Cornerback by Committee?

Haven't listened to the Ulbrich interview yet, but this could mean that they'll decide who plays based on matchups.  For example, perhaps they'll play Javelin Guidry on the outside this week, because he's the best CB we have to combat Robby Anderson's speed, but another week they may go with Echols if they feel his skill set would work better against the opposing WRs in that game.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MykePM said:

For example, perhaps they'll play Javelin Guidry on the outside this week, because he's the best CB we have to combat Robby Anderson's speed, but another week they may go with Echols if they feel his skill set would work better against the opposing WRs in that game.

Robby isn’t known for being an exceptional route runner. With this zone scheme with Joyner and Maye I’m hoping those deep routes are eliminated. The more accurate throws required of Darnold the greater our chance of victory. Contain  and make Darnold beat us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Reminds me of 1988, when basically our entire secondary were rookies.

You had Erik McMillan, James Hasty, John Booty, Terry Williams.

Our current rookies weren't picked as high as McMillan, Hasty and Williams, but we just need one of them to emerge as a legit starter and for at least one other to contribute this year.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Reminds me of 1988, when basically our entire secondary were rookies.

You had Erik McMillan, James Hasty, John Booty, Terry Williams.

Our current rookies weren't picked as high as McMillan, Hasty and Williams, but we just need one of them to emerge as a legit starter and for at least one other to contribute this year.

Ahhh memories!

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Robby isn’t known for being an exceptional route runner. With this zone scheme with Joyner and Maye I’m hoping those deep routes are eliminated. The more accurate throws required of Darnold the greater our chance of victory. Contain  and make Darnold beat us. 

Um actually he is known for routes ... He plays for a coach that understands that 9 route is not the only route