Inside the Jets’ downfall to NFL laughingstock: ‘One decision after another’

doitny

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

The Johnsons are easily influenced. Sometimes it is external forces like the media or fans. Sometimes it is internal forces like a team president or adviser who gets their ear. Other times it is a consultant, such as Jed Hughes or Charley Casserly, who advised them on GM and coaching searches, or a phone call from Peyton Manning to influence a coaching hire.

?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

?

Chris Johnson is a bumbler but he knew that the organizational structure needed to change.  Woody is too thick headed. 

The Johnson’s will avoid paying money to guys with issues.  Robby and Herndon were never getting a contract.  They really fear laying out the big money contract.  They still do it, but avoid it 

• WTF? 2

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

?

thats what worries me. how fans can influence them. thankfully there aren't too many guys like @SAR I who are demanding 8-9 wins or else. what if we win 4 do we fire JD and start over again?

almost every article and Quotes from JD and Saleh tell us they aren't expecting to win anywhere near 8-9 wins. hopefully Woody is on the same page 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

thats what worries me. how fans can influence them. thankfully there aren't too many guys like @SAR I who are demanding 8-9 wins or else

I’m not the problem.  I’m the guy who screamed that Rex Ryan was a fraud as early as 2011 and that Mike Tannenbaum and Mark Sanchez should have been retained.  Clearly they didn’t listen.  

And I’m not demanding 8 wins.  I’m expecting them.  There’s a difference. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets r in the best position in the league for a rebuilding team.  The future has never been brighter.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

If Joe Douglas has hit it big on this year‘s draft and free agency class you may be right.  If not, he’s on a Maccagnan track as an awful player-picker.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

It's tough absolutely hating the owner of the team you devote so much time to.

And I mean Woody Johnson, he is an absolute moron.  Not just a terrible businessman but an actual low IQ silver spoon pretentious effete low testosterone imbecile.

Hopefully now him and his brother finally get out of the way. Go Jets.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

If Zach fails and doesn’t show any promise whatsoever, you double down at QB next year with your first two picks and let them make up the depth chart. You can have an elite team but a sh*t QB won’t save you. We haven’t had an elite roster and haven’t had a half decent QB. 

Will the fans have patience with the current regime?

"Fire Joe Douglas!" :D 

The fact that we - finally - have a GM, HC and QB all on pretty much the same timeline gives me hope for the future ... the constant firing of one guy, who gets replaced and gets rid of the other guy, who starts changing the players only for the first guy to get fired straight after, has led to years of constant flux.

Even if Joe D and Saleh are unspectacular, we have to at least ride it out and get to a more stable base before hitting reset all over again. And if we do - start afresh on all fronts, no more keeping the coaches and forcing them on the next GM. 

7 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The only reasonable conclusion that can be drawn by outsiders is that they are both morons. Giving one credit over the other is absurd speculation.

Both are unaccomplished men.   Chris has a WIKI page of almost nothing.

It would be hard to accomplish less than Woody and Chris considering their wealth.  Woodys biggest coup is buying the Jets.  Within 10 years he has turned them into a laughing stock. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Absolutely nothing new or anything that has not been discussed on this forum.

I thought Bowles and Idzik were bad.

The Jets somehow managed to go hire much much worse guys in McCagnan and Gase.

Not saying either we’re particularly good at there job. But Idzik and Bowles get to much blame on this site. 

Idzik had a good plan, he just couldn’t execute it and his drafts were bad (unfortunately the infamous Idzik 12 was a bad draft in general but he didn’t help himself at all)

Bowles wasn’t a good head coach, but he wasn’t terrible. I definitely can see him getting another shot. 

But like you said compared to the people hired to replace them, they were Vince Lombardi and Ozzie Newsone 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Joe Douglas has hit it big on this year‘s draft and free agency class you may be right.  If not, he’s on a Maccagnan track as an awful player-picker.  

SAR I

It speaks volumes that you're the only one that upvotes your own posts... lmao

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I was a season ticket holder in AZ when Arians was the HC and Bowles was the DC.  I always thought Bowles would be a good HC.  The most interesting thing in that article was Bowles apparently hated Mac as much as Gase did.

Bowles was a very creative DC in AZ.  He put together good game plans, adjusted during games and had a great relationship with the players without being their pal.  It was amazing how different he appeared to be when he was made the HC and worked with an incompetent GM to build a team.  It looked like it sucked the life out of him. 

Gase to his credit wasn't a nice guy and got rid of Mac and Williams.  He doesn't get credit for his ability to coach players and lead a team.  He sucked at that.  

I suspect Bowles may get another chance at some point.  Possibly to replace Arians when he retires.  It will be interesting to see how it goes with better ownership and a good GM if he lands in the right spot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

This article nailed it. I’m hopeful we are on the right track. Disappointed in the 2020 draft though. Really hope that the 2021 draft pays off. At least Joe Douglas focuses on the offensive line and offense in general. 

JD syncs with is HC, drafting players he thinks fit the HC's scheme.  So, keep in mind that JD was drafting for Gase in 2020.  Enough said.  As one example, I'm thinking Morgan fit Gases' scheme, et.al.    

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

There are some good and valid points made. But quoting boomer is a little iffy.  Boomer was a big part of the jet failures of the 90’s and its kind of funny to have him comment since this period is nearly a copy of when he was QB minus the johnsons.  This jet ineptness just didn’t start in 2015.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I’m not the problem.  I’m the guy who screamed that Rex Ryan was a fraud as early as 2011 and that Mike Tannenbaum and Mark Sanchez should have been retained.  Clearly they didn’t listen.  

SAR I

Clearly the Jets problem was not holding onto Mark Sanchez. 

And who are you clowning, you absolutely have demanded 8 wins.  

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

To be fair you did not or haven’t demanded 8 wins you have mandated them which by definition is an order. Now you have expectations of 8 wins which is a belief that something will happen. Big difference 

34 minutes ago, rangerous said:

There are some good and valid points made. But quoting boomer is a little iffy.  Boomer was a big part of the jet failures of the 90’s and its kind of funny to have him comment since this period is nearly a copy of when he was QB minus the johnsons.  This jet ineptness just didn’t start in 2015.

Hear hear.

He may be a radio broadcaster and Ranger fan we're proud of in 2021, but when he was a Jet he was a criminal.  He stole our money, played like absolute crap, and blamed all his problems on everyone but himself. 

He aligns himself as the boo-hoo-pity-me Kotite victim but he got Coslet fired and Carroll fired.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1