keyshawn is a clown. Dude literally said Sam has more arm talent than Zach and managed to keep a straight face. Only clowns can pull that off.

29 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

All this talk about a rookie HC and OC and qb is non-sense... Saleh was a great DC and great leader... Reminds me of a better Rex... Rex crushed the Texans in his first game with a rookie qb... 

Stop with this silly narrative... It's just a media talking point

Agree and disagree.

That 2009 team was mostly made up of players entering their prime and good proven vets. The 2008 team had 7 or 8 pro bowl players.

This team is mostly rookies or young players who have not hit their prime.

I do agree that Saleh is a leader of men and the exact coach this team has been looking for since Parcells left. 

I just can’t expect too much right out of the gate.

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agree and disagree.

That 2009 team was mostly made up of players entering their prime and good proven vets. The 2008 team had 7 or 8 pro bowl players.

This team is mostly rookies or young players who have not hit their prime.

I do agree that Saleh is a leader of men and the exact coach this team has been looking for since Parcells left. 

I just can’t expect too much right out of the gate.

Agreed but they have been preparing for this game all off season... I expect a big win out of the gate and then a few losses before they settle down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
9 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Agreed but they have been preparing for this game all off season... I expect a big win out of the gate and then a few losses before they settle down. 

Lets hope so.

I would love nothing more than a Win to start the new regime off the right way.

The first few games of most seasons can go either way. Heck look at the past two seasons when the jets had the bills beat in the first game but lost on stupid plays or missed fgs.  By game 4 we’ll know if this team is good. Hopefully they split the first few games.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

We’re not going to win. But scoring +20 points, no sideline blunders from Saleh, and a good showing from Zach should be enough for any Jet fan to be satisfied. 

Not ready to concede the game just yet but, yeah, otherwise I’m right there with you. 

• Upvote 4

People keep saying we have a bottom 5 roster in the league.. How do you know? Our Oline might actually be a strength this year with AVT and Moses additions. Our Dline SHOULD be a strength even without Lawson. Corey Davis Crowder Cole Mims and Eli Moore is better than a lot of teams. Scariest part of our team is CB TE and LB. The best part of that is that everyone is new so we don't really know what we have. They may be as bad as us battered Jets fans expect but with a new coach and so many new starters, we could just as easily be very competent. Half the team was replaced this off-season. Expect the worst hope for the best. Who knows...

• Upvote 2
23 minutes ago, House Jet said:

People keep saying we have a bottom 5 roster in the league.. How do you know? Our Oline might actually be a strength this year with AVT and Moses additions. Our Dline SHOULD be a strength even without Lawson. Corey Davis Crowder Cole Mims and Eli Moore is better than a lot of teams. Scariest part of our team is CB TE and LB. The best part of that is that everyone is new so we don't really know what we have. They may be as bad as us battered Jets fans expect but with a new coach and so many new starters, we could just as easily be very competent. Half the team was replaced this off-season. Expect the worst hope for the best. Who knows...

Because some analyst said so and they haven't played any games to prove otherwise. 

I think people forget how good cj was in 1 game...

Qw, is turning into a great player... 

Rankins was a top dt until he had to do it alone... 

Shaq is the same as rankins... 

Jfm looks like a solid edge... Certainly better then Henry Anderson.. 

Huff might actually be an udfa gem... Not to say he will be great but he looked great bending the edge in preseason.. 

Let's not forget Phillips will be back... 

LB is weak and was hurt bad with the Davis injury.. 

I think there will be a lot of growing pains here but cj I think he prove why he was a top 5 lber... 

Corners are young but I think talented... The great thing about salehs scheme if you can get the quick pressure on the QB the corners won't be exposed... 

Maye will have to anchor that with Joyner moving back to his normal position.. Two nice veterans to take the top off the big plays... 

OL they have a massive mountain as a lt and if he improves from last year, he will be a force.. Add the Moses fant combo and AVT insider... If the other 2 can play average they will have a solid line... 

WR they massively improved from RA, Crowder, and demarious Thomas... They have Davis, Crowder, and what we hear looks like a superstar in the making... Elijah Moore... Not forgetting Mims, Cole, berrios and Smith. 

RB looks improved over lev bell and gore

And Wilson may live up to the hype... Hey you never know... 

TE looks bad but kroft is under rated

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, Skeptable said:

The Jets have talent too my friend... When #8 goes flying down the middle of the field for an 80 yd TD... Or when the d puts on so much pressure on Sam that he makes his bad mistakes... Plus all the pressure is on Sam to win. 

I think it's going to be higher scoring but ghe Jets outscore the Panthers... The Panthers are a 8-9 team... Only slightly better then last year. Rhule is a ok coach. But only ok

I agree with this part.   Things would have to break very right for them to win 10+ this season. 

14 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

WTF are you talking about. Panthers played like kittens last year - were 5-11 and that’s with a better QB than Ducknold. 

That was last year, though.    And that team went 0-8 in games decided by 1 score, and the so-called "better QB" failed to get them into the endzone due to not having the Arm anymore(if he ever had one).    And they were without CMC for, I believe, 13 games. 

What the Jets are facing here is a completely HEALTHY Panthers team with all its parts in working order.  

The weakness is, of course, the O-Line which the Jets D-Line had better take advantage of or it's going to be a loong day.

14 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Keyshawn is a clown. Dude literally said Sam has more arm talent than Zach and managed to keep a straight face. Only clowns can pull that off.

How does one measure arm talent exactly?

Is it how far the person can throw the ball?   How accurate?

10 minutes ago, Vin said:

How does one measure arm talent exactly?

Is it how far the person can throw the ball?   How accurate?

It’s a combo of three things in my opinion.

arm strength: Zach’s arm strength is better than Darnold’s

accuracy: Darnold has good accuracy is the short to intermediate space but Zach has good accuracy to all three levels. Darnold has been one of the worse deep ball throwers since he entered the league.

arm flexibility (for lack of a better word: being able to be accurate and put velocity on the ball at different arm angle. Mahomes is the poster child for this. We can call this a wash as both Zach and Darnold can do this well.

Even if you want to add more stuff like release speed, being accurate on the move etc, there isn’t a throwing trait Darnold does better. At best a trait would be a tie.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Vin said:

The weakness is, of course, the O-Line which the Jets D-Line had better take advantage of or it's going to be a loong day.

Completely healthy Panthers team. LOL Oh the Oline. Thats all LOL  Thats like saying Sam is a good QB just because he was drafted 3rd in 2018.  

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

Doesn’t matter to me what order they come in, so long as we get the 8 we are expecting.  

SAR I

I doubt we get 8; all we can expect is that we are much better in the last week than we were in the first week. That being said, next year is post season or bust :-)

On 9/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, slats said:

You’re right. It’s a new era, and you’re Red Buttons failing to land jokes at a Dean Martin Roast. 

And Adam Gase, who once said, "Text me on my googly eyephone," never got a dinner!

(I remember him being roughly that level of funny.)

• Haha 1
On 9/8/2021 at 6:16 PM, Skeptable said:

I think it will show his short comings too. 300 yds... 2 INTs, a FF and 2 TDs type game.

If Darnold throws for 300+ yards on Sunday, it'll just be the 5th time in his pathetic career that he'll have done so.

300+ yards with 2 TDs and 3 turnovers is the kind of game I'd have liked to see a LOT more often when he was here.  For his standards that's a very good game.  At least he'd be putting points on the board.  Darnold is a gunslinger who doesn't put up big yards or TDs.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
On 9/8/2021 at 6:31 PM, BigRy56 said:

I know the Jets scarred us last year but the Panthers are not a great team. The idea that they are so much more talented than us is wild. They are marginally better, if at all. Having a great fantasy football running back doesn’t make you a great team 

Yep.  They're going to be picking somewhere in the top 12 in 2022.  There still might be a decent gap between the Panthers and Jets but these are both bottom 3rd teams in the league going at it on Sunday.  

On 9/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, House Jet said:

The problem isn't the guys like Becton, Davis, QW, the WRs, etc.  The problem is the paper thin depth at most positions on the roster.  When we had Corey Lawson it looked like we finally might be able to put together a pass rush.  The minute he went down all hope of that was lost.  And without a consistent pass rush our defense can't function the way Saleh wants it to.  That means we're likely relying an offense led by a rookie QB to pour on the points.  

Any other injuries to key guys (knock on wood that we stay healthy, but this is the NFL we're talking about; injuries are always going to happen) and other position groups will bottom out too.  

The young players will develop over time, and we'll "find depth" over the course of the season.  But it'll take a while.  So the first half of the season is probably going to be pretty rough no matter how well Wilson plays.  The many young players on the team will make mistakes that cost the team games.  But we have to be OK with that as long as the team shows growth. 

On 9/8/2021 at 9:03 PM, doitny said:

and he has been on Sams side all year. one of the main guys calling for us to keep him and draft him help

It's good to know that he's been consistently wrong. Good for him. For him to say that Sam has the better arm is absolute crap.

On 9/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, House Jet said:

Nothing will determine whether we have a bottom 5 roster in the league other than our record.  If we are 1-7 at the halfway point, we might be.  If we are 4-4, not true.  We shall see.

• Upvote 1

Going up against Darnold week 1 reminds me of when the 86 Mets were confronted with the idea that Calvin Shiraldi was the ace out of the bullpen for the Red Sox. Their response was basically, “we know Calvin, we played with Calvin, if he’s the ace of their bullpen, I don’t see how we can lose to Boston.” Granted, they needed a miracle to win the series, but that was how they felt going in, and that’s basically how Jet fans feel going up against Darnold in week 1. 

• Like 1