5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Darnold throws for 300+ yards on Sunday, it'll just be the 5th time in his pathetic career that he'll have done so.

300+ yards with 2 TDs and 3 turnovers is the kind of game I'd have liked to see a LOT more often when he was here.  For his standards that's a very good game.  At least he'd be putting points on the board.  Darnold is a gunslinger who doesn't put up big yards or TDs.  

JMO, but I think that more so Gase but also Bowles neutered Darnold.   Along with the lack of playmakers.  The gameplans seemed to highlight his weaknesses and didn't allow him to play school yard which was his strong suit.  Explains why he had so many turnovers without the benefit of the big plays....Not that I am a Darnold fan glad he is gone and happy with Wilson, just trying to make sense of the complete failure that was Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keyshawn needs a muzzle…quite annoying!

You’re right. It’s a new era, and you’re Red Buttons failing to land jokes at a Dean Martin Roast. 

Keyshawn is a clown. Dude literally said Sam has more arm talent than Zach and managed to keep a straight face. Only clowns can pull that off.

The last time a rookie QB won on opening day was Sam Darnold against the Lions which doesn't bode well for Zach this week. However, QBs who started against their former team on opening day are 1-6.

Something has to give.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know you're on a Sam bashing mission lately and rightfully so, he's not good but what QB in the league was going to put up these big games you were expecting with the offense he played in and the weapons he had?  The only "good" season he had here, was when he had actual professional WR's in Anderson, Crowder and Thomas - and he good enough to have many people excited about 2020.  It's not like when he went down with injuries or mono, his back ups were putting up these numbers. He went 7-6 and improved in every statistical category and then JD maybe intentionally or unintentionally, sabotaged him and gave him absolute sh*t to work with last year.  Hands down the worst offensive personnel in the NFL.  Veterans like Flacco ad McCown never put up these numbers your demanding. 

Reality is, the Jets were 0-10 when Sam Darnold didnt start here.  I get that he sucks but this hindsight game you're playing that Sam should have been putting up 300 yard and 2 TD's games left and right just because people "think" he might in Carolina is just silly.  Especially considering what you're not recognizing in this criticism of Darnold that another way to look at this; 4 times Sam Darnold went over 300 yards Qb'ing the worst offensive teams in the NFL...could be viewed as compliment.  lol  

He and F are really shouting down anyone who even remotely says something that is a positive for Sam.   

It's an obsession that isn't healthy, imo.

Sam is not a NY Jet, yet their vitriol seems to make it look like he still is with all the bashing going on.  lol.

6 minutes ago, Vin said:

He and F are really shouting down anyone who even remotely says something that is a positive for Sam.   

It's an obsession that isn't healthy, imo.

Sam is not a NY Jet, yet their vitriol seems to make it look like he still is with all the bashing going on.  lol.

I dont mind that, it's too be expected somewhat but the narrative that Sam should have been putting up 300 yards games left and right is just misplaced.  We witnessed Gase slamming Frank for 1 yard in the middle of the pack over and over again on 1st and 2nd leaving 3rd and long for the worst WR core in the NFL and Sam should have been overcoming that throwing 300 yards each game?  No.  Just not realistic, at all. 

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Reality is, the Jets were 0-10 when Sam Darnold didnt start here.  

expect for the 4 games Flacco started it was 

39 yr old Josh McCownn 0-3

Luke Falk 0-2 

even Trevor Seiman got a loss even though he played 5 mins before getting hurt. that one should be on Falk.

so saying we were 0-10 without him is misleading. 3 loses from a guy who never should have put a uniform on and the other 3 from a guy who should have retired a year before.

13 hours ago, doitny said:

expect for the 4 games Flacco started it was 

39 yr old Josh McCownn 0-3

Luke Falk 0-2 

even Trevor Seiman got a loss even though he played 5 mins before getting hurt. that one should be on Falk.

so saying we were 0-10 without him is misleading. 3 loses from a guy who never should have put a uniform on and the other 3 from a guy who should have retired a year before.

How is stating a fact, misleading?  lol  The Jets were 0-10 when Sam Darnold didnt start.  That is verifiable fact. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

How is stating a fact, misleading?  lol  The Jets were 0-10 when Sam Darnold didnt start.  That is verifiable fact. 

It's just someone nitpicking just 'cause they don't like it when you're in the right.     It's the internet.  😏

First..  It's  9 / 11 ..  my thoughts and prayers are with those in your community that survived that evil terrorist attack on America, NY City, and the World Trade Centers .  Never Forget.

It's  college football in the south so I travel today and won't be back till our 1 PM kick off date  tomorrow,

I've enjoyed my pre season visits to your boards.   Yes, as a homer, I think we'll crush the J E T S ,jets jets jets.,  ( just as you expect to skin the panthers. )  One of us will come out of this victorious ..  

God Bless America on this day of remembrance.  

• Upvote 3
35 minutes ago, slats said:

@Jetsfan80 has never met a dead horse he didn’t need to beat. 

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair he had 31 sexless years and had to do something. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

True. He probably calls his penis, “dead horse.” 

It's the heavy hitting sh*t like this that JN produces that keeps me coming back, daily.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3
On 9/10/2021 at 3:42 AM, pajet said:

JMO, but I think that more so Gase but also Bowles neutered Darnold.   Along with the lack of playmakers.  The gameplans seemed to highlight his weaknesses and didn't allow him to play school yard which was his strong suit.  Explains why he had so many turnovers without the benefit of the big plays....Not that I am a Darnold fan glad he is gone and happy with Wilson, just trying to make sense of the complete failure that was Sam Darnold.

Bowles was clearly not the right coach to develop a young QB.

HOWEVER - considering how bad our OL and “weapons” were that year I give Bowles credit for not putting too much in front of Sam. He had Bates work on fundamentals (footwork / ball control - giddity) and Sam looked real good by years end.

Gase went all cerebral and we saw the results.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

yes 0-10 is a fact. but the way you say it is like Sam is the only one who could win with this team when a fact is that one of those QBs should have been bagging groceries at Walmart and not on a NFL field. another colossal mistake by Adam Gase. and another should have been retired and drinking Pina Coladas on a beach somewhere at 39. 

the only real NFL QB we had on the roster was Flacco. yes he went 0-4 and struggled in his 1st 2 games but once he got the rust off he was much better than Sam. no doubt in my mind that if Flacco starts all 16 games we win maybe 5-6 games. 

that was the beginning of the end for Sam. as bad as the roster was Flacco showed it wasn't THAT bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Ben Had said:

Picking the Panthers in survival pool...being if I dont get eliminated, I'll get them out of the way. 

Half my office pool has the panthers. It’d be nice to pick off half the office right off the top.

• Upvote 3
28 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Half my office pool has the panthers. It’d be nice to pick off half the office right off the top.

where do you work? in North Carolina? lol

can they beat us, sure they can. but were not playing Pat Mahomes. Sam was the worst QB last 3 years. i would not touch this game

for me i think Aaron Rodgers vs Jameis Winston. Green Bay is as close to a lock this week as you can get. only game i would touch without the spread.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, CpSinceDay1 said:

Well Darnold already has the huddle accepting a lost to the Jets, like it's the jets, c'mon....

Wait...I just realized something...

Aren't you a Panthers fan? Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

If you are, shouldn't you be....oh I don't know...rooting for your own team to beat us or something? 

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Wait, you're telling me Keyshawn is a USC homer... Never would have guessed. 😏

sad part is he doesn't sound like a Jet fan. 

you can hear it in Rex, Bart, even Tanny, but not Key

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s Darnold, cmon….

Personally, I'm still holding out hope that one day he has a late career resurgence with multiple Super Bowl victories just so that my New York Jets Sam Darnold bobblehead and jersey will have kitsch-level value to some die-hard Los Angeles Rams fan, desperate to collect anything and everything Sam Darnold. Kinda like how people will covet sh*tty, poorly-mixed early demo tapes from famous bands, just because it was before they got good and sold out.