1. 1. So how excited are ya?

• Highest Ever Of Course!!!
    • Much higher than normal
    • A little higher than normal
    • Same as always
    • Lower than normal
    • Much lower than normal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2021 at 07:50 AM

OK I am a bit of a homer but I am insanely excited about football tomorrow. Possibly the highest ever, certainly since 2010. Last year was probably my lowest. I think deep down I knew we would suck and the only question was whether we would suck enough to fire Gase. I did not expect the depth of our incompetence last year.

Where are you?

• Upvote 1

I am very excited for this season, probably the most excited I’ve been since the 2009/2010 seasons. Now I’m not expecting playoffs or anything, but this is the first time in a very long we actually have a competent coaching staff and front office. Also, this is the most talent we had on the Jets since 2015, so that’s exciting in its self. The only thing I expect to see this season which we haven’t in years is competitive football and for the young players to actually progress under this new regime. 

• Upvote 4

I have to admit my excitement level is as high as it's been in a long time It's not just that the Jets finally seem to be intelligently managed and coached but I will be at the game! Being able to attend a Jets game live after the nightmare of the last 20 months is definitely adding to the adrenaline rush. 

I'm not expecting miracles this year and I'd be shocked if we win more than 6 games but hopefully our young players, especially at QB and OL, will perform to their potenial.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, K Clue said:

I am very excited for this season, probably the most excited I’ve been since the 2009/2010 seasons. Now I’m not expecting playoffs or anything, but this is the first time in a very long we actually have a competent coaching staff and front office. Also, this is the most talent we had on the Jets since 2015, so that’s exciting in its self. The only thing I expect to see this season which we haven’t in years is competitive football and for the young players to actually progress under this new regime. 

I'm optimistic, too, but these perceptions can change after a year.

This is still a very green coaching staff and front office, even if JD has shown some promise, and most of the talent on this team is young and unproven, albeit exciting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My current situation requires me to keep all my levels of anything really low. 

Not being able to have a cold beer will be the hardest. 

I am confident the NY Jets win this game. 

Its going to hurt like hell to yell but its going to happen. 

You're back.  So great to see you on the board, JW.    

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I'm optimistic, too, but these perceptions can change after a year.

This is still a very green coaching staff and front office, even if JD has shown some promise, and most of the talent on this team is young and unproven, albeit exciting.

I mean yeah you’re right, but just remember they can never be worse than Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains. 

• Post of the Week 1

Very excited to see what this team will look like with a competent coaching staff. My bar is set pretty low, and I just want to be able to watch competitive football the entire season. I gave up watching by early October last year and found a multitude of other distractions on Sundays. I am hoping to return to just see tv this year every Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 3

Trading Herndon and cutting bless was pretty much proof to me that JD isn’t really serious about wins this season.   He can call it investment in the rookies or whatever but with all those extra picks next year and at least 4 million in cap space to work with not even attempting to get a legit corner, linebacker or TE is ridiculous. 

Wilson will be fun to watch obviously but playing from behind and becoming one dimensional won’t help him. 

I’m not excited as much as getting ready to duck lol. 

Hope I’m wrong obviously