**** Bucs v. Boys ~ NFL sucks thread ****

Integrity28

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I held on to this same position for the better part of 20 years.

But no, Brady has clearly surpassed Montana.

Would it surprise anyone in the least if Brady wins his 8th Superbowl this year?

Not me. Hell, I expect it.

To each their own.  All time Madden I'm taking Montana.

• Sympathy 1

Somewhat unpopular here, but it makes you appreciate the Rex gameplan in the playoffs where Brady was completely befuddled.  

I don’t know why it’s unpopular to talk about the best coach in our franchise history.

Rex tears were entertaining which is more than the last decade. We would never win the Super Bowl, but regardless of our team we had a chance to win any single game if he was our coach

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Just now, funaz said:

I don’t know why it’s unpopular to talk about the best coach in our franchise history.

Rex tears were entertaining which is more than the last decade. We would never win the Super Bowl, but regardless of our team we had a chance to win any single game if he was our coach

clown balloon GIF by Team Coco

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

To each their own.  All time Madden I'm taking Montana.

Montana has a 16-7 playoff record with 4 rings.

Brady has a 34-11 playoff record with 7 rings.

Not to mention the stats where Brady obviously blows Montana out of the water. But sure, Montana is better than Brady if you say so lol

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

What about all the playoff games Montana lost?

Sports Illustrated article

Was Joe Montana Better than Tom Brady?

Would Brady have the same resume had he played in Montana's era?

GRANT COHN
UPDATED:
JUL 4, 2021
ORIGINAL:
JUL 4, 2021

It's hardly a debate anymore.

Almost everyone agrees Tom Brady has surpassed Joe Montana as the greatest quarterback of all time. And the reason is obvious: Brady has won seven Super Bowls and Montana won "only" four. And Brady could win more. He's 44, he's coming off a Super Bowl victory and he's on the best team in the NFC. He has without a doubt the greatest resume of all time and it's not close.

But would Brady have the same resume had he played in Montana's era?

Football was a different sport in the 1980s. Defenses could tee off on quarterbacks and did routinely. There was no "strike zone" when hitting quarterbacks -- defensive players could hit them anywhere they wanted and as hard as they could. Plus, defenses could hold wide receivers all the way down the field, which means quarterbacks had to hold the ball longer in the '80s and take more punishment.

Montana took an absolute beating and injured his back as a result. So he couldn't play into his '40s -- no one could back then. Injuries caught up to players. Terry Bradshaw won four Super Bowls in his '20s, got injured and retired at 35.

It's likely Brady would have suffered a similar fate during that era.

I doubt Brady would have had the same longevity had he played in the '80s. Brady cannot move -- he's a statue compared to Montana. That's why Brady suffered a gruesome knee injury when he was 31. Afterward, the NFL changed its rules to protect quarterbacks when they're in the pocket.

The NFL never changed any rules to protect Montana.

Had Brady played in the '80s, it's possible he would have won those three Super Bowls he won early in his career. But then he would have injured his knee, and probably faded away the way most quarterbacks in their 30s did back then.

Don't get me wrong -- Brady still would have been great. Just not as great as Montana.

See ya

• Sympathy 1

Great game, and an awesome way to kick off the new year. The Bucs are back strong, and the Cowboys might surprise this year as they showed impressive albeit sloppy play.

Also, Dak is a great QB, and just rebelled hard against all the irrational hate he gets in the media. Rooting for him.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Tom Bradys team was caught cheating 3 times and had to forfeit picks.  That is the ONLY the time they were caught, I have zero doubt that the Pats got away with far worse.

He has also has had a totally free ride by the refs for 20 years.

I could give a spit how many rings he has, he is part of a cheating scum bag set of teams and his legacy to me is as a cheating scum bag.

Imagine watching a 44 year old Brady put up a performance like he did tonight and instead of appreciating greatness you bring up the time his ball had .5 less psi in it than the colts ball in which the Pats won the game 45-7 lol 

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Imagine watching a 44 year old Brady put up a performance like he did tonight and instead of appreciating greatness you bring up the time his ball had .5 less psi in it than the colts ball in which the Pats won the game 45-7 lol 

I don’t get it

I always hated Brady simply because I had the greatest QB to ever step on a football field playing in the same division as my favorite team for two decades.

Belichick is the scum sucking dickhole that I’ve always truly hated.

Never mind Montana. Brady transcends the sport at this point. You could easily make the case that he’s even eclipsed dudes like Ruth, Jordan and Gretzky.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, funaz said:

It took just 2.5 years before the league figured Rex out and he never adjusted.  Hence why veteran coaches like Belichick, Marvin Lewis, Coughlin, etc destroyed Rex in H2H matchups from 2011 thru the Bills years.

Rex sucks, has sucked for a decade, will never again have an NFL HC job and even got turned down for even an interview at Miami U for their HC position. 

How dare you besmirch Weeb Ewbank with this post.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Tom Bradys team was caught cheating 3 times and had to forfeit picks.  That is the ONLY the time they were caught, I have zero doubt that the Pats got away with far worse.

He has also has had a totally free ride by the refs for 20 years.

I could give a spit how many rings he has, he is part of a cheating scum bag set of teams and his legacy to me is as a cheating scum bag.

7 SB rings. But look at the scores in those games and the circumstances in those games. I'd say at least 5 of those wins should have been losses and were highly influenced by the refs, stupid rules that are no longer valid and stupid strategy by opposing head coaches.  

XXXVI: Patriots 20, Rams 17  The infamous tuck rule in the AFC Championship. Pats should have lost that game as the Raiders were ROBBED.  Then in the SB, OC Martz, the moron, doesnt even use Marshall Falk, a HOF running back and throws the ball a billion times. Even Brady was shocked they won the game they had no business winning.  3 point win

XXXVIII: Patriots 32, Panthers 29  Brady's best game in SB. Give him that one.  Best SB ever probably. Still he threw an INT in endzone that nearly cost them the game.  3 point win

XXXIX: Patriots 24, Eagles 21 Another good win. Not as close as the score. Give Brady that one. 

XLII: Giants 17, Patriots 14  Crushing loss. Crushing. A game they should have EASILY won.

XLVI: Giants 21, Patriots 17  Crushing loss. Crushing. A game they should have EASILY won.

XLIX: Patriots 28, Seahawks 24 Only Pete Carroll, an ex-Jets coach could screw up a Super Bowl like no other.  Stupid is as stupid does.  

LI: Patriots 34, Falcons 28 (OT) Probably the biggest CHEAT SB game EVER.  Falcons destroyed the Pats for 3 quarters and were up by 25.  Not a single holding call is made against the Pats OL in the 4th quarter. HC Quinn lets Pats back in game with stupid stupid stupid 4th quarter offensive strategy. Yet another win they should have lost.

LII: Eagles 41, Patriots 33  Brady chokes in last 2 minutes. LOL

LIII: Patriots 13 Rams 3 The most boring SB EVER if not the most boring game ever. Brady did nothing here. 

LV: Bucs 31 KC 9 Mahomes never had a chance. Defense wins the game. Not Brady. But he had a great year. Ehhh

OHHH and the cheating LOL ? 

So of the 7 SB wins, 4 of them could have EASILY been losses or should have been.  Not denying he is a great QB but there are so many others that were better.  With these rules Mahomes may win 12 Super Bowls by the time he's 40.   

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t get it

I always hated Brady simply because I had the greatest QB to ever step on a football field playing in the same division as my favorite team for two decades.

Belichick is the scum sucking dickhole that I’ve always truly hated.

Never mind Montana. Brady transcends the sport at this point. You could easily make the case that he’s even eclipsed dudes like Ruth, Jordan and Gretzky.

LOL ?Go Suck a popscicle.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Montana has a 16-7 playoff record with 4 rings.

Brady has a 34-11 playoff record with 7 rings.

Not to mention the stats where Brady obviously blows Montana out of the water. But sure, Montana is better than Brady if you say so lol

Not going to debate with a guy who knows squat about the history of football.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Maybe if Montana went to 9 SBs it would be different.

I always said Montana was the best.  Not anymore

I usually stay out of these debates but Jets Nut you're ignoring something crucial.  Back in the day the defense could and did MUG the offense ALL THE TIME.  So, you're comparing apples to oranges.  Have some respect please.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I usually stay out of these debates but Jets Nut you're ignoring something crucial.  Back in the day the defense could and did MUG the offense ALL THE TIME.  So, you're comparing apples to oranges.  Have some respect please.  

What does that have to do with wining?  I would think the clutching and grabbing etc went both ways.

But I agree its not the game from back in the day, the one I grew up with.  

The NFL is just absolute trash.  It's not even remotely a good product anymore.  They're literally just capitalizing of Football frenzy, people live for this sh*t because sheeple will sheep but this product, is dog sh*t.  
There is no going back ... its sad ... at one point they had an amazingly balanced game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

There is no going back ... its sad ... at ine point they had an amazingly balanced game.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Between the WWE production, the rules that constantly change for the worse, the officiating, the clear and obvious favoritism toward the stars and the good teams...it's just completely unwatchable.  I tuned in last night because it was the first game but I quickly realized why I basically stopped watching regular season games if the Jets werent playing in it.  

• Upvote 1