1. 1. So how excited are ya?

• Highest Ever Of Course!!!
    • Much higher than normal
    • A little higher than normal
    • Same as always
    • Lower than normal
    • Much lower than normal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2021 at 07:50 AM

1 hour ago, K Clue said:

I mean yeah you’re right, but just remember they can never be worse than Adam Gase and Dowell Loggains. 

I mean, Kotite used to be the "can't be worse than guy", and then we got Adam Gase. If I've learned anything from being a Jets fan, it's that they can always be worse.

Although, I don't think Saleh is that guy. But, mark my words... he is coming.

• Haha 1

Lower than normal…and that’s perfectly okay with me.  I’m not expecting a win in the slightest tomorrow so I’m just here to watch the individual performances and root for growth throughout the year.  I’m happy with the direction of the team, don’t get me wrong, but those expecting us to compete for a wildcard spot or something are in for a long year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Lower than normal…and that’s perfectly okay with me.  I’m not expecting a win in the slightest tomorrow so I’m just here to watch the individual performances and root for growth throughout the year.  I’m happy with the direction of the team, don’t get me wrong, but those expecting us to compete for a wildcard spot or something are in for a long year.

There’s no way it’s lower than last year ?

• Haha 1

cant believe im going to say this but i am excited for tomorrow. haven't felt this good since 2011 when i thought we were going to the Super Bowl.

but like @Mogglez said i dont expect too many wins. i just want to see what all these rookies are.

its like Christmas Day when you were a kid. cant wait to wake up tomorrow and unwrap my new toys. but also like Christmas Day later on when i go to Grandmas house for dinner I'm going to get some gifts i don't like. hopeful the good gifts out way the bad ones.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Very excited to see how our QB and the rest of this young team develops this season under our new HC and coaching staff.  I know many of us sound like homers and broken records when we say "THIS time I really think they've turned the corner," but....... THIS time I really think it's TRUE!!!!

Let's start this season off right by grabbing that W tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Not even 99?

I call bullsh*t on that. 

yes...that ended well.   I remember being so pumped....sure we were going to the Bowl.   Was out the night before...heavy night of drinking.....drug myself out of bed for opening kickoff.....by the end of 1Q was doing shots of Jack

• Haha 1

I’m very excited for the direction of the team even though we’re still not at the destination.

In my mind, we’ve spent years headed in the wrong direction (less talent, worse coaching, fewer wins). We were penned in by walls of stone (overpayed free agents on the team and cap hits for players no longer on the team). We tore down those walls (fire sale of mediocre or higher talent). We turned around the vehicle (new coaching staff). We started driving in the right direction (promising draft).

That’s the good news. The bad news is that one off season of driving won’t get us from where we were to where we desire. Nonetheless I want to bask in the thrill of finally believing that the team is headed in the right direction for the first time since Idzik steered us into the canyon of sorrows.

• Upvote 1

This team has caused me a long life of grief. I have zero excitement, wake me up when playoffs happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Lol...then why are you . . Like the rest of us ... excited enough to be hanging out in a team forum twiddling your toes like a kid before christmas.( or hannukah... or festivus )... its ok brother ... its an insanity we all share

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I’m optimistic but my excitement level is pretty average. I’m more curious than anything. Curious how our defense will play especially our secondary.  Wondering how Quinnen Williams will look in year 3. Can Mike LaFleur create a good game plan? Can Zach get off to a descent start in his career?

We’re so new that I don’t even know what to expect. So I’m going into the season with an open mind. We don’t even know who’s starting at corner and RT (likely Moses but maybe Fant).

Very low expectations.  Love good football and think the entire NFL product the first month of the season is pretty poor.  Hope we’re building a foundation for the future.  Honestly think this team might be fun to watch but will not be a good football team.  Hope it’s better than anticipated.  

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Trading Herndon and cutting bless was pretty much proof to me that JD isn’t really serious about wins this season.   He can call it investment in the rookies or whatever but with all those extra picks next year and at least 4 million in cap space to work with not even attempting to get a legit corner, linebacker or TE is ridiculous. 

Wilson will be fun to watch obviously but playing from behind and becoming one dimensional won’t help him. 

I’m not excited as much as getting ready to duck lol. 

Hope I’m wrong obviously

Really? Herndon is a stiff and Bless was pretty much terrible. Not sure losing both isn't an upgrade. Saleh truly runs a meritocracy and believes athleticism>= experience. It is a brand new concept for Jets fans who seem to always want our team to be stocked with veterans. I love what we are doing and even if we struggle early we will be better in the end.

Lower than normal.  Obviously we get a look at the new QB but the state of the defense probably means we will be in the running for a top-5 pick once more this year.  Hopefully this time next year we will have a number of kids who managed to prove they can step up and another JD draft under our collective belt.

15 hours ago, Larz said:

Trading Herndon and cutting bless was pretty much proof to me that JD isn’t really serious about wins this season.

To me, pretty much misses that conclusion by a mile

Especially when you compare tossing away those useless players with the signings they've made

Lol...then why are you . . Like the rest of us ... excited enough to be hanging out in a team forum twiddling your toes like a kid before christmas.( or hannukah... or festivus )... its ok brother ... its an insanity we all share

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Truth? I’ve been going to Jets forums since the infancy of Jets Insider. I used to be maniacal about Jets football, had season tickets, watched every game, centered all my life around the games. Then I realized that no matter how excited and hopeful I get there is no doubt that this team will ruin my excitement in glorious and often times embarrassing fashion. So now I quietly get my Jets info from here and catch a game when I am free. I love the Jets but I don’t center my life around them anymore.

Look at it this way- it’s much less traumatic to hear about the next butt fumble incident and watch it on replay and laugh than to be sitting there watching it unfold in real-time, emotionally invested in some hopeful ideal that instead of the inevitable butt fumble moment that the Jets would actually have something magical go their way. It’s like watching real-time lottery drawings. You know you’re gonna lose, why not go out and enjoy your evening and casually read about your loss in the paper the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app