*** College Game Day 09/11 ***

Beerfish

Today appears to be a pad stat beat down day for the big guys for the most part.

Bama vs Mercer (one team scored 69 points last week and the other team is Alabama)

Dawgs vs UAB

Oklahoma vs Western Carolina

Clemson vs South Carolina state

Cincy vs murray state

Ohio State (3) vs Oregon (12) has two ranked teams going at it.

The feature game today will be Iowa vs Iowa state  (#9 vs #10)

Normally I’m fairly confident against Iowa State.  What Campbell has going at ISU is just a watered down version of what Ferentz has done at Iowa for 20 years.  And usually Iowa does well against teams that are similar stylistically to them.  However, Iowa’s QB is putrid and I have zero faith in him making the necessary plays to win today.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

At least we are not going against each other's defenses today.  May be the two best Ds in the country this year -- at least the front 7s, I thnk we both have some questions in the secondary.

True, the secondary concerns are real.  That game was a bloodbath in the trenches, neither offense could get into any type of rhythm, pressure was insane up front. 

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

True, the secondary concerns are real.  That game was a bloodbath in the trenches, neither offense could get into any type of rhythm, pressure was insane up front. 

I also think it was worse bacause it was week 1.  Experineced, deep front 7s going against patchwork, inexperienced OLs.  QBs should be better protected as the season goes on.

The rematch in Indy in January should be better.

Just now, Lith said:

I also think it was worse bacause it was week 1.  Experineced, deep front 7s going against patchwork, inexperienced OLs.  QBs should be better protected as the season goes on.

The reatch in Indy in January should be better.

I hated that it was a week 1 game.   I’m all for a re-match, just make sure you beat Florida and we’re all good. 

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Hey, that's not nice!

Don't worry.  After decades of watching our team, you shoudl know that we always mess up our chance at doing something special in one game.  After we beat Clemson last week, the Gators game sets up as the one that kills us this year.

By the way, I love the helmets you guys have got for today.  I hate everything else about your team, but the helmets are cool.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lith said:

Don't worry.  After decades of watching our team, you shoudl know that we always mess up our chance at doing something special in one game.  After we beat Clemson last week, the Gators game sets up as the one that kills us this year.

By the way, I lov the helmets you guys have got for today.  I hate everything else about your team, but the helmets are cool.

Yeah, I saw that...pretty sick.

I'm not bringing myself to have anxiety about our game before Bama.  lol  Not to look past anyone or anything, upsets happen but I'm hoping to see a little more balance on offense this week from the Gators.  We'll need it next week.