• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Keyshawn needs a muzzle…quite annoying!

You’re right. It’s a new era, and you’re Red Buttons failing to land jokes at a Dean Martin Roast. 

Keyshawn is a clown. Dude literally said Sam has more arm talent than Zach and managed to keep a straight face. Only clowns can pull that off.

11 hours ago, Vin said:

Wait...I just realized something...

Aren't you a Panthers fan? Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

If you are, shouldn't you be....oh I don't know...rooting for your own team to beat us or something? 

It's called S.D.S....Sam Darnold Syndrome... it's worse than COVID, you must've been asymptomatic.

It's makes you just accept defeat.

The Jets will be absolutely blown off the field tomorrow. We do not have a secondary. And it's the Jets. Any hope will be immediately replaced with staggering disappointment. Rookie QB, rookie HC, no secondary. 38-13 Panthers.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
On 9/10/2021 at 4:25 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

And if/when he sh*ts himself out there, it'll still be entertaining as hell.  

It is inevitable. I happen to believe this week will represent but a stay of execution for the vestiges of Darnold hope.

On 9/10/2021 at 4:26 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

If Darnold throws for 300+ yards on Sunday, it'll just be the 5th time in his pathetic career that he'll have done so.

300+ yards with 2 TDs and 3 turnovers is the kind of game I'd have liked to see a LOT more often when he was here.  For his standards that's a very good game.  At least he'd be putting points on the board.  Darnold is a gunslinger who doesn't put up big yards or TDs.  

Yep. He’s a gunslinger without gunslinger upside. Ryan Fitzpatrick is superior to him in every way.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Dcronin said:

The Jets will be absolutely blown off the field tomorrow. We do not have a secondary. And it's the Jets. Any hope will be immediately replaced with staggering disappointment. Rookie QB, rookie HC, no secondary. 38-13 Panthers.

Not that it means much but yahoo fantasy projects Macaffery to run for 160 yards 😂 

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, doitny said:

where do you work? in North Carolina? lol

can they beat us, sure they can. but were not playing Pat Mahomes. Sam was the worst QB last 3 years. i would not touch this game

for me i think Aaron Rodgers vs Jameis Winston. Green Bay is as close to a lock this week as you can get. only game i would touch without the spread.

I’m in Richmond so some of the office are panthers fans. They are all just eating what the national media is feeding them. If this team is what I really think it is, I’m gonna enjoy seeing people be wrong about the Jets for once. For the record, I’m in at 30-27 Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see the Jets winning today. Darnold doesn't even have to light it up for the Panthers to win. McCafferty will do all the work for him.

I want to be wrong. But 40+ years of being a Jets fan says otherwise.

9 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I want to be wrong, but I just don't see the Jets winning today. Darnold doesn't even have to light it up for the Panthers to win. McCafferty will do all the work for him.

I want to be wrong. But 40+ years of being a Jets fan says otherwise.

Well, I have been a Jets fan for over 50 years now, and I see things differently.  

I really believe it all starts with the QB, and I do believe that the successor to Joe Namath has finally arrived.  No, I'm not saying that he will be as good or better than Joe Namath, but I am saying that Zach Wilson will be our guy for the next decade, and better than any Jets QB since Joe Namath.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not that it means much but yahoo fantasy projects Macaffery to run for 160 yards 😂 

hard to blame them when we couldn't tackle for anything vs the Eagles. and it wasnt just 3rd string guys who arent on the team who missed tackles and could stop the run.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

They chose Wayne C and picks over his massive ego. He's that spurned girlfriend.

Keyshawn got to Tampa, lost a step and got in Jon Gruden’s doghouse now he’s not even known as the best WR from his own draft class 

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Well, I have been a Jets fan for over 50 years now, and I see things differently.  

I really believe it all starts with the QB, and I do believe that the successor to Joe Namath has finally arrived.  No, I'm not saying that he will be as good or better than Joe Namath, but I am saying that Zach Wilson will be our guy for the next decade, and better than any Jets QB since Joe Namath.

That can all be true long term, but this game today will be tough... Wilson is a rookie QB making his first start under a rookie HC and rookie OC. 

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@JiFapono called it:  Carolina pass rush is dangerous.

Carolina at one point straight up pancaked Zach and the back of his head hit the turf hard (I thought he got a concussion).  

• Upvote 1

So...the Jets did hold Carolina to 19 points(which was better than the 20 point prediction someone made).

However....a bit more in-depth look at that reveals that their Kicker missed an XP and Sam overthrew two wide-open receivers in the endzone that would've been sure TDs...and the score would've basically been in the 30s for Carolina.

But at least Zach had his moments where if he got time and the OL did not fail him, he was pretty damn good. 

17 minutes ago, Vin said:

However....a bit more in-depth look at that reveals that their Kicker missed an XP and Sam overthrew two wide-open receivers in the endzone that would've been sure TDs...and the score would've basically been in the 30s for Carolina.

But that's what Sam does every game.  You have to bake that into the equation that it's gonna happen with him.

But yes, obviously a more competent QB would have easily put up 30 points on us, so the defense needs to make swift improvements and the offense needs to be awesome the remaining 16 games for this team to beat its Vegas win projection (5.5).  This was a decent performance today by the D but not good enough to keep us in most games.