QBS the Jets face in 2021.

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Dang. When you put it that way...

That’s not a strong list of QBs. We might be able to overachieve if Zach steps up.

I think the offense is going to be the strength of the team. More resources, invested on that side of the ball. But I think its beneficial to play top 10 qbs across the season. But I do think they'll overachieve 

5 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Sam Darnold, Mac Jones, Teddy Bridgewater,  Ryan Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Joe Burrow, Carson Wentz? Josh Allen, Tua, Tyrod Taylor, Jalen Hurts, Jameis Winston, Trevor Lawrence, Tom Brady. 

If there was ever going to be a season to roll with a young defense, This would be the one. This is about as cupcake of a qb run that you'll ever see in the NFL these days. 

Great point, I think this is something JD/RS took into account when deciding whether or not we should sign a veteran. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Sam Darnold, Mac Jones, Teddy Bridgewater,  Ryan Tannehill, Matt Ryan, Joe Burrow, Carson Wentz? Josh Allen, Tua, Tyrod Taylor, Jalen Hurts, Jameis Winston, Trevor Lawrence, Tom Brady. 

If there was ever going to be a season to roll with a young defense, This would be the one. This is about as cupcake of a qb run that you'll ever see in the NFL these days. 

We lost at home last year to Mark Rypien on a short week.  When you suck, you just suck. 

I sure hope that this year, we don't suck.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Allen, Brady, Tanny, and Ryan are the only provens. Good observation. 

Hope it plays out in our favor.

Defense is basically a charade in the NFL now, so I’m not that concerned about our young secondary. It’s gonna be arcade scoring for us to win.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Allen, Brady, Tanny, and Ryan are the only provens. Good observation. 

Hope it plays out in our favor.

Defense is basically a charade in the NFL now, so I’m not that concerned about our young secondary. It’s gonna be arcade scoring for us to win.

Before he got hurt Joe Burrow was absolutely on schedule to be elite.  I wouldn't sleep on him if he's healthy.  

On 9/10/2021 at 12:33 PM, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I agree.

I will say though that Tannenhill, Ryan, Allen, Tua and Brady...on their respective teams, can give the Jets absolute fits all day. 

On 9/10/2021 at 9:33 PM, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Also happens to be the list of QBs salivating that the Jets are on their schedule 

More to the point is to go over the defenses Zack will be facing.

- Division games Buffalo / Ne / Miami twice each is really difficult.

- Tennessee , Indy, Nola are all very difficult

Thats 9 games against really good D’s.

The rest of our 8 are more than manageable.

You hope/expect Zack to be able to make some noise in those 8 games and split the difference against the 9, without any major meltdown games.

That’s a reasonable expectation for a rookie QB.

52 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

More to the point is to go over the defenses Zack will be facing.

- Division games Buffalo / Ne / Miami twice each is really difficult.

- Tennessee , Indy, Nola are all very difficult

Thats 9 games against really good D’s.

The rest of our 8 are more than manageable.

You hope/expect Zack to be able to make some noise in those 8 games and split the difference against the 9, without any major meltdown games.

That’s a reasonable expectation for a rookie QB.

Stay focused, The post is about the young defense (Esp at corner) and how if the Dline can get force pressure and force young qbs to make throws that the higher tier qbs wouldn't make then the secondary could make plays.