Here's to a NEW team.....

NYJ1

6 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I think one of the most pathologically, dishonest things that reporters say today is when they're constantly comparing this team to last year's 2-14 team. I see it everywhere and honestly, at least for me, it's been the easiest thing to laugh off. Those reporters that think there are any similarities to last year's team are just plain dumb. They're desperately grasping at straws because they know the title of "same ole Jets" is going away.

This team is on the right path. I believe that. I'm a negative prick most of the time. So when positivity comes from me you know this must be a different time. Something the Jets haven't felt since like 2010. Honestly, I don't care how many games this team wins early. I'm looking for the long term success. If our Jets get progressively better as the season progresses, I'll be very happy. In Joe we trust.....

image.jpeg.0a5c894fdb9852feaff8ced95961c530.jpeg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I think the malpractice level coaching of the previous two years cannot be underestimated. While the roster is not yet playoff caliber, IMHO it was at least four or five win level last year. It's why I am optimistic that with better coaching and a better roster, six or better should be achievable - or at least, competitive games with few or no blowouts, which were routine under the previous staff.

How that hire ever seemed like a good idea to Chris Johnson will always baffle me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

This is only the third time I’ve truly been excited about our organization’s long term outlook.

- Let’s get out the 70s, 80s, and most of the 90s. No fan could say at any point they felt the team was set up well for an extended period of time.

- The Parcells to Belichick succession plan. I thought that was it. We were going to be setup for 15-20 years with all of that great staff and cohesion even when Tuna said he was retiring at the end of 99. That evaporated in a blink of an eye.

- The Rex Years. Gave this franchise a shot of lightning until it all fell apart Christmas Eve against NYG. 

- Those are the only 2 times I ever felt for a moment “okay this is the right setup for a long duration.”

- Now this team. Long term I think we are set up nicely with Douglas and Saleh. I think this is it…I hope this is it.  

Let’s get it!

Parcels changed the trajectory of this franchise. Brought legitimacy and the results were good for a while.

rex was a flash in the pan but for my taste was hard to stomach with the proclamations he constantly made.  But no doubt he brought so many great moments.

since then it’s been utter trash.

in my very long time of fandom those were the only 2…and this group

difference now is we have a young QB

i really like this group and feel better about our outlook than at any point since early Rex

really pumped forward this season 

13 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I think one of the most pathologically, dishonest things that reporters say today is when they're constantly comparing this team to last year's 2-14 team. I see it everywhere and honestly, at least for me, it's been the easiest thing to laugh off. Those reporters that think there are any similarities to last year's team are just plain dumb. They're desperately grasping at straws because they know the title of "same ole Jets" is going away.

This team is on the right path. I believe that. I'm a negative prick most of the time. So when positivity comes from me you know this must be a different time. Something the Jets haven't felt since like 2010. Honestly, I don't care how many games this team wins early. I'm looking for the long term success. If our Jets get progressively better as the season progresses, I'll be very happy. In Joe we trust.....

This is one of the best posts I have read on this forum in years. Awesome !!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I most certainly think the Jets can win on Sunday. I think the 6 point spread in favor of the Panthers is exaggerated nonsense and I'm really not sure why Vegas has it that way? The Panthers, on paper, are a better team than the NYJ right now. However, I think Vegas is looking at Same ole Jets and a 2-14 team. I really don't think they've given much thought, if any, into how much change the Jets have gone through? I also think Vegas still thinks Joe Douglas is Mike Macagnan and drafts just like him. Jets fans obviously know there are no similarities whatsoever between JD and Mac.

I can't emphasize it enough. This team has ZERO similarities to last year's team.

The Jets drafts have become MUCH better the last two seasons and although it's not obvious right now, those players are actually very talented. My hope is this season you'll see just how good the new players are. This is in stark contrast to anything Mac ever did.

But this team is on a different path right now and even if they don't win tomorrow, you're going to see a lot of differences....